Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
are people born gay?
islandkiss
post Oct 20 2005, 05:11 PM
Post #51

Kermit the frog = <3

Group: Member
Member No: 15,215

QUOTE(one_and_only @ Oct 19 2005, 11:57 PM)
^okayy.. huh.gif
people arent born gay...

care to explain?

what I really want to know is if people aren't born gay, why would they choose to be apart of a highly hated group?

*Weird addiction*
post Oct 21 2005, 01:36 PM
Post #52

^ How in the world can someone be born gay? It's NOT possible. I'm not sure you choose to be gay either. Sexuality isn't a choice nor are you born with it.

One question, did you choose to be straight (if you are). If yes, how? Did you just sit down one day and said to yourself "i'm going to be straight"?.

eunie03
post Oct 21 2005, 03:31 PM
Post #53

Member No: 84,519

QUOTE(Weird addiction @ Oct 21 2005, 1:36 PM)
^ How in the world can someone be born gay? It's NOT possible. I'm not sure you choose to be gay either. Sexuality isn't a choice nor are you born with it.

One question, did you choose to be straight (if you are). If yes, how? Did you just sit down one day and said to yourself "i'm going to be straight"?.

It has to be one or the other. Or both. It can't be neither... or else it wouldn't exist.

islandkiss
post Oct 21 2005, 03:55 PM
Post #54

Kermit the frog = <3

Member No: 15,215

QUOTE(Weird addiction @ Oct 21 2005, 1:36 PM)

I didn't choose to be staight. i've just been always attracted to guys.

technicolour
post Oct 21 2005, 08:27 PM
Post #55

show me a garden thats bursting to life

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 115,987

QUOTE(mai_z @ Oct 17 2005, 8:25 PM)
LMAO looks like someone didn't notice the sarcasm.
Actually, I've heard that being left/right handed is related to the side the baby slept on, but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

I sleep on my left side and I'm right handed...go figure.

Eh I did...sort of...I'm getting too slow these days.

If you are of the assumpetion that people ARE born gay, please explain yourself.

jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 21 2005, 11:56 PM
Post #56

Jus Sweet Chocolate

Member No: 216,959

i dont think that ppl are born gay. i think its just an excuse for liking the same sex. once i asked my friend why he is gay, and he just said becuz he wants to be. so i just think that ppl choose to be gay!

for anyone who is gay in here, why do you think u were born gay? cuz it seems to me, that most ppl are just using it as an excuse.

*mipadi*
post Oct 22 2005, 12:35 AM
Post #57

QUOTE(jEllyBeaNs @ Oct 22 2005, 12:56 AM)
i dont think that ppl are born gay. i think its just an excuse for liking the same sex. once i asked my friend why he is gay, and he just said becuz he wants to be. so i just think that ppl choose to be gay!
for anyone who is gay in here, why do you think u were born gay? cuz it seems to me, that most ppl are just using it as an excuse.

Well, I think your one friend is hardly a representative sampling of all homosexuals.

*RiC3xBoy*
post Oct 22 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #58

No, its not possible to be born gay(imo). The environment you grow up in and how your mentality matures decides if you are gay. Infant babys can barely process symbols let alone the attraction of the same sex.

simx
post Oct 22 2005, 01:26 AM
Post #59

"Silly me, I thought this was a free country"

Group: Human
Member No: 60,913

QUOTE(jEllyBeaNs @ Oct 21 2005, 11:56 PM)

using it as an excuse for what?
No, its not possible to be born gay(imo). The environment you grow up in and how your mentality matures decides if you are gay. Infant babys can barely process symbols let alone the attraction of the same sex.

I think you can still be born gay... it's just something you discover later on in life.

Olive
post Oct 22 2005, 09:24 AM
Post #60

Drowning by numbers

Member No: 193,026

QUOTE(RiC3xBoy @ Oct 22 2005, 3:39 PM)

Hey I found this in the Lounge (<- clicky) and recognised your avatar. To the question, you replied:

QUOTE(RiC3xBoy @ Oct 22 2005, 8:39 AM)
1) What do you think caused your heterosexuality? Instincts

Could you relate that to your debate on homosexuality? That it is also caused by instincts, or is that only applicable to your heterosexuality?
hmm, seems to me a bit contradictory.

*xcaitlinx*
post Oct 22 2005, 09:26 AM
Post #61

QUOTE(Kristinaa @ Oct 21 2005, 8:27 PM)
I sleep on my left side and I'm right handed...go figure.

me too.

no, i don't think so. most people are born straight but then become gay when they get older.

Retrogressive
post Oct 22 2005, 09:30 AM
Post #62

Don't wake ghostie.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 2,405

^ AN EXCUSE FOR WHAT? ^

You can argue that you were born left-handed or right.
And then AGAIN you can argue that you were born liking applejacks.

We are talking about different personailties, genetics, and DNA. Maybe there is no right and wrong answer. Maybe it's both.

ParanoidAndroid
post Oct 22 2005, 09:37 AM
Post #63

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Member No: 85,066

is there really such thing as a baby being born with "gay" dna/genes? if a person was born gay they would genes and dna of that...but no such thing..maybe a person can think they're a heterosexual and then find out later in life as they mentally mature that they're actually gay

sadolakced acid
post Oct 22 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #64

dripping destruction

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 21,929

why do i have a feeling this is going to become simply a nature vs. nurture shouting match?

ParanoidAndroid
post Oct 22 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #65

Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians

Member No: 85,066

^cuz basically..it is a nature vs. nurture shouting match

*Weird addiction*
post Oct 22 2005, 11:17 AM
Post #66

QUOTE(islandkiss @ Oct 21 2005, 10:55 PM)
I didn't choose to be staight. i've just been always attracted to guys.

That is my point. They didn't choose to be gay, they weren't born gay. This is mission impossible. Nobody REALLY knows if sexuality is a choice or if we are born with it. We are all guessing. You have to be a genius or "god" to be 100 % sure.

jEllyBeaNs
post Oct 22 2005, 11:20 AM
Post #67

Jus Sweet Chocolate

Member No: 216,959

QUOTE(simx @ Oct 22 2005, 2:26 AM)
using it as an excuse for what?

I think you can still be born gay... it's just something you discover later on in life.

saying they are born gay. they use it as an excuse for liking the same sex!

glit_gal
post Oct 22 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #68

hi

Member No: 14,897

Well with the debate over nature v. nurture i've always been the one to believe that people are affected by nurture moreover than by nature. So in the case with being born gay, i disagree. I don't think gay people are born that way just as transexuals aren't born transexuals. Obviously there was a time in their life when transexuals weren't transexual and were happy with their gender. Just the same i think there was a time when homosexuals were happy with liking the opposite sex. It's just that with the environment and people around them that they grew up with made a change in their sexual preference.

pandamonium
post Oct 22 2005, 12:48 PM
Post #69

cheeeesy like theres no tomorrow

Member No: 37,142

QUOTE(jEllyBeaNs @ Oct 21 2005, 11:56 PM)

WHY DO WE NEED AN EXCUSE FOR LIKING SOMEONE ? WHAT FOR? THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? WHY DO YOU HAVE AN EXCUSE TO LIKE GIRLS? IT REALLY REALLY DOESNT MAKE SENSE. YOU ARE MAKING MY HEAD HURT CAUSE THERE IS NO ABSOLUTE SENSE IN WHAT YOU ARE SAYING.

WELL YOUR FRIEND IS STUPID, HOW DO YOU CHOSE TO BE GAY, YOU DONT CHOSE YOU JUST ARE, DEPENDING ON THE RELATIONSHIP AND HOW THEY FEEL TORWARDS ONE PERSON IS HOW YOU FIGURE OUT.

SO YOUR FRIEND HE CHOSE TO BE GAY, SO HE IS ATTRACTED TO GIRLS BUT WANTS TO LIKE GUYS? CAUSE THATS WHAT IM GETTING OUT OF YOUR POST.

*Weird addiction*
post Oct 22 2005, 12:52 PM
Post #70

^ No need for the caps. But i'm with you.

Comptine
post Oct 22 2005, 01:57 PM
Post #71

Sing to Me

Member No: 10,808

jellybeans, if someone can choose to be gay, that means someone can choose to be straight.

did you choose to be straight? did you wake up one morning and was like, "i want to be straight."

if that's the case, then before someone chooses their sexual orientation, they had to be something else. so before you friend "choose" to be gay, he was either asexual or straight. if you are straight, that means before you choose to be straight, you were either gay or asexual.

i wonder what i was before i was straight... whistling.gif

*disco infiltrator*
post Oct 22 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #72

People are more or less asexual before their hormones kick in. They don't actually have attraction to anyone, they only feed off of influences from the outside world. Therefore, when a teenager goes through puberty, their hormones combobulate and come out with whatever they are attracted to. Just like a person turns out to be attracted to certain qualities of another person without being able to help it, people turn out to be attracted to a certain gender. So, it happens during puberty. It's luck of the draw, just like the gender of yourself is luck of the draw.

That's what I think.

*RiC3xBoy*
post Oct 22 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #73

QUOTE(Olive @ Oct 22 2005, 7:24 AM)
Hey I found this in the Lounge (<- clicky) and recognised your avatar. To the question, you replied:
Could you relate that to your debate on homosexuality? That it is also caused by instincts, or is that only applicable to your heterosexuality?
hmm, seems to me a bit contradictory.

Living thing's instincts are to reproduce are they not?....Crap, I gotta go, Ill edit this later.

simx
post Oct 22 2005, 08:28 PM
Post #74

"Silly me, I thought this was a free country"

Group: Human
Member No: 60,913

QUOTE(jEllyBeaNs @ Oct 22 2005, 11:20 AM)
saying they are born gay. they use it as an excuse for liking the same sex!

Why would you need an excuse for liking the same sex?.... mellow.gif

eunie03
post Oct 22 2005, 08:51 PM
Post #75

Member No: 84,519

QUOTE(simx @ Oct 22 2005, 8:28 PM)
Why would you need an excuse for liking the same sex?.... mellow.gif

Exactly... Haha. Where do these people come up with these things?

14 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: