Closed TopicStart new topic
Help with adding flash photo galleries to website
Unfold
post Jun 11 2009, 10:41 AM
Post #1

Always Move Fast

Group: Member
Member No: 192,635

After me using Flickr's slideshow galleries to my website, I've decided to move on from that. I'm wanting to use either Simpleviewer or Bananalbum now.

Right now, I'm using the Flash Album Exporter for iPhoto which is really helpful in making the sites, but when I take the .html file and upload it to my file manager, the page looks something like this. I do have flash installed.

When I use the Flash Album Exporter I get a folder that contains files that look like these:
(I'm using the Bananalbum photogallery in that photo; The same type of results show for Simpleviewer as well)

I would click on the .html file and that would show up perfectly on Safari/Firefox as my photo gallery like I set it up to be. In that case, I only upload the .html file to my filemanager. Doing that results in the blank photo gallery when clicking on the actual link that's been uploaded to the filemanager.

I followed the instructions on the Flash Album Exporter and it states, "Once complete, the files are now ready to be moved to your web site." I'm assuming that I would have to do something with all the files that came in that folder with the .html site, but I don't know what to do from there!

Do I have to do something with ALL the files that came in the folder that's pictured above?

Thank you so much in advance.

DamianJ
post Jun 11 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #2

Justified true belief.

Member No: 33,687

Have you actually uploaded the "swfobject.js" file onto the server because when I try to reach it, the browser says the requested URL can't be found.

As for the other files it seems to me that everything needs to be uploaded. I'm assuming this is a flash application hence you using the embedding method to put it on your website. I'm curious in the folder I only see 3 folders and 2 files but I don't see any .js or .swf files in there. Are those files in one of the folders?

EDIT-

Okay I see what's going on...I think...they just generate the .html file along with the xml and folders but you have to go and download the actual flash application and other files on your own. Were you aware of this? Do you have SimpleViewer downloaded?

Unfold
post Jun 11 2009, 07:06 PM
Post #3

Always Move Fast

I don't have the actual SimpleViewer download that came from their actual website if that's what you're asking, I use the Flash Album Exporter and it takes the albums I have on iPhoto and turns them into SimpleViewer galleries.

I obviously have Adobe Flash Player on my computer, but I wasn't aware of any other downloads and applications needed to make my galleries function.

Is there anything else I need to do?

DamianJ
post Jun 11 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #4

Justified true belief.

What's in the res folder? This is kind of hard since I can't coordinate my responses quickly since I don't know when you'll reply? If you want more help I'd be glad to help but perhaps setting up a time when you'll be on is best for me to able to help as quickly as I can.

Well just download the application and upload it to where you are keeping your files youll need to upload "viewer.swf" and "swfobject.js."

Off-topic: Are you a fan of Rafael Nadal? I'm just curious =P

Unfold
post Jun 11 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #5

Always Move Fast

That's what in the res folder. And sorry about the times and late responses. I'm in no rush whatsoever if that makes any difference.

Are you talking about downloading the actual SimpleViewer application? Would this be in any relation to the Flash Album Exporter I'm using already? Could you explain "viewer.swf" and "swfobject.js?" Apologies; I'm fairly new to this.

Oh yes, I'm a Rafael Nadal fan! It was upsetting to see him lose, I wish he could have won the French Open again!

DamianJ
post Jun 11 2009, 10:55 PM
Post #6

Justified true belief.

Well first are you going to use simple viewer or banana album? Depending on which you'll need to upload the corresponding files, if your going to use simple viewer then you'll need to upload the swf and the js files.

Oh and yeah I was actually surprised to see him so frustrated during his match with Soderling. He didn't look like himself at all.

Unfold
post Jun 12 2009, 09:08 AM
Post #7

Always Move Fast

Ok, so I've decided to go through SimpleViewer. What's the next step?

I agree, and the fact that Rafa has his knee injury, my dad thinks that Wimbledon isn't going to go too well either.

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: