2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Parental relationships
stanzaonthewall
post Aug 12 2006, 12:27 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 446,820

What kind of relationship do you (everyone) have with there parents?

Do you just ignore them because you think they are ignorant and oblivious

are they your friends

enemies

Do your partens make an effort in your life

tell me how cool or uncool it is to know your parents

Even if your parents don't know hat they are talking about shouldn't you listen out of respect

one of the reasons i ask this question is for those who spend the bare minimum with their parents adn think that they are going to be aournd for ever

another would be because of the consistantly changing times

Well you tell me

*Azarel*
post Aug 12 2006, 12:41 PM
Post #2

To be quite frank, my parents don't even like me and they let me know. We don't really interact, except when my mom is yelling at me because she seriously has a problem. She's emotionally and verbally abusive at all times, and she constantly needs to be berating or belittling someone over anything, no matter how trivial or pointless.

My dad is pretty much never around, and when he is, it's only because I'm in trouble. They claim to love me every once in a while, but actions speak louder than words, and well. If they did love me, they sure do a shitty ass job of showing it since I know they don't. And really, they've told me so many more times that I'm worthless to them. I don't even know why they bothered having kids since they don't even care about fucking raising them correctly. Or at all, for that matter.

I'm very bitter and screwed up because of them; I've coped. *shrug*

SarahxJoy
post Aug 12 2006, 12:47 PM
Post #3

What the fack.

Group: Official Member
Member No: 8,519

My mom, I guess, I can consider her my friend. Though not like..best friend. My brothers and I are a lot closer with her than our dad, mainly because he's never around due to is job taking him away from home so much. Some of my friends have been a little surprised before that I even have a dad, and that my parents aren't divorced or something, because they've never seen him or ever hear me talk about him. ermm.gif

goodcharlotte
post Aug 12 2006, 01:16 PM
Post #4

All The Girlies Say I'm Pretty Fly For A White Guy

Member No: 400,858

We are really close. We go out together all the time for dinner and the beach. Plus my siblings as I are super close so we all hang out together and have barbeques and stuff. I guess we are an all around american family?

xostolenkissezox
post Aug 12 2006, 01:59 PM
Post #5

Member No: 411,178

me and my parents are extremely close. my mom is my best friend and knows everything there it to know about me and i'm a daddies girl all the way...

SimplicityGirl
post Aug 12 2006, 06:16 PM
Post #6

Being happy...is all that matters

Member No: 102,284

Mom's...well, we talk. I'm on better terms with her than my Dad.

M!ssMurd3r
post Aug 12 2006, 06:30 PM
Post #7

Im a BAMF...what now?!

Member No: 452,460

my relationship with my parents kind of sucks. It sucks because one sec. I will be getting along with my mom and then the next second we are arguing over the stupidest stuff. The worst part is both of my parents think that it is there way or no way, so nothing I ever say is right to them and nothing I ever do is good enough. I am a daddys little girl tho.

demolished
post Aug 12 2006, 06:57 PM
Post #8

Group:
Member No: 8,001

QUOTE(Azarel @ Aug 12 2006, 10:41 AM) *
To be quite frank, my parents don't even like me and they let me know. We don't really interact, except when my mom is yelling at me because she seriously has a problem. She's emotionally and verbally abusive at all times, and she constantly needs to be berating or belittling someone over anything, no matter how trivial or pointless.

My dad is pretty much never around, and when he is, it's only because I'm in trouble. They claim to love me every once in a while, but actions speak louder than words, and well. If they did love me, they sure do a shitty ass job of showing it since I know they don't. And really, they've told me so many more times that I'm worthless to them. I don't even know why they bothered having kids since they don't even care about fucking raising them correctly. Or at all, for that matter.

console.gif

who taked you to school, feeded you, signed applications and etc? sad.gif I hope, it would be your relative. _smile.gif

Julietary
post Aug 12 2006, 09:01 PM
Post #9

Member No: 291,779

I'm really close to my mom and I could talk to her about almost anything. My dad, on the other hand, I'm not as close but if I need money I could go to him. Well, there are some things I go to my mom for and some things I go to my dad for. I guess I'm close to both.

no-name
post Aug 13 2006, 12:19 AM
Post #10

yawn :)

Group: Official Member
Member No: 434,041

I guess it is pretty good..i seriously have no idea whatsoever

5ayuri
post Aug 13 2006, 02:06 AM
Post #11

Too slow.

Member No: 108,320

I'm really close to my mom, but not close with my dad at all. and now less close cause we live far away from him. Yeah I wouldnt really hug/kiss him, only on like his b-day and fathers day and stuff like that. Most of the time I would call him because I wanted money. ermm.gif

emazing
post Aug 13 2006, 03:24 AM
Post #12

What a hypocrite.

Member No: 128,150

I have mixed feelings about my parents, to be honest with you.
My mom - I do love her& appreciate her for so many things that she's done for me so far, but sometimes she can get a little irritable in public. IDK if it's because of the people she had encounters with, or if it's just her attitude. shrug.gif

My dad - He cares for me so much and spoils me so much, it scares me at times. He can be fobby, like most Vietnamese parents ("95 YERO [0] 35", anyone?)... and that's what I really don't like about him. Yes yes, I know that it's not his fault and that he was born & raised in Vietnam, but .. still. I still love him, though. He's overall a great dad, minus the fobbiness and the impolite manners.

satch
post Aug 13 2006, 12:17 PM
Post #13

What side was that Prvt Pile?

Member No: 451,960

Ok it is obvious I am alot older then most people here, that is fine I am young at heart. So I want to chime in on this, I lost my mother last year to cancer it was really hard for me. But I want to tell you she was not the best mom I lived with my grnadmother most of my life my dad was not around ( just found him 5 years ago not seeing him for 25 years) my mom picked guys that beat on me so I would go from her house back to my grandmothers. I have 7 bothers and 1 sister from my mom, none of wich I grew up with, one of my borthers died in a car accident and I did not even know him. Anyhow here is what I am getting at, even thou my mom was not the best mom I loved her with all my heart, I always knew that she was there I cold call her and talk to her but guess what?? now she is gone never to talk to her never to see her again. So just do this and belive me I understand but make the best of your relationship with your mom and dad you may think it is no big deal but when they are gone you will see......Just think about it when you sit and say how much you hate them!

Good luck!

*This Confession*
post Aug 13 2006, 01:06 PM
Post #14

I can't stand my mother. More than likely won't ever. Shes done things in her life that made me lose a ton of respect for her, so far to the point that I probably won't ever again. We can't even have a conversation without getting a fight, before she came out and you find out all these things she was alright, she use to stalk people and like do things that she knew wasen't the right thing to do but she did them anyway. So my relationship with my mother is well non existent.

My dad on the other hand, hes always been there pretty much. Although I keep to myself most of the time. Me and him are very similar so we tend to stay quiet until some kind of interest that we both can talk about comes up. So I don't ignore him, although sometimes I suppose he can have a short fuse. I wouldn't say he was my friend, I tend to keep my parents at a parent relationship not anything more. I can talk to my dad about mostly anything I suppose, but when a parent goes over the boderline and starts to be your friend eventually they have to be your parent again and its not exactly the same. Knowing my dad is a cool thing, i wouldn't say it was uncool. Most people love my dad, easpecially little kids. My dad is like a big kid himself at times, he adores video games and still collects them pinch.gif
Storange bins full of systems and games.

None the less, I listen to my parents out of respect. Any parent actually.

I don't have anything left to say now, I don't know if this really answered anything actually.

^Satch - how old are you?

satch
post Aug 13 2006, 02:39 PM
Post #15

QUOTE(This Confession @ Aug 13 2006, 11:06 AM) *
^Satch - how old are you?

Well I just turned 39 lol I know I am old tongue.gif

*This Confession*
post Aug 13 2006, 02:50 PM
Post #16

^haha
yea your older than my dad pinch.gif

So I suppose your are the oldest perhaps.

iDecay
post Aug 13 2006, 06:13 PM
Post #17

Pocketful of Sunshine

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 289,004

Hm, let's see. My parents are not close to me AT ALL. Like, seriously. My dad thought I was in 5th grade. My mom thinks she knows everything about me, but she doesen't know a thing. They seriously think my only friend is Julie. (Julietary) They tell me to meet people, and socialize with them. But, how can I do that if 1) They don't let me talk to guys. (WTF is with that?) 2) They don't let me go out, unless it's with Julie, because well, as I said before, they think she's my only freaking friend. And 3) I'm not supposed to talk on the phone past 8. (I still do, but whatever.) I try to talk to them, but they just ignore me. They sit there relaxing and tell me to do things for them. It's like I'm their slave. I can't even remember the last time I told them I loved them. I'm guessing it's been over 2, 3 years? Maybe I'm over-reacting? I dunno. I'm just in a pissy mood right now and half of this post probably didn't make sense.

Aerjae
post Aug 13 2006, 06:53 PM
Post #18

rissa.

Member No: 436,690

... Let's just say I don't

BrokenDream
post Aug 13 2006, 07:06 PM
Post #19

<33

Member No: 114,234

My Mom and I get along really well. We're close. Sometimes we have those days where we're just angry with each other... but sooner or later, we'll make up, and it'll be back to the happy days. [: She gives me great advice, and takes care of me well, and is kind of like my stalker in ways. :D In a good way, that is. She knows where I am at all times... she's a very caring mother. I love her alot.

I don't get to see my Dad alot. My parents are divorced. Sometimes he drinks, and crap. He lost his job...I feel bad for him. He's still a good Dad. He supports me, and stuff. Loves me, too. I wish I can see him more. :\ I still love him to death just like my Mom.

QUOTE(tic tac. @ Aug 13 2006, 6:13 PM) *
Hm, let's see. My parents are not close to me AT ALL. Like, seriously. My dad thought I was in 5th grade. My mom thinks she knows everything about me, but she doesen't know a thing. They seriously think my only friend is Julie. (Julietary) They tell me to meet people, and socialize with them. But, how can I do that if 1) They don't let me talk to guys. (WTF is with that?) 2) They don't let me go out, unless it's with Julie, because well, as I said before, they think she's my only freaking friend. And 3) I'm not supposed to talk on the phone past 8. (I still do, but whatever.) I try to talk to them, but they just ignore me. They sit there relaxing and tell me to do things for them. It's like I'm their slave. I can't even remember the last time I told them I loved them. I'm guessing it's been over 2, 3 years? Maybe I'm over-reacting? I dunno. I'm just in a pissy mood right now and half of this post probably didn't make sense.

Naw, Tina. That post made sense! Sorry about your parents.

console.gif

QUOTE(Azarel @ Aug 12 2006, 12:41 PM) *

I'm trully sorry about your parents. :\

*Uronacid*
post Aug 13 2006, 07:07 PM
Post #20

My mom:
I have a love/hate relationship with my mom. She gives me good advice sometimes... especially when it comes to my girl-freinds, but she makes life so crappy for herself. She whether she realizes it or does the dumbest things in her relationships with anyone (especially with her new boyfriend...) I'm so glad I know how to put up with someone like her. She loves to act like nothing matters, but in reality everything matters and when you don't pay any attention to her she feels like you don't love her. Honestly the more I think about my mom the more it makes me crazy. I still listen to her, I talk to her about everything, I give her advice, and scold her her... I'm almost like her father at times... It's rediculous... but I still love her and she's done so much for me. I cannot deny that fact that she has been there all my life and
protected me from so many things. When she gets old I will still be there for her. I am very similar to my mom in the way that she has extreme paranoia. My mom is like 33% friend, 33% my daughter, and 33% my mother relationship.

My dad:
My dad is very... LOGICAL... all his advice is well... "if this than do this, or if this than do this" or "the Bible says...". I love my dad, and I ma able to tell him anything. Me and him are so close, and he has done more for me than any person in my life. He has always encouraged me to do my best in anything I do. Even in my relationship with Holly. (My mom hated holly at first... she thought that she was a 40yo man trying to rape me... >.>) My dad is my dad 100%. He's strong, and sensative. I only hope to be as good as a dad as he is when I grow up.

If there is anything I would love to be when I grow up... It would be a dad. Ask Holly... if she starts talking about little babies or her little brother or something while we are on the phone. It makes me so happy... I cry every single time.. It's relaly embarrassing... I want to be the best dad ever. She says I'm cute, but I love dads, and kids so much. OMG her brother... every time I see him... I hope to have a son just as cute as him. I JUST WANT TO SQUEEZ HIS LITTLE CHEEKS... geez... I'm almost crying right now... I'm so happy when I think about being a dad when I grow up... :]

blacknailpolish
post Aug 13 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #21

I know you're gonna save me

Member No: 447,431

Well I get along fine with my mom actually. She's a really fun person and most of the time we agree on stuff. I don't really know much about my dad, except that he's a real smarty but impossible to agree with. Never met him, and you know what? I don't really mind. My stepdad's such a nice guy and more of a dad to me than my real one ever was.

satch
post Aug 13 2006, 08:02 PM
Post #22

QUOTE(Uronacid @ Aug 13 2006, 5:07 PM) *
If there is anything I would love to be when I grow up... It would be a dad. Ask Holly... if she starts talking about little babies or her little brother or something while we are on the phone. It makes me so happy... I cry every single time.. It's relaly embarrassing... I want to be the best dad ever. She says I'm cute, but I love dads, and kids so much. OMG her brother... every time I see him... I hope to have a son just as cute as him. I JUST WANT TO SQUEEZ HIS LITTLE CHEEKS... geez... I'm almost crying right now... I'm so happy when I think about being a dad when I grow up... :]

That is good that you want to be a good dad when you grow up, but let me tell you this and belive me I know wink.gif I am a father of 3 two sons ages 2 and 5 and a daughter from my x wife she is 10 and oh ya I am a foster parent of a girl 3 and a boy 5 so my house is very busy...

I think and I am told alot that I am a good dad, and it takes ALOT OF WORK! you all sit here and bad mouth your parents and I know there are bad ones out there (again I am a foster parent) and some parents work and work and work to put food in your mouth pay the bills and get you the stuff you need. It is sad to read some of this stuff I would die if I read something like this my kids wrote when all I do is everything for them.

Point:

just because they do not say alot to you do alot with you does not mean that they do not love you. It is hard to be a parent these days I work long hours my wife stays home. I am beat when I get home, but maybe this is where it changes. I do find time to spend with my kids and play with them and stuff like that. But like I said it is not how much time it is the time that they spend.

And yes there are bad parents out there and I am sorry that some of you have to deal with that!

Peace!

jue
post Aug 14 2006, 01:00 PM
Post #23

Member No: 132,134

It all depends. At time they can be really cool and laidback, but at other times they're like just so alsidhaiosda. Just last night I got into a fight with my dad and he smacked me. stubborn.gif And since then i haven't talked to him yet.

*My Cinderella.*
post Aug 14 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #24

My mom doesn't live with me so I don't talk to her as much. Only on weekends. My dad isn't the...social type so we don't really talk. But me and my dad get along great.

*Uronacid*
post Aug 14 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #25

QUOTE(satch @ Aug 13 2006, 9:02 PM) *
That is good that you want to be a good dad when you grow up, but let me tell you this and belive me I know wink.gif I am a father of 3 two sons ages 2 and 5 and a daughter from my x wife she is 10 and oh ya I am a foster parent of a girl 3 and a boy 5 so my house is very busy...

I think and I am told alot that I am a good dad, and it takes ALOT OF WORK! you all sit here and bad mouth your parents and I know there are bad ones out there (again I am a foster parent) and some parents work and work and work to put food in your mouth pay the bills and get you the stuff you need. It is sad to read some of this stuff I would die if I read something like this my kids wrote when all I do is everything for them.

Point:

just because they do not say alot to you do alot with you does not mean that they do not love you. It is hard to be a parent these days I work long hours my wife stays home. I am beat when I get home, but maybe this is where it changes. I do find time to spend with my kids and play with them and stuff like that. But like I said it is not how much time it is the time that they spend.

And yes there are bad parents out there and I am sorry that some of you have to deal with that!

Peace!

Love isn't just showing by spending time with your children... it's all the hard work that you do for your kids.. :] that's why I appreciate my father so much... i see the little things and he does and the responsibilities he takes to love me. I want to be that kind of dad when I grow up.. :]

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: