text book prices...why?
brooklyneast05
post Jan 23 2009, 11:58 AM
Post #1

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

i don't get why text books are so expensive. i just bought this art history book that is 116 dollars, but i don't understand WHY it costs so much. it's a decent sized book, but it's not huge. what i don't get is...say you go into a regular book store like barnes and noble and you buy a book with art history in it, why isn't it as expensive?

when you go into a book store, rarely do i see any books costing 116 dollars. so what makes text books of equal size cost more?

don't tell me how i can go buy them cheaper balbalbaabl, i'm not asking about buying them cheaper. i'm asking what makes text books like this cost so much more than just a regular book that's similar in size and stuff?

Start new topic
Replies
Tsukuyomi-No-Mok...
post Jan 23 2009, 02:39 PM
Post #2

Group: Member
Member No: 709,923

I dunno i think these schools are theives man. real talk cause i found out that my tuition only covers about 80% of my education.
tuition is 50,000
there's about 3-4,000 students at my school
for international students that's a huge amount to pay and they are comin from all over the world students from 50 different countries are here.
now on top of that the other 20% is coming from donations....

doesn't add up
all that money and they can't cover text books.
then u try and sell em back and u get ripped off for them cause thye could be in perfect condition and u could end up gettin ne where from 3-9 dollars for a book

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: