Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Abortion., give me thoughts.
GothpunkGClover
post Jun 7 2004, 05:46 PM
Post #1

website designer

Group: Member
Member No: 1,237

Is abortion right?

*Kathleen*
post Jun 7 2004, 05:50 PM
Post #2

It depends on how you're brought up. Everyone's different. Obviously, if you've grown up in a family full of women who get abortions left and right, you're going to think it's normal. On the other hand, if you see it as downright murder, you're going to think it's appalling to society.

*krnxswat*
post Jun 7 2004, 05:59 PM
Post #3

Please refer to this thread.

*Kathleen*
post Jun 7 2004, 06:06 PM
Post #4

Actually, I think this should stay open because it's a differnt aspect of abortion. What I got from reading this is questionning its morality, whereas the other thread questions whether it should be outlawed or not...if it isn't then, sorry, and I'll close it again. pinch.gif

*krnxswat*
post Jun 7 2004, 06:07 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(Kathleen @ Jun 7 2004, 7:06 PM)
Actually, I think this should stay open because it's a differnt aspect of abortion. What I got from reading this is questionning its morality, whereas the other thread questions whether it should be outlawed or not...if it isn't then, sorry, and I'll close it again. pinch.gif

Hm, but the other thread also asks about what we think of abortion, so wouldn't it be considered the same thing? I don't know. biggrin.gif

*Kathleen*
post Jun 7 2004, 06:10 PM
Post #6

Hmm...I wish the person who started this thread would clarify. whistling.gif

*krnxswat*
post Jun 7 2004, 06:11 PM
Post #7

Yeah; where are you GothpunkGClover!? mad.gif

tongue.gif

ComradeRed
post Jun 7 2004, 06:16 PM
Post #8

Dark Lord of McCandless

Member No: 16,761

Classify abortion as a sufficient reason in accordance with Leibniz's Philosophical Optimism and moral discourse.

xtremeliquid
post Jun 7 2004, 06:24 PM
Post #9

Member No: 10,691

I don't think it is right for many reasons.

juliar
post Jun 7 2004, 06:26 PM
Post #10

3,565, you n00bs ain't got nothin' on me.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 3,565

QUOTE(xtremeliquid @ Jun 7 2004, 7:24 PM)
I don't think it is right for many reasons.

State them?
Heh...this one isnt as open and it was created after the topic on abortion below was...

GothpunkGClover
post Jun 8 2004, 12:20 AM
Post #11

website designer

Member No: 1,237

lol sorry sorry, Yeah it is different. I am a unique guy. I usually post up unique things. shifty.gif

tinababy143
post Jun 8 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #12

Serious As A Heart Attack.

Member No: 11,344

i dont think its right because why should someone who hasnt been able to live life yet die?? yeah i understand that there are certain situations where ppl think its a MUST..for instance maybe the girl is too young or maybe she got raped and doesnt want the baby..but why cant she put it up for adoption so a familee who wants a child who can no longer have children can have one ((sorrie if that was confusing)) i was a baby who was supposed to be aborted..but luckily my birth mother changed her mind last minute..i was then adopted by a familee who i love so very much and i wouldnt ask for any other..its possible that i wouldnt be herre this very day because of abortion..its not right and it never will be..

Retrogressive
post Jun 8 2004, 12:38 PM
Post #13

Don't wake ghostie.

Member No: 2,405

its murder, just like murder someone older. it's murder. you make the choice to have sex.

angel-roh
post Jun 8 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #14

i'm susan

Member No: 5,029

WELL HAVING AN AB0RTI0N IS LIKE KILLING UR 0WN CHILD... AND THAT`Z N0T G00D. I W0ULD PREFER THEM T0 JUS PUT THEM IN A F0STER H0USE F0R A BETTER PLACE. MAN KILLING A BABY IS SUCHA N0T A G00D THING. I REALLIE HATE WHEN TEENAGERS D0 AN AB0RTI0N. CUS THEY D0NT LIKE WHEN THEY G0T RAPED BY A STRANGER S0 THEY KILL A BABY BY D0ING AN AB0RTI0N? S0 I THINK THAT SH0ULD BE ILLEGAL!!! I MEAN I BET ALL BABIES WANTED T0 HAVE A LIFE LIKE US AND N0T DIE S0 FAST... I MEAN D0NT U FEEL S0RRY F0R THE BABY? G0SH IF U GUYS D0NT, THAT`Z JUS SAD... MEANS THAT U HAVE N0 FEELINGS L0LS IM JK NEWAIS S0 YEAH I THINK IT SH0ULD BE ILLEGAL. REAAALLIIEE ILLEGAL!!
ermm.gif

iheartsimba
post Jun 8 2004, 12:44 PM
Post #15

kristin

Member No: 3,985

depends on the circumstances.

honestly i don't think its right either way.

if you could stand the pain getting pregnant, i don't think there is any reason why you shouldn't have the baby. in my opinion its like murder. i think adoption is okay, but i just find abortion very wrong.

now if you were a 11 year old who got raped and pregnant or something i could see hwere it was coming from.

but i just don't think abortion would be..right. its murder

NvieDi3ai3yGrL
post Jun 8 2004, 12:59 PM
Post #16

he`z gOt my heart*<3`o2.18.o1`

Member No: 6,338

i don't think it's wrong. before it even becomes a new life and one feels they aren't ready for the huge financial burden and responsibility of a possible new child they should be wise enough not to have it. it isn't fair for a child to be brought into the world if you can't give him/her the best possible chance at a good life. it's selfish to keep a child you're not ready for so that they may suffer. abortion is fair if you're not ready for a baby. i don't agree with the people that don't think of the consequences of having unprotected sex though. they run the risk of not only getting pregnant when they know they aren't ready but also a lot of std's. if you're going to have an abortion let it be for a plausible reason. not because you were not being careful but because it was an accident or you weren't ready for it.

tinababy143
post Jun 8 2004, 02:31 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(loseronaisle5 @ Jun 8 2004, 10:38 AM)
you make the choice to have sex.

not true..there are many circumstances where girls get raped and thats not their choice and apparently they couldnt prevent it..i still think abortion is wrong..but a lot of ppl dont choose to have sex. They could be raped by a complete stranger or somebody in their familee as well..

*Kathleen*
post Jun 8 2004, 04:47 PM
Post #18

i don't think it's wrong. before it even becomes a new life and one feels they aren't ready for the huge financial burden and responsibility of a possible new child they should be wise enough not to have it. it isn't fair for a child to be brought into the world if you can't give him/her the best possible chance at a good life. it's selfish to keep a child you're not ready for so that they may suffer. abortion is fair if you're not ready for a baby.

How would you determine that, though? Furthermore, there is always adoption. From what the media makes it to be, it seems horrible, but look at how many adopted people turned out great. Just look to Hollywood, and you'll see so many that came from adoption agencies and whatnot. I mean, if anything, they'd be better off in an orphanage if you think about it. They need to learn how to survive on their own long before many of us. They're better prepared for when they turn eighteen opposed to many of us.

LiNHy POO
post Jun 8 2004, 10:41 PM
Post #19

WUT THA DUCK?

Member No: 14,138

i think its wrong... you're killing sumthing becuz of your mistakes.. the baby shouldnt suffer cuz of wut you did..

Spirited Away
post Jun 8 2004, 10:44 PM
Post #20

Quand j'étais jeune...

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,272

Morally speaking, abortion is wrong. But when you take into consideration of other contexts such as rape or sickness, abortion sometimes is the only way out.

tinababy143
post Jun 9 2004, 06:44 AM
Post #21

QUOTE(uninspiredfae @ Jun 8 2004, 8:44 PM)
Morally speaking, abortion is wrong. But when you take into consideration of other contexts such as rape or sickness, abortion sometimes is the only way out.

if the girl gets raped and she doesnt want the baby she could easily put the child up for adoption..abortion is never the "only way out"..there is ALWAYS an alternative..

Spirited Away
post Jun 9 2004, 09:39 AM
Post #22

Quand j'étais jeune...

QUOTE(TiNaBaBY074 @ Jun 9 2004, 6:44 AM)
if the girl gets raped and she doesnt want the baby she could easily put the child up for adoption..abortion is never the "only way out"..there is ALWAYS an alternative..

There's not always an alternative, but there's ALWAYS an exception.

Say, the woman was happily married with two children (girls). And one day an evil man busted into her home, slaughering her huband, raped her two girls and the proceeded to chop them up while making her watch. The bastard then rapes her and flee as he heard incoming sirens.

Now she's pregnant with his kid.

Say that woman's you.

Are you telling me that you'll keep the child inside you for 9 or so months?

If you are, more power to you, because remember that I, too, believe that abortion is immoral. However, step in the woman's shoes for a moment and live in her mentality. Do you think she would be able to keep the child? Even if it's innocent?

Now to make it a little more complicated, she also contracted AIDS from the man, and that means that the growing fetus is also infected.

It's SOOO easy for everyone of us here to say "oh, it's wrong no matter what", but you're not the one having to make this hard decision. The woman knows that it's wrong, too, but she can't deal with it. Can you blame her?

princess2113
post Jun 9 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #23

Member No: 11,377

QUOTE(uninspiredfae @ Jun 9 2004, 9:39 AM)
There's not always an alternative, but there's ALWAYS an exception.

Say, the woman was happily married with two children (girls). And one day an evil man busted into her home, slaughering her huband, raped her two girls and the proceeded to chop them up while making her watch. The bastard then rapes her and flee as he heard incoming sirens.

Now she's pregnant with his kid.

Say that woman's you.

Are you telling me that you'll keep the child inside you for 9 or so months?

If you are, more power to you, because remember that I, too, believe that abortion is immoral. However, step in the woman's shoes for a moment and live in her mentality. Do you think she would be able to keep the child? Even if it's innocent?

Now to make it a little more complicated, she also contracted AIDS from the man, and that means that the growing fetus is also infected.

It's SOOO easy for everyone of us here to say "oh, it's wrong no matter what", but you're not the one having to make this hard decision. The woman knows that it's wrong, too, but she can't deal with it. Can you blame her?

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sick story

c if u get raped thou ur supposed to go immediatly to get cleaned out, n when they clean u out...hopefully, if ur egg was fertalized its out now...so u dunno that u wuld have been pregnant and its 2 save ur life b/c who knows what the raper has

Spirited Away
post Jun 9 2004, 11:19 AM
Post #24

Quand j'étais jeune...

QUOTE(princess2113 @ Jun 9 2004, 11:15 AM)
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww sick story

c if u get raped thou ur supposed to go immediatly to get cleaned out, n when they clean u out...hopefully, if ur egg was fertalized its out now...so u dunno that u wuld have been pregnant and its 2 save ur life b/c who knows what the raper has

Say then, that he was so sadistic that he raped her several times (and it's several days now). It's too late to get any sort of day-after pill/'cleaned out".

Anyway, what if you have aids and this child will have aids for sure?

There's no way to tell what the woman will do, but I, sure as hell, am not going to point fingers at her saying "YOU MURDERER!". None of us has a right to choose for other people, no matter how irresponsible they may seem.

*Kathleen*
post Jun 9 2004, 11:25 AM
Post #25

It's too late to get any sort of day-after pill/'cleaned out".

Why didn't she go to the police? She can stop that if she does.

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: