Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
cb designers future plans, discussion
JonHMChan
post Aug 10 2009, 05:30 PM
Post #26

ICE CREAM ♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 699,617

Oh boy. This is going to be interesting.

1996: I started using a computer on my own when I was six years old, so that's really when I started learning about how the internet worked (back in the days of AOL and dial-up tones). At that time, I was already in a fine arts school for about a year and getting some designer in me going. I'd eventually be going to the same place for about thirteen years. From 1996 to about 2002 I learned really basic HTML, but I had some experience doing more complex programming from a map editing software that came with a computer game that I was playing since I was about seven. It was something I did for about ten years.

2000: I started my first Xanga when I was ten, and by then I was fluent in HTML. I also started doing things with Photoshop and Flash.

2001: Joined cB as "xxyoumebednowxx" and was the most obnoxious little brat. I obviously changed my screen name.

2008: Made my first site for someone else using Flash. I now have three projects under my belt as a freelance designer.

Now and later: I recently incorporated and started a small design firm that specializes in Flash based content and develops small-business IT web-based applications in PHP/MySQL (I'm starting to hire if anyone's interested). So I now know HTML, PHP, MySQL, CSS, and ActionScript, and I also know how to handle Photoshop and Flash pretty well. Right now I'm trying to getting very advanced with my Flash stuff, and I'm going through some rapid expanding with the firm. I'm looking to hire some designers soon, so I don't need to be single-handedly coding all of this stuff.

JupiterShow
post Aug 17 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #27

Group: Member
Member No: 742,349

Like lots of people I got into design through Neopets. I just wanted to be able to make my user profile pretty. After a while I grew bored of NeoPets so deleted my account but I thought it was a waste not using the (for want of a better word) skills I learnt somewhere else. I made rubbish website after rubbish website, my early ones were seriously awful. I remember my first layout had no CSS because I didn't know how it worked. I started taking it seriously about a year and a half ago when I started reading design blogs. When it became time to apply for college I had no idea what job I wanted so I decided to take Web Media since it was the only thing I was remotely interested in. As luck would have it in the past year I've become more and more interested in graphic design and would like to take a B.A Honours next year. What I'd really like to learn more about is Flash and typography.

Firiath
post Aug 18 2009, 10:13 PM
Post #28

Onen i-Estel Edain, ú-chebin estel anim.

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 653,128

Well. I started out when I was 7 doing Neopets and Xanga sites.
I actually found this site a long time ago xD
Then I stopped doing it for a while until I got into it again when I was about 9-10 years old.
That was when I kept doing Xanga layouts and started on MySpace ones.

A few years ago I learnt how to make DIV layouts so I started doing those (since I realized they're easier to get accepted rather than making a standard layout xP).

Now I'm into CB layouts and crap :]

I plan to pursue Graphic Design or at least Advertising/Communications in Uni
But hell, my mom wants me to be a lawyer cause I'm the top in most of my classes and I could be moved up a few years if the school allowed it.
These are the stuff I wanna do in order
1) Graphic Design
2) Criminology
3) Psychology
4) Law
tongue.gif

creole
post Aug 19 2009, 03:05 PM
Post #29

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 676,364

i'm gonna get married to ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^,
and start designing stuff for our honeymoon

ForgiveTheSinner
post Aug 20 2009, 09:13 PM
Post #30

Group: Member
Member No: 488,341

Started late 2005 'cause of xanga and myspace even though I've never made myself a layout for those two sites.

Right when I started I made a site on freewebs and then moved to zymic then to the host I'm with now. I progressed A LOT. It makes me cringe when I see very old icons and layouts I made lol. My dad found out about my website and my graphic designing so he started giving me books about php and javascript and html since he works with computer, but I never read them. I did consider majoring in graphic designing but then didn't go through with it since it's really hard to earn a lot unless you work for a huge company which I doubt I would. Plus, it's more of a hobby and interest than a "future job" for me.

Even now I've stopped designing, it's been a while since I made something for someone.

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: