Closed TopicStart new topic
I Don't Understand!?!?!?!, wireless usb adapter
Mikeplyts
post Jun 23 2009, 10:47 AM
Post #1

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

Ok, so I hooked up a new computer like a week ago and on my current computer, we installed a modem-router thing. It's like a modem since this computer is hooked up to it manually with an ethernet cable and all but then my other computer has to connect wirelessly. However, my other computer doesn't have a wireless card so I would have to use a USB adapter to connect wirelessly to the modem-router thing. I burned the Setup.exe file on a blank CD to install the USB adapter on the other computer. It installed just fine and it was working flawlessly. It was connected to the modem-router thing at 98% or whatever and we even have it secured so only we could use it. But then this problem comes up, all of a sudden, the access point can't be detected on my other computer. It doesn't even display the network name or anything in the smart wizard for the USB adapter nor does it display anything of the network stuff on the "Connect to" crap. Now, I can't seem to figure anything out and I checked the connection on this computer and it's just fine and connected to the network. I know the USB adapter is working because it can also detect other networks but I want to connect to our network in my own house and it's like just 10 feet away but it doesn't even display one single bit of the access point or connection or anything. If any could help me, that would be awesome. Please and thanks.

Mikeplyts
post Jun 23 2009, 12:46 PM
Post #2

Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 676,291

NVVVVMMMM!!!!!!! I GOT IT FIXED!! Please close this topic. _smile.gif

superstitious
post Jun 23 2009, 12:47 PM
Post #3

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

Exxxxxcellent.

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: