Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
killing animals for art
ghjgfkgfk
post Nov 29 2004, 10:59 AM
Post #1

POWAPOSTA

Group: Member
Member No: 30,725

http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/archive/n...thalia_main.htm
http://www.wetterlinggallery.com/newsletter/newsletter.htm

do you think it's okay to kill animals for art?

i do not support it, but it's not different than what society already does. people kill animals for fashion. shoes, belts, coats, ect. people kill animals for meat. these things are 'okay'. not only okay, but something people want. people hunt for sport then go stuffing the bodies and heads of animals to hang them on a wall.

we don't need meat to live. we don't have to wear real fur, you could wear faux fur...none of them are necessary. you could live without meat. art isn't necessary to live. however, she could of used a different way to get her point across, such as painting,

if she killed any animal but 'cute fluffy things' would anyone even care? if she used spiders, ants, roaches, i doubt anyone would think there was even an issue.

pandamonium
post Nov 29 2004, 11:03 AM
Post #2

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Member No: 37,142

i know its wrong but probably in the future they will have something to produce w/o killing animals..... Its just too late now ... so many people are used to everything and if we did change it there would be choas cause there are more meat eaters than vegetarians and also there are rich people who buy those wearable animals lol.... and they also would get mad if they couldnt buy those clothes anymore......

its wrong ... but for me i like meat... and i think it is alittle too late to stop this from happening, but in its own ways it helps people survive.

But that cat in the vase is nasty i dont think that is right casue its just sick..... but if the cat was dead or hit by a car i guess it wouldnt be that bad. but that vase is disgusting ..... i wonder who would buy it.

.kyan
post Nov 29 2004, 02:58 PM
Post #3

kristin's stalker.

Member No: 55,439

i dont think its okay to kill animals for whatever purpose be it fashion, entertainment (the bloody bonsai kitten?? inhumane!), art, experimentation etc but hell its been happening for centuries.

my point now is that we can all find substitutes for these like faux fur and all.

one day all the animals are gonna get extinct if we continue to kill them.

im not that against killing for food but i agree we can do with the vegetarian diet. its also more healthy for the human body.

for those erm, art thingy, its okay if the animal's already dead but you DONT kill it just to make art outta it.

and i will just barf if i look long enough at those pictures supposedly to be art.
so am i supposed to kill my hamsters, gucci and prada, and take a picture of it, frame it and call it art?

baaah the mention of a moral crime. i wonder if its acceptable if i kill that woman in a MOST HUMANELY way possible to take a photo of her and call it art?

it bothers me to see animals sacrificed in a most needless manner to please the human's need for "art".

as for using roaches and stuff, its okay (to me at least) cuz its considered pests. but now why would anyone wanna hang a picture of a few cockroaches in their room??? baffles me.

pandamonium
post Nov 29 2004, 05:21 PM
Post #4

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Member No: 37,142

woah i just showed my friends and i didnt know you scroll to the right but i saw the hand with the little mice on it ..... thats disgusting really repulsive.

ohh and your name airam does that stand for maria backwards lol just wondering cause thats my moms nickname also lol.

Spirited Away
post Nov 29 2004, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Quand j'étais jeune...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,272

But now they are so beautiful - and the insight into the reality behind them gives rise to thoughts about people's shallowness and double standards. Many of us eat meat, wear leather or use make-up that has been tested on animals, without this arousing especially strong reactions. But when a picture shows a dead rabbit, all hell breaks loose.

According to the newsletter, it is shallow for people to eat meat in order to live a healthy life...

"Art is of vital importance", but obviously to them, life isn't.

(Sarcasm) You know, someone can just kill a baby and display it as art. After all, we go to wars and have capital punishment, abortions, and those are considered as double standards. Why not just kill humans and use them for art, too? (/Sarcasm).

ghjgfkgfk
post Nov 29 2004, 06:32 PM
Post #6

POWAPOSTA

QUOTE(pandamonium @ Nov 29 2004, 5:21 PM)
ohh and your name airam does that stand for maria backwards lol just wondering cause thats my moms nickname also lol.

yeah, my name is maria.

as for using roaches and stuff, its okay (to me at least) cuz its considered pests. but now why would anyone wanna hang a picture of a few cockroaches in their room??? baffles me.

it's the bunny or cute factor. cockroaches, ants and other 'pests' are living things too, no?

*Statistik*
post Nov 29 2004, 06:52 PM
Post #7

Hmm isn't it illegal? well i dont think its right because its just like saying ur killing humans for art..no ORGANISM should be killed for any art..i suggest people to ILLUSTRATE the animal their own. not kill the real ones. >_<

iheartjohn
post Nov 29 2004, 06:59 PM
Post #8

yerp!

Member No: 66,454

It's not illegal, because killing animals for fashion purposes isn't and fashion is consider a form of artistic expression.

I do enjoy wearing fur and I find it attractive, but only faux fur. I think it's totally wrong to kill innocent animals for artistic purposes.

shortvi3tlaydee
post Nov 29 2004, 07:24 PM
Post #9

moohaha

Member No: 41,985

omg thats so wrong cry.gif

sadolakced acid
post Nov 29 2004, 09:23 PM
Post #10

dripping destruction

Member No: 21,929

could i ask all you who think we can live without meat to look at thier teeth? what are those sharp teeth at the very front for? in case you didn't know, there are essensial amino acids that you get from meat, and although other types of protien can supplament, it requires a RIGID diet to get adequete nutrition, sans meat.

Rachel
post Nov 29 2004, 10:13 PM
Post #11

i've never wanted anything rationale.

Member No: 19,045

ohh god thats horrible. animals should not be sacrificed for "art" or for fashion. its just wrong...and reall gross

hiromi
post Nov 30 2004, 06:57 PM
Post #12

Loser

Member No: 67,558

Hmm... *thinks* I think killing animals for art purposes is pretty inhumane. It's just.... wrong. I mean, I myself do not particularly like animals, but I find that just awful, if not a bit sickening. As for animal meat, its fine, as long as we do not consume too much, and we do not waste it at all. Taking away its own life just to be in some art museum, or to be worn by some old lady who wears tons of perfume... how sad.

If they really want to be artistic, why don't they make the head out of... plaster or clay w.e, attach faux fur, add eyes, and -BAM!- an exact replica of a cat or some other furry animal! whoo...! um... >.>

haha *feels stupid for saying above* but my point is, don't kill the animal (unless you're going to eat it, and use ALL of the body parts, not just the furs/meats) >_>

Gypsy Eyes
post Nov 30 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Member No: 4,051

QUOTE(sadolakced acid @ Nov 29 2004, 9:23 PM)
could i ask all you who think we can live without meat to look at thier teeth? what are those sharp teeth at the very front for? in case you didn't know, there are essensial amino acids that you get from meat, and although other types of protien can supplament, it requires a RIGID diet to get adequete nutrition, sans meat.

could i ask you if you have any idea what you are talking about? Oh wait i already did. Being a vegan for 2 years, i know what I am talking about. It does not require a rigid diet to eliminate meat, actually its much healthier. OK stopping my rant now..

anyway, as for the using animals for art, I am completely against it. Like someone said above (i forgot who sorry) it is the same concept as killing a baby or a human and using it for art. Our society would consider that immoral and horribly indecent. The same should apply to animals. They are the same thing as us! (Acctually the difference between us and animals is only a few chromosomes, but lets not get into that)

gothicvengeance
post Nov 30 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #14

I'd like to have u for dinner.

Member No: 23,224

That is the most sickening, repulsive, disgusting, repugnant, horrible, hideous, terrible thing I have ever heard of. stubborn.gif At least one of them.

How can someone even THINK of destroying a living creature's life just to "brighten" up their living room or to use as decor?!! If I took a woman, shot her, then hung her up in my kitchen, would most people approve!? I think not! Whoever had the nerve to consider this vomit-inducing idea deserves to be euthanized and propped up on my coffee table as decor, the sick bastard. mad.gif I agree that it should be okay to use dead animals in art if they were already dead in the first place, but taking a living animal and killing it for this "art" is just wrong. I didn't even know about this. cry.gif

ghjgfkgfk
post Nov 30 2004, 08:59 PM
Post #15

POWAPOSTA

QUOTE(gothicvengeance @ Nov 30 2004, 8:51 PM)
How can someone even THINK of destroying a living creature's life just to "brighten" up their living room or to use as decor?!!

art can (GASP) can be made and used for other things besides making a room look 'pretty'.

gothicvengeance
post Nov 30 2004, 09:04 PM
Post #16

That was (GASP) sarcasm. -.-''

Sumiaki
post Nov 30 2004, 09:06 PM
Post #17

NO WAI! R u Srs?

Member No: 28,094

Meat does contain amino acids that we cannot get anywhere else. I believe that all of the arts should not be censored at all.

ghjgfkgfk
post Nov 30 2004, 09:16 PM
Post #18

POWAPOSTA

QUOTE(gothicvengeance @ Nov 30 2004, 9:04 PM)
That was (GASP) sarcasm. -.-''

oh. it's hard to (GASP) show emotion over the internet.

gothicvengeance
post Nov 30 2004, 09:18 PM
Post #19

Sorry if it's (GASP) too much information for your brain to handle.

||edit||

Okay, I don't want to get into an enormous fight or anything. I really did mean it as sarcasm, though. ._.

*kryogenix*
post Dec 1 2004, 03:06 PM
Post #20

How beautiful!

This should be allowed though. We wouldn't want to infringe on the artist's freedom of expression, now would we?

.kyan
post Dec 1 2004, 03:26 PM
Post #21

kristin's stalker.

and if the artist chooses to kill some random human being based on the reason art, we should then not infringe on the artist's freedom of expression?

*kryogenix*
post Dec 1 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(.kyan @ Dec 1 2004, 3:26 PM)
and if the artist chooses to kill some random human being based on the reason art, we should then not infringe on the artist's freedom of expression?

It's not illegal to kill animals is it?

xtremeliquid
post Dec 1 2004, 03:58 PM
Post #23

Member No: 10,691

I don't think killing animal is right...but it is extremely hard to turn into a vegetarian just like that but then again...we should try.

.kyan
post Dec 1 2004, 04:02 PM
Post #24

kristin's stalker.

and its okay to take a life just because its not illegal?

sunissed14127
post Dec 1 2004, 04:12 PM
Post #25

I love you <33333

Member No: 30,404

i think it completely wrong. I dont wanna sound like a tree hugger or anything, but you know, animals feel things too. what if it was the other way around, where the animals were killing us?? and people should learn to use faux fur. it feels the same, and it looks the same, so why should people kill an innocent animal if your getting the samething with faux fur?

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: