Reply to this topicStart new topic
State-Wide Writing Test, I keep failing, and its required.
ilikeyerrpants
post Sep 22 2008, 06:21 AM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 660,452

Is there anyone in GA, or anyone period, who has to take a state-wide writing test? I've took it twice and failed both times. I have two more times to try, and after that if I don't pass them, I can't graduate.

I'm a senior now, and without passing this writing test, I will have worked too hard for nothing.

I almost pass every time. The highest possible score to pass is like 200, and I always make around 197.

Is there any tips anyone can give me?

whoahitznikki
post Sep 23 2008, 12:40 AM
Post #2

Member No: 559,093

well in california, we take the CAHSEE in sophomore year and most people have no trouble passing it? idk how state tests are in other states but the CAHSEE is ridiculously easy. if you gave that test to middle school students i think they could pass it too...

have you taken any on campus classes/workshops?

*paperplane*
post Sep 23 2008, 12:53 AM
Post #3

You have got to be kidding. Are you referring to the high school graduation writing test in Georgia? Easiest thing ever. I scored in the 97th percentile. How hard could you possible have been working to be unable to pass that test? The gateway was somewhat more difficult, but I think they did away with those, and they may have only been in Gwinnett anyway. Seriously, if you can write in complete sentences and form any sort of opinion on the topic, you should be able to pass.

paolabear20
post Sep 23 2008, 01:24 AM
Post #4

[pandemonium] :3

Group: Human
Member No: 671,107

QUOTE(whoahitznikki @ Sep 22 2008, 10:40 PM) *
well in california, we take the CAHSEE in sophomore year and most people have no trouble passing it? idk how state tests are in other states but the CAHSEE is ridiculously easy. if you gave that test to middle school students i think they could pass it too...

have you taken any on campus classes/workshops?

Seriously, that cahsee is so easy, but there's kids at my school who couldn't even pass it.

ilikeyerrpants
post Sep 23 2008, 06:11 AM
Post #5

No, I haven't. However, I have tried to get into Writers Workshop countless times. Every year, since my freshman year, I have asked for it. My school is more worried about our sports' teams than helping their students graduate, and get into a good college.

QUOTE(paperplane @ Sep 23 2008, 01:53 AM) *
You have got to be kidding. Are you referring to the high school graduation writing test in Georgia? Easiest thing ever. I scored in the 97th percentile. How hard could you possible have been working to be unable to pass that test? The gateway was somewhat more difficult, but I think they did away with those, and they may have only been in Gwinnett anyway. Seriously, if you can write in complete sentences and form any sort of opinion on the topic, you should be able to pass.

Its not very easy to my school, half of us failed. Twice. Including me. For the most part because our teachers and staff care more about sports than seeing us pass and graduate.

*paperplane*
post Sep 23 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #6

Jesus, where do you go? God knows my high school cared mostly about sports too, but I don't think our pass rate was that low. Granted I was in higher level classes and somewhat oblivious to the rest of the school...but seriously, there's no reason not to pass that unless they're quadrupled the difficulty over the past 3 years, which I highly doubt they have.

only-tuesdays
post Sep 23 2008, 03:28 PM
Post #7

Lets Get Dead

Member No: 641,562

Isn't it pretty true most of the south cares more about their football?

Do they give you a breakdown of what areas you're scored on and what scores you got in those areas?

*paperplane*
post Sep 23 2008, 03:43 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(only-tuesdays @ Sep 23 2008, 04:28 PM) *
Isn't it pretty true most of the south cares more about their football?

More or less.

ilikeyerrpants
post Sep 23 2008, 04:55 PM
Post #9

I go to Callaway High School in LaGrange & I hate it! D:

Tomates
post Sep 23 2008, 04:58 PM
Post #10

poison

Group: Official Member
Member No: 629,020

Oh my god your score was so close. Thats stupid though that you cant graduate because you didnt pass your test.

ilikeyerrpants
post Sep 23 2008, 05:13 PM
Post #11

I know, they could've let me slide. stubborn.gif lol.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: