Reply to this topicStart new topic
Common - The Corners (produced by Kanye West), video
WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #1

Lyrical Genius: Watch 4 AND!!!

Group: Member
Member No: 22,616

this song is brilliant IMO... Common ripped this track and Kanye provided 'em with a gem of a beat... check out the video!!! THIS IS REAL HIP HOP!!! not that 50 Cent bullshit... SUPPORT GOOD MUSIC PLEASE?!?!?! Go cop the Common album that's comin' out in the upcoming months....

Click here to watch video!
http://boss.streamos.com/wmedia/geffen/com...3C727D58BC9E5AD

xquizit
post Mar 15 2005, 10:06 AM
Post #2

wanderlust personified.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 797

Hey dude, I've been sweating this song for days now. One of the best tracks by Common IMO. When does the album drop?

// EDIT

I've been trying to DL this song from limewire and every song I get is corrupted. Can you send me the mp3?

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 11:15 AM
Post #3

haha... i've had this for 3 1/2 weeks now... I got it when the song first leaked... shit's FIRE!!!

but definitely not Common's best song... check out Sixth Sense or I Used to Love Her to The Light or Thelonius or more.... du's a LEGEND!

one of the greatest of all-time... I like Mos and Kweli more but Common's better than Mos... no doubt... I think 'round the same level as Kweli but he's more of a legend cuz he's done more for the game

and Basick, Common's better than Nas... LMFAO... he is, seriously

xquizit
post Mar 15 2005, 02:26 PM
Post #4

wanderlust personified.

QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Mar 15 2005, 11:15 AM)
one of the greatest of all-time... I like Mos and Kweli more but Common's better than Mos... no doubt... I think 'round the same level as Kweli but he's more of a legend cuz he's done more for the game

Nahhh... I like Mos' flow and vocals better than Common. He's more dynamic. But I do think Common is a better lyricist.

But still... Mos > Common.

f**k it. Mos > AND. Mos > All. tongue.gif

*nightmare4taki*
post Mar 15 2005, 02:32 PM
Post #5

I like that flow mos def did on the chapelle show.
That mad me fall to the floor.

xquizit
post Mar 15 2005, 02:36 PM
Post #6

wanderlust personified.

QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Mar 15 2005, 2:32 PM)

What's Beef?

*Programmer*
post Mar 15 2005, 02:43 PM
Post #7

....songs ok overall ....i like the lyrics...it explains my everyday life in washington dc.... beats ok....

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 02:45 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(xquizit @ Mar 15 2005, 2:26 PM)
Nahhh... I like Mos' flow and vocals better than Common. He's more dynamic. But I do think Common is a better lyricist.

But still... Mos > Common.

f**k it. Mos > AND. Mos > All.  tongue.gif

LMFAO... you think so? lol... I love Mos but I would shit on du' so bad it would be ridiculous... especially in a track battle? c'mon now

don't get me started... lol... don't make me go into the game and embarrass just to make you feel dumb... well, I am gon' get in the game but I wanna be cool wit Mos but we'll see... anyway, Mos ain't > All... that's ridiculous

Common is doper than him too... Mos is more dynamic but bein' versatile and bein' able to sing and harmonize doesn't make you a better MC/RAPPER than another one... that makes you a better entertainer/singer but Common is the better of the two MC's...

he has WAYYYYYYYYY more classic material out than Mos does... Mos does have his fair share too though

*nightmare4taki*
post Mar 15 2005, 02:59 PM
Post #9

THe best lyricist
1.2pac
2.Big Pun
3.Notrious B.I.G.

Best flow
1.Notorious B.I.G.
2.2pac
3.Ludacris

xquizit Posted Mar 15 2005, 1:36 PM
  QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Mar 15 2005, 2:32 PM)

What's Beef?

Is that the name of the song? Becuase I cant remember.

MasterNe0
post Mar 15 2005, 03:41 PM
Post #10

Ne0 Is The One

Member No: 24,349

It not bad at all after listening to it.

jordanriane
post Mar 15 2005, 03:44 PM
Post #11

when we speak, we breathe

Member No: 91,760

I loooove common.

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 05:13 PM
Post #12

Mos Def also did "Close Edge" on season one episode 3... it was a "freestyle" in a car that just happened to be "Close Edge" from The New Danger.. and he did Whats Beef with Talib Kweli...

and Talib Kweli did Get By on the show... and Kanye West and Common did "Food" too,.. that was dope

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 05:15 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Mar 15 2005, 8:15 AM)
haha...  i've had this for 3 1/2 weeks now... I got it when the song first leaked... shit's FIRE!!!

but definitely not Common's best song...  check out Sixth Sense or I Used to Love Her to The Light or Thelonius or more....  du's a LEGEND!

and Basick, Common's better than Nas... LMFAO... he is, seriously

bullish.... Nas >>>>>>>>>>>> ANY EMCEE... seriously...

lol... common > kweli > mos def... common keeps it dope on every song even concept songs like this... i got every common album bought except for that electric garbage...

and speaking of SLEPT-ON artists, here are my top 5

1) Joe Budden
Dude drops hot shit on every track he does, and still only barely managed to go Gold on his self titled debut album. Hopefully he sells more on his second album. People labeled him as a club rapper after "Pump it Up" but dude has great lyricism and punchlines. Although he murked Game while they were beefing ("100 red dots on you so you can die a blood for real"), nobody noticed.

2) Nas
Nas just went Gold with his album Street's Disciple, and although the man has a career just about any emcee would dream about having, barely anybody appreciates the man's work.

3) Talib Kweli
This guy gets alot of promotion, a single that got airplay, ads from Ecko, and still only sells half as many CDs as Mos Def while getting his CD released a week earlier than Mos Def's. This shit perplexes me.

4) Kanye West
I don't care if this guy wins 10 grammys, but when you got 4 videos out, you should sell more than 2.5 million albums.

i love this song though, kanye laid a DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE BEAT... and the lost poets ior whatever did some good spoken word

& kanye is great producer... ordinary people, all falls down, jesus walks, through the wire, corners, and this way were all great videos

and you sound like Nas @ his free concert lol... "THIS IS THAT REAL SHIT... NOT THAT 50 CENT BULLSHIT..... NOT THOSE DIPSET DICKHEADS..."

xquizit
post Mar 15 2005, 06:25 PM
Post #14

wanderlust personified.

Haha... Kanye is FAR from slept on.

And you can add Mos to your list. throb.gif and Royce.

Oh and Mos > ALL... still.

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 06:37 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(basick @ Mar 15 2005, 5:13 PM)
Mos Def also did "Close Edge" on season one episode 3... it was a "freestyle" in a car that just happened to be "Close Edge" from The New Danger.. and he did Whats Beef with Talib Kweli...
and Talib Kweli did Get By on the show... and Kanye West and Common did "Food" too,.. that was dope

Kweli also did Around My Way on Dave Chapelle

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 06:46 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(basick @ Mar 15 2005, 5:15 PM)
bullish.... Nas >>>>>>>>>>>> ANY EMCEE... seriously...

lol... common > kweli > mos def... common keeps it dope on every song even concept songs like this... i got every common album bought except for that electric garbage...

a lotta people liked Electric Circus because it was different... he was tryn' redefine himself but a lotta people hated and a lotta people liked... but Common said he's gonna go back to the Resurrection days on this album... I disagree with your order though... Kweli, Common (almost tied) and then Mos

and once again, NAS IS NOT THE GOAT OR EVEN CLOSE TO IT

and speaking of SLEPT-ON artists, here are my top 5

1) Joe Budden
Dude drops hot shit on every track he does, and still only barely managed to go Gold on his self titled debut album. Hopefully he sells more on his second album. People labeled him as a club rapper after "Pump it Up" but dude has great lyricism and punchlines. Although he murked Game while they were beefing ("100 red dots on you so you can die a blood for real"), nobody noticed.

Nah, that wasn't his best line in the battle... that was ehh... his best line was the hotel line cuz it worked so perfectly... and I'm slowly beginning to like Budden more but he's not the best... that's definitely buggin'

2) Nas
Nas just went Gold with his album Street's Disciple, and although the man has a career just about any emcee would dream about having, barely anybody appreciates the man's work.

nope... not close to 2... you're SERIOUSLY buggin' by this... Common, Crooked I, Copywrite, Em, Kweli, Mos Def, Hov, Pharoahe Monch, Big L, Big Pun, and dozens of others are better than this guy......

3) Talib Kweli
This guy gets alot of promotion, a single that got airplay, ads from Ecko, and still only sells half as many CDs as Mos Def while getting his CD released a week earlier than Mos Def's. This shit perplexes me.

Mos Def has the best promotion possible... Movies with some of the biggest actors in the world... that's why he's so big because non-hip hoppers appreciate this du'... the whole entire actors guild has respect for this du' cuz he's an AMAZING actor... Kweli's my favorite MC right now but he's not three... I'll put a LOT of guys ahead of 'em too....

4) Kanye West
I don't care if this guy wins 10 grammys, but when you got 4 videos out, you should sell more than 2.5 million albums.

i love this song though, kanye laid a DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE DOPE BEAT... and the lost poets ior whatever did some good spoken word

now I think I understand... this is supposed to be the most underrated MC's... lol... well, regardless, Kanye's dope overall but mostly cuz his beats... his rhymes are a 'lil above average but his humor keeps me entertained... he's lyrical AT TIMES (rarely) but iss all good

& kanye is great producer... ordinary people, all falls down, jesus walks, through the wire, corners, and this way were all great videos
and you sound like Nas @ his free concert lol... "THIS IS THAT REAL SHIT... NOT THAT 50 CENT BULLSHIT..... NOT THOSE DIPSET DICKHEADS..."

Oh yeah, DON'T EVER COMPARE ME TO NAS... LMFAO... so overrated... WATCH FOR AND EVERYONE!!! LMFAO

and JR Writer would shit on Nas in a battle... but once again, I can't say JR's better than Nas at the moment but he would beat 'em in a battle without a doubt....

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 06:49 PM
Post #17

SLEPT ON EMCEES... NOT UNDERRATED... OR TALENTED... OR EVEN GREATEST... EMCEES WHO ARE SLEPT ON... and i didnt even try to list them, i was just thinking who came in my mind first... joe budden's first album didnt deserve to flop... if it was my most talented emcees who deserve shine, then the list would be a whole bunch a names that most of these members neve heard of... & i hated electric garbage but i liked the new danger... weird huh

and... like i said myself..

remixed tape: do we gotta go through this every time????
remixed tape: lmao

remixed tape: hater

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 06:59 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(basick @ Mar 15 2005, 6:49 PM)
SLEPT ON EMCEES... NOT UNDERRATED... OR TALENTED... OR EVEN GREATEST... EMCEES WHO ARE SLEPT ON... and i didnt even try to list them, i was just thinking who came in my mind first... joe budden's first album didnt deserve to flop... if it was my most talented emcees who deserve shine, then the list would be a whole bunch a names that most of these members neve heard of... & i hated electric garbage but i liked the new danger... weird huh

and... like i said myself..

remixed tape: do we gotta go through this every time????
remixed tape: lmao

remixed tape: hater

and like I said:

PENtheINSTRUMENT: Nas is not the GOAT
PENtheINSTRUMENT: not even close
PENtheINSTRUMENT: no, I'm not a hater
PENtheINSTRUMENT: I respect anyone who's NICE
PENtheINSTRUMENT: I'm just not on anyone's d**k as hard as you are on your husbands... lmfao....
PENtheINSTRUMENT: Kweli's my favorite MC right now and I ain't callin' 'em GOAT
PENtheINSTRUMENT: he's not even top 5 IMO

and who's your top 5 anyway? and underrated-wise, Pharoahe Monch should be 1... he's the fourth greatest MC of all-time IMO and he's not even known....

my top 5:
1) Em when he's spittin' f'real
2) Crooked I - I know he don't have enough material but you can judge 'em just based on his lyricism, flow, delivery, hooks, and straight up spittin' ability
3) Copywrite - same with him
4) Pharoahe Monch
5) maybe Big Pun or Big L

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 07:08 PM
Post #19

damn tough question... havent really though of it

1. Y'all already know
2. sage francis
3. eminem
4. copywrite
5. louis logic
6. black thought
7. mr sos
8. ras kass
9. crooked i
10. royce 5'9

you can pretty much scramble 2-8 up and itll still be a dope list... copywrite wouldn't normally be on my list but Size 12s and June proved he could do shit other than punchlines... louis logic is dope lyricist, and if you didnt like any of his concepts, you should listen to any of his other albums... especially download the song "punchline" and "punchline (remix)... dope

yeah pharoahe monch and 5'9 should be some of the most slept on... they drop nice shit every time

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 07:14 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(PENtheINSTRUMENT @ Mar 15 2005, 3:37 PM)
Kweli also did Around My Way on Dave Chapelle

he did? when was this? if you have the video, please hook it up

QUOTE(xquizit @ Mar 15 2005, 3:25 PM)
Haha... Kanye is FAR from slept on.
And you can add Mos to your list. throb.gif and Royce.
Oh and Mos > ALL... still.

eh... lets see

50 Cent - 2 Mill// 2 Weeks
Outkast - 10 Mill
Usher - 9 Mill

Kanye - 2.5 Mill// 1 year 2 months

COME ON.. you know im not stupid !!!!!! KAnye dropped one of the dopest albums ever and he only sold 2.5 mill.... usher sold 10 million on a wack alnum... 50 cent sold as much as kanye in 2 weeks...

WTFwasIthinking
post Mar 15 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(basick @ Mar 15 2005, 7:14 PM)
he did? when was this? if you have the video, please hook it up
eh... lets see

50 Cent - 2 Mill// 2 Weeks
Outkast - 10 Mill
Usher - 9 Mill

Kanye - 2.5 Mill// 1 year 2 months

COME ON.. you know im not stupid !!!!!! KAnye dropped one of the dopest albums ever and he only sold 2.5 mill.... usher sold 10 million on a wack alnum... 50 cent sold as much as kanye in 2 weeks...

nope, no video... I just saw it on TV...

and forget album sales based on how slept on your are because he does get EXTREME recognition... the way I say he's slept on is because people have such a hard time givin' 'em his props as an MC and he shitted on Mos, Hov, Kweli, and Busta Rhymes in the Get By Remix and shitted on Hov on Never Let You Down and kept up with Mos on 2 Words (Mos was still better on that song) and kept up with Jada on their track.... Kanye's type good as an MC but people hate on 'em hard

my top 10:
1) Em
2) Crooked I
3) Copywrite
4) Pharoahe Monch
5) Big Pun or Big L
6) Big Pun or Big L
7) Royce da 5'9
8) Kweli or Common
9) Kweli or Common
10) Hov

notable mentions:
Rakim, Kool G Rap, and MC Juice

and speakin' of underrated... Kool G Rap is the second most underrated rapper of all-time... it's Pharoahe and then Kool G Rap

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #22

SMH @ this dude Hov at #10...

*nightmare4taki*
post Mar 15 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #23

Thx pentheInstrument for telling me that Mos Def freestyle. I think i might download it.

No one has pac in their top ten. Unbelievable.

1.Pac
2.Pun
3.Big
4.Em
5.Jay
6.Nas
7.Ludacris
8.Joe Budden <----------------he ripped game in the game over
9.Twista
10.Mos Def
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
50. 50 cent<----------- i love his hooks. I love the before the deal 50, he was in his prime. But now his lyrics are no better than mine.

*basick*
post Mar 15 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #24

PLEEAAAASSSSSEEEEEEEE/////

PAC is the most overrated rapper ever.... biggie is second... and twista in your top 10?? please

*nightmare4taki*
post Mar 15 2005, 08:00 PM
Post #25

Pac isn't overrated , just over hated.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: