Closed TopicStart new topic
This is strange., ....very annoying as well.
thefourpanedwind...
post May 5 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 646,701

Hey guys... say you join a site... and decide it is not right for you. I reckon you'd like the option of leaving... Yeah I know I would. Seems I can't though because unlike every other site similar to this, with profiles and whatnot, this one does NOT have an option in My Account... to: Delete the account.

That could be a very handy thing.

Edit: Also another complaint... do you guys even have a filter on this site... cus I was looking at the link that shows me the most recent replies and I came among a thread that was on the topic of how big ones penis were...

Kinda... yeah...

libertie
post May 5 2008, 07:42 PM
Post #2

This bag is not a toy.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 583,108

To address the bit about the profanity/language filter -

We do have certain words filtered out, but as far as content goes, we do try to keep things at a PG-13 level. The report feature is infinitely useful when it comes to things like this, because mods may not see everything, and if there's something that offends you it's always great to notify one of us.

As for deleting accounts, the only option right now is to just abandon your account altogether. Jusun, the webmaster, has expressed that in a future release of the site, there will be an option for the member to delete his/her own account.

superstitious
post May 5 2008, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

Dani (libertie) has pretty much already responded with what I would have said.

I'm sorry that you find some material offensive here, but this is a PG13 community. Hopefully you will give this site a bit more time and change your mind.

thefourpanedwind...
post May 5 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #4

Ah I see... Thanks for replying shortly to my complaints.

TiffanyFactorial
post May 6 2008, 01:02 AM
Post #5

We're Over 9,000!!!1!

Group: Human
Member No: 352,435

haha i'm not gonna lie, the other day there was a poll about oral sex and another topic on this girl who said her girlfriend's vag smelled bad.

honestly i haven't been in the forums in a really long time and i always thought CB was kind of a friendly place without all the random forums that are often found in chatrooms and such. i was surprised. there's also a lot of drama going around lately with bashing, but then again, i just recently started reading the forums again. it's pretty intense. better watch your backs out there.

*paperplane*
post May 6 2008, 01:06 AM
Post #6

Why would filters prevent a topic about penises? For that matter, what's the problem? Your profile says you're 16; are you not old enough to handle that? Also, do you have a facebook account? Because it seems awfully silly to complain about deleting this if you do, given that it is nearly impossible to delete your account there, as well as to prevent them from selling your information, even if you'd changed the name in the past 6 months.

Just_Dream
post May 6 2008, 01:12 AM
Post #7

durian

Member No: 3,860

You know, I remember closing a topic about masturbation, back in 2004 or 2005. I got crap for that because there are minors do choose to do that. I understand that you don't want to go to a site that has topics that may seem obscene, but you have to look at the big picture: not everyone is going to think the same way as you, and technically "penis" is the correct term for that particular genitalia. I don't know about you, but I was taught that word back in 6th grade, when all my peers were learning about sexual education.

So, if you are offended in any way by those topics, don't go to the boy's locker or click on any threads that seem like they could lead to that kind of subject. It's not that difficult.

Gigi
post May 6 2008, 02:49 AM
Post #8

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

I don't care if I'm not being friendly.

But I'm sick and tired of people who have only been on cB for a few weeks or months or whatever, and feel like they have the right to criticize about how this place is run, or what sort of things are said on here. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Moderators do a good job of keeping things PG13, but it hardly ever goes past PG13 anyway. Drama happens. Shit happens and you can't stop it. "Oh my God, people are bashing each other and talking about touching their penises! NOOO!" But no one cares what you think.

I think I'm in a bad mood.

thefourpanedwind...
post May 6 2008, 05:51 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(gigiopolis @ May 6 2008, 12:49 AM) *

But I'm sick and tired of people who have only been on cB for a few weeks or months or whatever, and feel like they have the right to criticize about how this place is run, or what sort of things are said on here. If you don't like it, go elsewhere. Moderators do a good job of keeping things PG13, but it hardly ever goes past PG13 anyway. Drama happens. Shit happens and you can't stop it. "Oh my God, people are bashing each other and talking about touching their penises! NOOO!" But no one cares what you think.

You quite obviously are.

LoveToMySilas
post May 6 2008, 05:54 PM
Post #10

That's what she said.

Member No: 130,200

QUOTE(gigiopolis @ May 6 2008, 03:49 AM) *

console.gif

Yeah, thats how we keep all the noobies from deleting their accounts. MUAHAHAHA! But yeah, stick around for a while you may find something you like. _smile.gif At least there's something for you to...relate to?

thefourpanedwind...
post May 6 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #11

Meh not really anything here I can't get if I don't have a membership. So I'll go back to jsut surfing the layouts once and a while.
In anycase goodbye all.
This is one of the worst forums I've seen far as people being bitchy. Yes I can handle whats in here. Never said I couldn't. No I do not havea Facebook cus that site sucks.

Have fun driving members away everyone! biggrin.gif

tokyo-rose
post May 6 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #12

♡♡♡♡♡

Group: Head Staff
Member No: 108,478

I'm sorry your reception didn't go so well. I hope you change your mind and decide to post from time to time. Keep working on your graphics, if anything.

LoveToMySilas
post May 6 2008, 06:00 PM
Post #13

That's what she said.

Member No: 130,200

^ wave.gif Laterdays.

Gigi
post May 6 2008, 10:18 PM
Post #14

in a matter of time

Member No: 191,357

QUOTE(thefourpanedwindow @ May 6 2008, 03:51 PM) *
You quite obviously are.

That was my bi-annual rant on noobs. You seem normal though.

rnicron
post May 6 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #15

Member No: 171,080

QUOTE(paperplane @ May 6 2008, 01:06 AM) *
Why would filters prevent a topic about penises? For that matter, what's the problem? Your profile says you're 16; are you not old enough to handle that? Also, do you have a facebook account? Because it seems awfully silly to complain about deleting this if you do, given that it is nearly impossible to delete your account there, as well as to prevent them from selling your information, even if you'd changed the name in the past 6 months.
ACTUALLY, I found a link that'll delete it ALL!

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: