Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
new portfolio
batman
post May 15 2010, 10:25 PM
Post #1

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 696,018

ok i'd really appreciate feedback on this. it's not officially published yet so a lot of the text and info or whatever isn't there yet, so disregard content. just give me feedback on the layout itself and how the gallery is presented.

http://art.exklamity.net

(ps the navigation is in the EXKLAMITY header. it's obvious to me since i made it, but i'm wondering if it's pretty obvious to the casual observer. if not, i might have to do some more editing to make it more obvious.)

creole
post May 15 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Member No: 676,364

i like the style of the header navigation, but the hover seems too boring. layout looks pretty generic so far, but i know this has high potential from someone artistic like you! :)

none345678
post May 15 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #3

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

I think it's pretty obvious that the nav is also the header. I like it over all. I have this weird thing where I don't like when links rollover white and when layouts don't have footers, but that is completely personal preference.

I do really like the nav/header idea (you had it like that once before right?)

batman
post May 15 2010, 10:45 PM
Post #4

ah, i hate the white rollover too. i'll fix the link colors. plus put in a copyright footer.

other than that, is the font ok? i hope the gallery doesn't look too messy. plus its bothering me that some of my photos are too small to meet the right edge. i dont know if it bothers anyone else though.

i was trying to keep it from scrolling, but i might just add a few more rows to the table because i dont think the scrollbar's going to go away.

gah i'm tired. i hate coding.

YDG
post May 15 2010, 11:18 PM
Post #5

Member No: 670,288

I don't know, I really like this. I don't have any critique really. The simplicity of it is great, and I love that in designs. The header/nav is pretty awesome, too!

tokyo-rose
post May 16 2010, 10:00 AM
Post #6

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

Ooh, I like this. :) I was just going to say that the link color could be darker, but you already said you'd fix that.

batman
post May 16 2010, 03:49 PM
Post #7

i had this semi-ridiculous idea of linking the portfolio to tumblr. the main index page shows the tumblr blog (only 1 post per page) and the gallery links to the actual gallery.

i need to wait a few days for the dns to point to tumblr, so look at this for now: http://exklamity.tumblr.com

idk if this is a good idea or not? it'll make it easier to post site updates.

nevermind, that was a fail idea. everything's broken now :( *goes off to fix*

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: