E-Book Readers, Can they really replace the real thing?
superstitious
post Aug 7 2009, 08:12 PM
Post #1

Tick tock, Bill

Group: Administrator
Member No: 333,948

A friend of mine and I were talking this morning about Sony's E-Reader and Amazon's Kindle. I was surprised that he wanted one. His loft style apartment is full of bookshelves, most of them completely full of books. He LOVES books. How could he want a reader?

See, I love reading but for me, it goes beyond the text. I love the smell of books. I like the sound of pages turning. I find the dog-ear folds charming.

I don't know why I'm having such a weird time with this.

Any other paper sentimentalists out there?

Start new topic
Replies
shadowfax
post Apr 13 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #2

Padfoot

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 50,413

I don't mind either mode actually. I prefer buying or borrowing books if I can get a copy and if they're cheap. I like reading books when taking public transit so I don't have to play eye-tag with the person sitting across from me. After I found out about the Stanza app, I read books on my iPod Touch. There were so many classics that I had missed out on so I downloaded them free e-book websites and Project Gutenberg. I read a couple of Jane Austen novels on them (and boy, are they long) and really enjoyed it. You can change the colors and font size to make it easier to read. I find that I get through the book faster than if I'm reading it on the computer or in my hand.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: