3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Classmates & the annoying things they do.
manny-the-dino
post Mar 2 2009, 10:41 PM
Post #1

Group: Administrator
Member No: 498,468

We get into groups to do classwork every day, in my math class. I'm fortunate enough to have bought the teacher's edition of the book which contains all the answers. And there's the one girl in my group that is always behind. The rest of us do the problems together & try & help each other out. But this girl is always texting & clueless as to what is going on. So she gets behind on the work. And since I have all the answers, she always asks to "see" my paper when she just copies all the work down. I mean I don't mind the first few times but now she's just doing it all the time. I don't even think she comprehends how to do the problem because she says she's failed all the tests. I mean copying =/= learning. It's just annoying, imo.

What do your classmates do that annoys you?

karmakiller
post Mar 2 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #2

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

I've had to work with people who will sit there not contribute but want you to throw your answers at them, too.

Right now the only things that really bothers me about working in groups is when people don't want to talk but just want to sit there (I'm super shy, and I still talk. It's college, grow up a little) and the people who peer review your papers and leave you no constructive criticism. I'll get my Philosophy paper back from someone and they will leave blanks under the criteria and say things like "intro sounds nice".

manny-the-dino
post Mar 2 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #3

Yeah I used to be like that. All shy & stuff but I grew out of it. Not fully but at least I'm a bit more talkative now.

I hate that too about the reviewing thing. I got the same comments as you. I think people don't really put down what they really think because they're afraid of your reaction. But in the end, it will help the paper out.

Joanne
post Mar 2 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #4

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 95,404

I hate it when nobody answers the questions in lecture/tutorial and there's this long awkward silence. After a couple classes of that in econ, I just started shouting out answers whether they were right or wrong to keep things moving.

smash
post Mar 2 2009, 10:56 PM
Post #5

f your couch

Group: Official Member
Member No: 491,301

people used to just dump cutting boards with raw meat in the temporarily fresh dish water. it pissed me off. there was a trash can for scraping and a whole sink just for rinsing. and they'd just take my measuring cups and knives from my station without asking. so i'd end up looking all over the kitchen for them. just annoying.

Maccabee
post Mar 2 2009, 10:59 PM
Post #6

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 593,382

Tell her to cut it out.
Well in my english class theres this 13 year old kid that I though was like 11 and he always pokes me and scruffs up my hear and touches me. its really annoying. He probably just wants to be my friend but if he keeps touching me im gonna yell at him. (louder than I already have before. haha)

manny-the-dino
post Mar 2 2009, 11:08 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(Joanne @ Mar 2 2009, 07:56 PM) *
I hate it when nobody answers the questions in lecture/tutorial and there's this long awkward silence. After a couple classes of that in econ, I just started shouting out answers whether they were right or wrong to keep things moving.

Haha aw. You're so cute, Joanne. Does anyone answer now?

QUOTE(smash @ Mar 2 2009, 07:56 PM) *
people used to just dump cutting boards with raw meat in the temporarily fresh dish water. it pissed me off. there was a trash can for scraping and a whole sink just for rinsing. and they'd just take my measuring cups and knives from my station without asking. so i'd end up looking all over the kitchen for them. just annoying.

Wow if someone was doing that to me, I'd act real bitchy with them. I'd give them an attitude & keep all my things close to me.

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 2 2009, 07:59 PM) *
Tell her to cut it out.
Well in my english class theres this 13 year old kid that I though was like 11 and he always pokes me and scruffs up my hear and touches me. its really annoying. He probably just wants to be my friend but if he keeps touching me im gonna yell at him. (louder than I already have before. haha)

Wth? How weird & annoying. That's some elementary school stuff right there. I think eventually I'd snap if he didn't stop it.

none345678
post Mar 2 2009, 11:21 PM
Post #8

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

^I would snap the first time. I HATE when people touch me. In class I am really out going and all that jazz so the guys think they are going to get all buddy buddy with me and start poking me in the sides, baaaaaaaad idea. I hate it so much. lol

karmakiller
post Mar 2 2009, 11:24 PM
Post #9

QUOTE(jcp @ Mar 2 2009, 09:59 PM) *
Tell her to cut it out.

I've always been uncomfortable with people touching me, especially if I'm not friends with them. Omg, does he ever poke you and act like it wasn't him? I hate that shit.

Joanne
post Mar 2 2009, 11:34 PM
Post #10

Member No: 95,404

QUOTE(manny-the-dino @ Mar 2 2009, 08:08 PM) *
Haha aw. You're so cute, Joanne. Does anyone answer now?

No. I think they just wait for the keener (me) to answer now.

smash
post Mar 2 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #11

f your couch

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Mar 2 2009, 10:24 PM) *
I've always been uncomfortable with people touching me, especially if I'm not friends with them. Omg, does he ever poke you and act like it wasn't him? I hate that shit.

i don't like people messing with my hair. people used play with my hair a lot in elementary school. they were fascinated with it 'cause it wasn't all thin and super straight like theirs. i went to school with a lot of white kids. i didn't mind the questions but they would just touch my hair without asking. and it was the same kids all through elementary.

manny-the-dino
post Mar 2 2009, 11:51 PM
Post #12

QUOTE(Joanne @ Mar 2 2009, 08:34 PM) *
No. I think they just wait for the keener (me) to answer now.

*smh. But that just makes you stand out. Even if you're right or wrong, you'll benefit from it.

QUOTE(smash @ Mar 2 2009, 08:41 PM) *
i don't like people messing with my hair. people used play with my hair a lot in elementary school. they were fascinated with it 'cause it wasn't all thin and super straight like theirs. i went to school with a lot of white kids. i didn't mind the questions but they would just touch my hair without asking. and it was the same kids all through elementary.

I find that creepy. People would just randomly start playing with my hair in high school. They could have at least asked first. And I remember in 5th grade, I sat in front of a guy & he said that my hair would always fall onto his desk. I didn't even play with it. I think he just did it to annoy me or make me feel bad. rolleyes.gif

none345678
post Mar 3 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #13

Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll

Group: People Staff
Member No: 596,480

I always had a kid who would say " Can I sit by Abbey? I like the way her hair smells." I think he was just try to out creep me though lol

smash
post Mar 3 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #14

f your couch

that would creep me out.

creole
post Mar 3 2009, 05:08 PM
Post #15

Member No: 676,364

I've had a classmate that kept touching my chest area. O_o
I guess I shouldn't really be proud, now.

hypnotique
post Mar 3 2009, 05:22 PM
Post #16

Live long and prosper.

Member No: 478,024

when these 2 bitches go on the computer on to youtube and play really shitty hardcore rap music so loud that you can only hear the speakers almost burst and nothing else and its like...

YOU ARE IN THE SUBURBS,IN A NURSING SCHOOL FOR f*ckS SAKE!!!!!!111

1angel3
post Mar 3 2009, 08:11 PM
Post #17

Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa

Member No: 427,774

I'm in the same situation as you in my math but lucky you, the kids in my group doesn't know anything. I'm the only one in my group that knows how to do the work. One girl always text and talk to everyone, the other girl just don't pay attention and sleeps a lot, and the guy, he's always high and complains on how he want to go home. So I end up doing all the work because I want a good grade and don't want to spend all day explaining to them how to measure something with a vernier caliper. If I did that every time, we wouldn't get anything done. So I do the work and I turn it in and don't give them the answers. They don't deserve it.

karmakiller
post Mar 3 2009, 08:20 PM
Post #18

QUOTE(hypnotique @ Mar 3 2009, 04:22 PM) *
when these 2 bitches go on the computer on to youtube and play really shitty hardcore rap music so loud that you can only hear the speakers almost burst and nothing else and its like...

YOU ARE IN THE SUBURBS,IN A NURSING SCHOOL FOR f*ckS SAKE!!!!!!111
This reminds me... the other day I walking to my car when I was done with class and there was this older lady (probably late 40s) sitting in her van alongside the sidewalk blasting hardcore rap... not the top 40 rap. She had her window down and was smoking a cigarette. It was so wrong.

Maccabee
post Mar 3 2009, 08:24 PM
Post #19

Member No: 593,382

QUOTE(karmakiller @ Mar 2 2009, 10:24 PM) *

Yes. didn that get old like, what 2 years ago? Tapping someones shoulder and looking away!

And ya I hate it when people touch my hair too. Im a guy but its still annoying just cause I need my space. Also sometimes when girls are touching other girls hair I can tell when they dont care or they are really frustrated. haha. Theres this one girl no one really like and she's always like o hey you look cute to other girls and like touching their hair. And then they look at me and say "help" in their eyes. haha

*Janette*
post Mar 3 2009, 08:36 PM
Post #20

I hate in-class group assignments for math. There's always one person that never comprehends what is going on.

QUOTE(Joanne @ Mar 2 2009, 07:56 PM) *

This always happens to my psych teacher when nobody answers back. My class never really lasts the full hour and 30 minutes or so, but still I want to get the f*ck out of there so I do the same thing. laugh.gif

I also hate the personal space issue. This one girl sits next to me and I normally put my bag at my side and she doesn't realize that there ISN'T ENOUGH SPACE FOR BOTH OUR BAGS. stubborn.gif But she insists on squeezing it in anyway.

Just_Dream
post Mar 6 2009, 05:38 AM
Post #21

durian

Member No: 3,860

lul back in high school I had some classes with my boyfriend and whenever we work together, he'd just sleep. It's okay though - he knows I don't like it. smh.

manny-the-dino
post Mar 6 2009, 02:23 PM
Post #22

UGH she keeps doing it! I just want to tell her to actually pay attention in class. All she does is text during the lecture & when we're doing classwork. anjkfnksgnks
/vent

Harp
post Mar 6 2009, 03:13 PM
Post #23

Member No: 683,235

i hate when my classmates throw shit and are extremely loud.
or when all they do is sit there and gossip.

OR WHEN THEY SMACK THEIR DAMN GUM IN MY DAMN EAR.

creole
post Mar 8 2009, 08:21 AM
Post #24

Member No: 676,364

I hate it when a classmate disses on the quiet people. I tend to open up to new people in my class to make friends, but I also have to back them up when they're getting humiliated by my dumb friends. -_-

lovebrittorhateb...
post Mar 8 2009, 05:42 PM
Post #25

Brittney Brooks

Group: Member
Member No: 684,111

none of the students in my classes are that bad, except for fresh. gym; we have like four cheerleaders who scream everytime the ball comes near them and all of us other girls in the class just want to pull their hair out or something. lol.

and i'm pretty sure i'm one of the annoying students because me and my two bestfriends sit and talk the whole period - even though we sit in the back, as well as taking notes at the same time - and we laugh the whole time. so, everyone probably gets mad at us. :/

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: