Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | Big Book of Resources

Submission Guidelines

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Im very disappointed with CB!!!
AshsDarkAngelPro...
post Dec 23 2008, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 702,117

verymad.gif The reason i am disappointed is simple...

The rejected my profile upload because they say it is to plain! HELLO!!
This is a pic of mine

and the lightning bolts move across the screen

Ok, yes it is simple but WTF IS THIS????

http://www.createblog.com/layouts/preview.php?id=31481

Why did mine get rejected and this one or any of the others that are this simple make it through???

I think this is a serious case it just didn't suite the persons taste who rejected it!

I am very very disappointed with createblog

Up until now I swore by them and always recommended this site. But now I see how they really are. This isn't supposed to be about their personal taste! its about what the users want!!!!

Oh yeah and I didn't mean that to be anything against the profile I used as an example I think it is very nice I love the simple ones

THATS WHY I MADE ONE!
Reason for edit: posts merged. please use the edit button. also please thumb large images -nat

manny-the-dino
post Dec 23 2008, 09:55 PM
Post #2

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

That layout was accepted before we made the new submissions guidelines so it doesn't really count. When I go through the queue I don't base my decisions on whether or not I like the submission, but if it was done properly. Your layout is pretty plain. I mean all you really did was add an animated background & put some links & a table. More should be added to it. I know this is the first layout you've submitted here & you're really mad about it but it happens to all of us. You should just take the advice we give you & make the layout better.

none345678
post Dec 23 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #3

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

This doesn't belong here.

But Pm the person who rejected, and ask them to elaborate on why it was rejected. I would have rejected too for the same reason, or even because (by the screen shot at least) the background seems bad image quality. The other one at least has roll overs.

Tung
post Dec 23 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #4

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 65,593

qqmoar

manny-the-dino
post Dec 23 2008, 10:02 PM
Post #5

Member No: 498,468

QUOTE(Drama @ Dec 23 2008, 07:00 PM) *
But Pm the person who rejected, and ask them to elaborate on why it was rejected. I would have rejected too for the same reason, or even because (by the screen shot at least) the background seems bad image quality. The other one at least has roll overs.

She did PM me & I told her the same thing, more or less.

Tung, can you move this to... I dk. Designer's Cafe? I dk. Somewhere in the RC, please?

Tung
post Dec 23 2008, 10:11 PM
Post #6

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶

Member No: 65,593

done

fire
post Dec 23 2008, 10:17 PM
Post #7

Group: Official Member
Member No: 523,843

LOUD NOISES!

hypnotique
post Dec 23 2008, 10:26 PM
Post #8

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 478,024

That whole layout scheme is overplayed and actually im kinda glad the staff is trying to phase out stupid shapes and rainbows and flash shit.

If you can do good clean work like that then what is so difficult about trying to do something to stand out?
examples of work
http://blaqheartedstar.createblog.com/layouts/
http://wentzxxpete.createblog.com/layouts/
http://schizo.createblog.com/layouts/
Cb is known for accepting unique things of high quality that no other layout site on the internet can offer.
So dont be surprised if we want the very best. its like Hershey to high quality European chocolate sure its good in its own way but its not the top of its caliber.

You can always always resubmit things so dont give up.

AshsDarkAngelPro...
post Dec 23 2008, 10:34 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(Drama @ Dec 23 2008, 09:00 PM) *
This doesn't belong here.

Actually it does have rollovers thank you very much. the picture was better when it was viewed in preview mode which i can no longer do

Tomates
post Dec 23 2008, 10:40 PM
Post #10

poison

Group: Official Member
Member No: 629,020

It is really plain
In all honesty it looks like you grabbed a background somewhere and plastered a big gray box in the middle added some rollovers and called it good.
Atleast with the other one it looked like more time was spent on it.

digitalfragrance
post Dec 23 2008, 11:07 PM
Post #11

Adobe Addict

Member No: 113,043

Everyone loves simple layouts. We have tons of them around here, and we approve a lot of them.

Here's the difference between your's and the one that you linked and is probably a reason... if not THE reason why it was rejected... whether the thought was conscious or not by the moderator.

Your's has nothing tying the design together, and as a result, the colors clash. Next time, try adding a small banner on the top of the gray box that has something to do with lightning bolts as a start... try to limit the color scheme a little. You can resubmit it and try again after you've changed it :]

Conversely, the other layout you linked has the same theme running through it. While it's super simple it at least had the grungy-blackness theme running through the entire layout.

You need to be open to criticism... the first layouts I ever tried to submit here a long time ago were rejected... there was about 10 of them... at least. Now I have over 80. I was angry, but I learned that I'd get better. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Just relax _smile.gif It'll be worth it in the long run!

AshsDarkAngelPro...
post Dec 24 2008, 10:37 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(digitalfragrance @ Dec 23 2008, 10:07 PM) *
Everyone loves simple layouts. We have tons of them around here, and we approve a lot of them.

Here's the difference between your's and the one that you linked and is probably a reason... if not THE reason why it was rejected... whether the thought was conscious or not by the moderator.

Your's has nothing tying the design together, and as a result, the colors clash. Next time, try adding a small banner on the top of the gray box that has something to do with lightning bolts as a start... try to limit the color scheme a little. You can resubmit it and try again after you've changed it :]

Conversely, the other layout you linked has the same theme running through it. While it's super simple it at least had the grungy-blackness theme running through the entire layout.

You need to be open to criticism... the first layouts I ever tried to submit here a long time ago were rejected... there was about 10 of them... at least. Now I have over 80. I was angry, but I learned that I'd get better. Isn't that what it's all about anyway? Just relax _smile.gif It'll be worth it in the long run!

Wow thanks. You were the nicest one yet. You gave me better criticism which i don't mind as long as it had a good explanation and you came of nicer. Thanks They need more people like you on this site

hypnotique
post Dec 24 2008, 11:47 AM
Post #13

Live long and prosper.

Yes because me and tomates were just swearing at you and being sooooo mean

digitalfragrance
post Dec 24 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #14

Adobe Addict

QUOTE(AshsDarkAngelProfiles @ Dec 24 2008, 10:37 AM) *
Wow thanks. You were the nicest one yet. You gave me better criticism which i don't mind as long as it had a good explanation and you came of nicer. Thanks They need more people like you on this site

You're welcome _smile.gif I also have another suggestion - if you aren't sure if your layout will be accepted or rejected.. or if you just want some more critique, post a topic in the Showcase Booth and allow other members to give you their thoughts. That way you have created the best possible layout for your circumstances when you do finally submit it for review.

Lots of members do that :]

none345678
post Dec 24 2008, 01:28 PM
Post #15

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

QUOTE(AshsDarkAngelProfiles @ Dec 24 2008, 09:37 AM) *

Yes, because Manny was so horribly mean with her criticism.

superstitious
post Dec 24 2008, 01:40 PM
Post #16

Tick tock, Bill

Member No: 333,948

^ I honestly think that anyone on Design Staff giving "criticism" will be interpreted as not "nice" because they are on Design Staff (and a DS member rejected the layout). That might be unfair to say (and quite possibly inaccurate), but since the phrasing didn't seem much different than Rachael's (digitalfragrance), I'm sort of running with that theory.

Regarding the layout, I get the whole simple one box div thing. However, if you're going to go with that style, you should compliment it with a background that has more umph. Something different that shows more creativity.

hypnotique
post Dec 24 2008, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Live long and prosper.

QUOTE(superstitious @ Dec 24 2008, 12:40 PM) *
^ I honestly think that anyone on Design Staff giving "criticism" will be interpreted as not "nice" because they are on Design Staff (and a DS member rejected the layout). That might be unfair to say (and quite possibly inaccurate), but since the phrasing didn't seem much different than Rachael's (digitalfragrance), I'm sort of running with that theory.

LEAPING LIZARDS BATMAN! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS MEAN AND DISAPPOINTING.

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Asperger_Syndrome
^That should be sent to every bitching reject designer on cB

digitalfragrance
post Dec 24 2008, 02:39 PM
Post #18

Adobe Addict

QUOTE(superstitious @ Dec 24 2008, 01:40 PM) *

You're probably right. I'd say things like that to people while I was on Design Staff, and I'd still get cussed out. shrug.gif

hypnotique
post Dec 24 2008, 03:50 PM
Post #19

Live long and prosper.

QUOTE(digitalfragrance @ Dec 24 2008, 01:39 PM) *
You're probably right. I'd say things like that to people while I was on Design Staff, and I'd still get cussed out. shrug.gif

Yeah i remmber being on head staff and being told OMG YOU DONT KNOW NEYTHING ABOUT THE BLOOD SWEAT AND TEARS I PUT INTO THIS.

i want a design staff member to look at my stuff blah blah blah and she sent the same horrid BAMF GIF image over and over again.I think every member who has access to the queue must have told her nooooo

digitalfragrance
post Dec 24 2008, 03:53 PM
Post #20

Adobe Addict

At least she has something to go by now _smile.gif

And I think we've covered everything... this topic probably could be closed.

superstitious
post Dec 24 2008, 04:21 PM
Post #21

Tick tock, Bill

Member No: 333,948

QUOTE(hypnotique @ Dec 24 2008, 01:32 PM) *

LEAPING LIZARDS BATMAN! BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU JUST SAID IS MEAN AND DISAPPOINTING.
http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Asperger_Syndrome
^That should be sent to every bitching reject designer on cB

Totally off topic (and I apologize for that) but that picture is kicking my ass! throb.gif

(and lol@the asperger's reference. Izzy is autistic, so his condition is in the same family)

*cakedout*
post Dec 24 2008, 05:15 PM
Post #22

both suck

karmakiller
post Dec 24 2008, 09:58 PM
Post #23

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

^ Thank you for that elaborate post. I can tell you put a lot of thought into that.

Since this issue seems to have been resolved, Topic Closed.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: