Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Problem With Women Today, Illustrated
reality2008
post Aug 19 2008, 07:13 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 678,744

Take a look at this! Has anyone here read this before?
http://theproblemwithwomentoday-reality2008.blogspot.com/

Rogue_Ewok
post Aug 19 2008, 07:26 PM
Post #2

Flamebow

Member No: 76,444

That garbage? that was probably written by a poor hegemonic male who is desperately trying to stay dominant in society. All men can do is be nasty I suppose.

reality2008
post Aug 19 2008, 08:07 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(Rogue_Ewok @ Aug 19 2008, 07:26 PM) *
That garbage? that was probably written by a poor hegemonic male who is desperately trying to stay dominant in society. All men can do is be nasty I suppose.

Uh, no, I'm not interested in the author. I'm interested in the content of the essay. Do you even know the difference? Plus using 'hegemonic' and 'dominant' in the same sentence is redundant. It's like saying 'the grass is green because it's green.'

fameONE
post Aug 19 2008, 08:34 PM
Post #4

^_^

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 91,466

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 19 2008, 08:07 PM) *
Uh, no, I'm not interested in the author. I'm interested in the content of the essay. Do you even know the difference? Plus using 'hegemonic' and 'dominant' in the same sentence is redundant. It's like saying 'the grass is green because it's green.'

Pwnage.

I read the essay. It's an interesting read, but nothing get me all worked up about.

towntown2
post Aug 19 2008, 09:10 PM
Post #5

Mais je ne l'aime pas

Member No: 108,135

I read it.
Like fameONE, I didn't find it to be anything more than an interesting read.
Seems like there's a lot of pigeon-holing in the article, but I'm not bothered.

Rogue_Ewok
post Aug 19 2008, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Flamebow

I'm interested in the content of the essay.

As I said, its garbage.

Plus using 'hegemonic' and 'dominant' in the same sentence is redundant. It's like saying 'the grass is green because it's green.'

If I had just said male, it could be taken that I was talking about all males, when it is clear that only a certain group are dominant. Its not redundant either, I'm implying that the domoinant male is trying to stay dominant. If I had said, "The dominant hegemonic male" that would be considered redundant.

The article was worthless. Trash. A disgrace to every hard working woman. And if you didnt get worked up about it you should know that there are people who actually think that about women, and until they are stopped we will never be equal.

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 11:38 AM
Post #7

QUOTE(Rogue_Ewok @ Aug 19 2008, 09:20 PM) *
As I said, its garbage.
If I had just said male, it could be taken that I was talking about all males, when it is clear that only a certain group are dominant. Its not redundant either, I'm implying that the domoinant male is trying to stay dominant. If I had said, "The dominant hegemonic male" that would be considered redundant.
The article was worthless. Trash. A disgrace to every hard working woman. And if you didnt get worked up about it you should know that there are people who actually think that about women, and until they are stopped we will never be equal.

It looks like you're simply never going to understand why you were being redundant, but here's something you'll understand- Feminism is on the way OUT. It's done- over- and people are sick of it- including women themselves. After 40 years of this nonsense, women are finally waking up to realize that Feminist's directives are not in their own best interest or anyone's interest- especially children- shuffled off to miserable daycare centers, having to compete for the attention of an adult who is a stranger, which causes psychological damage for a lifetime. That's only the beginning of the damage done to our entire society. Read THIS: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/08/18...lawsuit_-2.html

brooklyneast05
post Aug 20 2008, 11:52 AM
Post #8

I'm Jc

Group: Mentor
Member No: 437,556

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 20 2008, 11:38 AM) *
After 40 years of this nonsense, women are finally waking up to realize that Feminists directives are not in their own best interest or anyones's interest- especially children- shuffled off to miserable daycare centers, having compete for the attention of an adult who ia a stranger, which causes psychological damage for a lifetime.

lol what?

i went to daycare some and i don't recall it to be anymore miserable that school itself where we all competed for the teacher's attention. should we not send our young children to school either? luckily for me, my mother is a teacher so i didn't have to endure summer vacations spent in any kind of day care. you know, not every family can afford to have a mother stay home rather than work. i would think it's much more miserable and damaging for a family to be in poverty than it would be to send your kids to a daycare for a couple years. (this isn't even taking into account single parents who really have no alternative) if you pick a good daycare, i don't see anything wrong with them. i actually think it's a good idea to send your kids to one at some point because it teaches you at a younger age to get along with other kids. when i started school i already had a couple of friends because of daycare.

i don't seem to be psychologically damaged due to attending one.

this "essay" is funny, i hope you're not being as serious as you seem.

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #9

"..you know, not every family can afford to have a mother stay home rather than work."

Because of women entering the workplace en masse in the 1980's the prices of homes & vehicles EXPLODED- because women created the 'dual income' household. No one is going to charge 250K for a home if no one can afford it. So what women did was create an economy that now they are a slave to. So many women are now realizing they do NOT want to work & have nothing to prove- but it's too late- worse, women have weakened the job market by over-saturating it & lowering standards- making the U.S. a joke in the world economy a little more every day.

As far as daycare is concerned, studies have shown that children do suffer psychological problems due to being in daycare.

The essay may be 'funny' but I take the future of my country seriously- I guess you don't- so you & I have nothing in common. Have a nice day.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 20 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #10

I'm Jc

so what about the women who aren't mothers? they can't work either? they can't pursue things they are interested in? all the women who have done great things for our society should have been forced to stay home against their will instead of making improvements in things like science, medicine, every other field, ect ect?

if you take this "essay" or whatever outdated world view your proposing serious, then you obviously lack logic. so yes, i would agree that we have nothing in common.

i don't see why a woman shouldn't be able to pursue the same kind of career or achievements that i would.

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 20 2008, 12:38 PM) *
As far as daycare is concerned, studies have shown that children do suffer psychological problems due to being in daycare.

do you actually have a source for this? oh well, even if you did, i'll still send my kids to daycare at some point probably because i thought it was good for me. i certainly won't force my wife to stay at home at all times if she doesn't want to.

rawtheekuh
post Aug 20 2008, 01:38 PM
Post #11

me gustas tu

Member No: 639,446

THANK YOU, brooklyneast. As a feminist, I don't even want to waste my time arguing with this idiot. The only reason he's sitting on the internet posting crap like this is because he is threatened by strong, intelligent women who have accomplished a LOT in the world. Good god, we make up half the world population, what makes you think we can't accomplish anything?

BiZR
post Aug 20 2008, 01:53 PM
Post #12

Member No: 676,363

haha that was a funny post..
but u have to have a sense of humor
i suppose. although there are a lot of ugly women
out there..there are a lot of beautiful ones 2.
but of course i guess women could say the same for men right?

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 02:57 PM
Post #13

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 20 2008, 12:44 PM) *
so what about the women who aren't mothers? they can't work either? they can't pursue things they are interested in? all the women who have done great things for our society should have been forced to stay home against their will instead of making improvements in things like science, medicine, every other field, ect ect?

if you take this "essay" or whatever outdated world view your proposing serious, then you obviously lack logic. so yes, i would agree that we have nothing in common.

i don't see why a woman shouldn't be able to pursue the same kind of career or achievements that i would.
do you actually have a source for this? oh well, even if you did, i'll still send my kids to daycare at some point probably because i thought it was good for me. i certainly won't force my wife to stay at home at all times if she doesn't want to.

"Here's just one of many sources:

Study Links Child Care and Bad Behavior
Monday, March 26, 2007

WASHINGTON — Children who got quality child care before entering kindergarten had better vocabulary scores in the fifth grade than did youngsters who received lower quality care.

Also, the more time that children spent in child care, the more likely their sixth grade teachers were to report problem behavior.

The findings come from the largest study of child care and development conducted in the United States. The 1,364 children in the analysis had been tracked since birth as part of a study by the National Institutes of Health.

In the study's latest installment, being released Monday, researchers evaluated whether characteristics observed between kindergarten and third grade were still present in fifth grade or sixth grade. The researchers found that the vocabulary and behavior patterns did continue, though many other characteristics did dissipate.

The researchers said the increase in vocabulary and problem behaviors was small, and that parenting quality was a much more important predictor of child development.

In the study, child care was defined as care by anyone other than the child's mother who was regularly scheduled for at least 10 hours per week.

The researchers said the enduring effect of child care quality is consistent with other evidence showing that children's early experiences matter to their language development.

The long-term effect on behavior also may have a logical explanation, the researchers said.

"One possible reason why relations between center care and problem behavior may endure is that primary school teachers lack the training as well as the time to address behavior problems, given their primary focus on academics," the researchers said.

The study appears in the current issue of Child Development. The authors emphasized that the children's behavior was within a normal range and that it would be impossible to go into a classroom, and with no additional information, pick out those who had been in child care."

Even with proof you're still going to send your child to daycare? Not very bright are you? Most women are happy to stay at home & don't need to be 'forced.' What? So she can pursue her exciting 'carrer' at Wal-Mart? Wake up & turn off your stupid TV & look at the reality of your world. Most women don't have 'exciting' careers. Most people don't have 'exciting' careers & a child needs a full time mother- that's a real job. Wal-Mart will somehow find a way to struggle on. (HA)

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 03:06 PM
Post #14

QUOTE(megustanloshuevos @ Aug 20 2008, 01:38 PM) *
THANK YOU, brooklyneast. As a feminist, I don't even want to waste my time arguing with this idiot. The only reason he's sitting on the internet posting crap like this is because he is threatened by strong, intelligent women who have accomplished a LOT in the world. Good god, we make up half the world population, what makes you think we can't accomplish anything?

You're right, you would be wasting your time arguing with me, because anything you think is going to be wrong- so don't bother typing it. If you're a 'feminist'- that's just another way of saying 'mentally ill,' and you need help- get into therapy.

I work with women everyday & have been for 25 years in the corporate environment, so I know what I'm talking about, while you are an ignorant idiot with no experience in the real world- I can tell. Women haven't accomplished anything- everything has been done for them. I'm not 'intimidated' by 'strong' women, because there is no such thing. A strong women is just another way of saying 'obnoxious, confrontaional, idiot bitch. I know, I work with them everyday- but the good thing is that they always have a short attention span, and usually leave early and come in late- which is great! We get so much more work done when they're not here. (HA) All the women just get in the way! No, I feel repulsionfor them- look it up. Repulsion is completely different from fear. And I feel repulsion for you even through a computer. Bye bye future cat lady.

rawtheekuh
post Aug 20 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #15

me gustas tu

Member No: 639,446

Someone ban his ass, please.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 20 2008, 03:26 PM
Post #16

I'm Jc

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 20 2008, 02:57 PM) *
Even with proof you're still going to send your child to daycare? Not very bright are you? Most women are happy to stay at home & don't need to be 'forced.' What? So she can pursue her exciting 'carrer' at Wal-Mart? Wake up & turn off your stupid TV & look at the reality of your world. Most women don't have 'exciting' careers. Most people don't have 'exciting' careers & a child needs a full time mother- that's a real job. Wal-Mart will somehow find a way to struggle on. (HA)

loool.gif

you are a complete f**king idiot. yes that's right, i'm not going to change my position on day care because i read one article vs. my actual experience with it. you also haven't answered any of my questions about single parents or women who don't have children to begin with. if you're going to answer them in the same dumbass way you have answered everything else in this thread don't bother then. we can all see you're a nutcase without a clue.

...and a man who's scared of women being equal rofl1.gif did a smarter woman take your job ? cry.gif

Rogue_Ewok
post Aug 20 2008, 03:36 PM
Post #17

Flamebow

Reality 2008, you need to get a higher education, you are obviously set back in the stone age.

Most women don't have 'exciting' careers. Most people don't have 'exciting' careers & a child needs a full time mother- that's a real job.

Just so you know, i'm on my way to having an exciting career. Also, who says women have to have kids? I dont ever want them, and neither does my guy. I'd rather live my own life and spoil myself and my man.

Women, and equal-minded men, lets just ignore this guy, he's a troll. He's probably some upper to middle class white kid that got dumped by a pretty and smart girl. Either that or he's a hick who was raised that women should stay in the kitchen and pop out babies.

ALSO... If this thread is to stay open, I believe it should be moved to debate or something.

dustbunny
post Aug 20 2008, 03:41 PM
Post #18

isketchaholic

Member No: 516,154

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 20 2008, 01:06 PM) *
Women haven't accomplished anything- everything has been done for them.

lol so all discoveries/accomplishments have resulted from the work of other people? is that what you're trying to say? I mean, what do you mean everything has been done for women? Female lawyers, doctors, whatever, have all reached their careers or positions...how then? Other people can't do their jobs for them, the women have their careers because of their own knowledge or skills, not because things were "done for them". I don't doubt that there have been such attempts to reach "promotions", but I also don't doubt the fact that should a woman reach a position through such a method, they'd most likely be too incompetent to keep their job anyhow.

I'm not 'intimidated' by 'strong' women, because there is no such thing. A strong women is just another way of saying 'obnoxious, confrontational, idiot bitch.

well here's the thing, what makes a strong professional male? being proactive? being stern and straightforward? being intelligent and creative? put those same qualities on a woman and all of a sudden they're "obnoxious, confrontational" and overconfident idiotic bitches who think and talk too much right?

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 20 2008, 01:26 PM) *
...and a man who's scared of women being equal rofl1.gif did a smarter woman take your job ? cry.gif

no no he's just bitter that somehow after 25 years in the corporate world with no glorious result in sight, he's still stuck in some shitty workplace surrounded by estrogen :( so sad.

Blyat
post Aug 20 2008, 03:58 PM
Post #19

Group: Official Member
Member No: 667,832

not all women are like that
i think the author made is too dramatic

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 05:21 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Aug 20 2008, 03:26 PM) *
loool.gif

you are a complete f**king idiot. yes that's right, i'm not going to change my position on day care because i read one article vs. my actual experience with it. you also haven't answered any of my questions about single parents or women who don't have children to begin with. if you're going to answer them in the same dumbass way you have answered everything else in this thread don't bother then. we can all see you're a nutcase without a clue.

Goddamm, just how pathetically stupid would someone have to be to actually think daycare is good for a child as opposed to staying at home during the day with their mother? Anyone with just basic common sense would know what's better. If you're that retarded, I'm surprized you can even read and write. I suppose it could also be your brainwashing- I read a lot about how people your age are so dumbed down they can't even leave mommy's house. Still live with mommy, don't you?

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 05:25 PM
Post #21

QUOTE(doiink @ Aug 20 2008, 03:41 PM) *
lol so all discoveries/accomplishments have resulted from the work of other people? is that what you're trying to say? I mean, what do you mean everything has been done for women? Female lawyers, doctors, whatever, have all reached their careers or positions...how then? Other people can't do their jobs for them, the women have their careers because of their own knowledge or skills, not because things were "done for them". I don't doubt that there have been such attempts to reach "promotions", but I also don't doubt the fact that should a woman reach a position through such a method, they'd most likely be too incompetent to keep their job anyhow.
well here's the thing, what makes a strong professional male? being proactive? being stern and straightforward? being intelligent and creative? put those same qualities on a woman and all of a sudden they're "obnoxious, confrontational" and overconfident idiotic bitches who think and talk too much right?
no no he's just bitter that somehow after 25 years in the corporate world with no glorious result in sight, he's still stuck in some shitty workplace surrounded by estrogen :( so sad.

There are very, very, very few actual 'professional' women despite all of your brainwashing by TV. According to the Labor of Statistics last year (& every year) the No. 1 profession for women is 'assistant' or secretary. And the only reason women get decent jobs & keep them is through EOE and threats of lawsuits. You're young and ignorant- so pay attention & get educated about the REAL WORLD.

xoxo_proud
post Aug 20 2008, 06:38 PM
Post #22

Member No: 387,078

Sorry but I can't take anyone who says things like this seriously

"You must be a lonely, lonely human being."

You're obviously a simple-minded little bacteria. Do you actually think I walk around talking about nothing but the topic on this blog? I'm not a one-dimesional shell of an excuse for a human being like you; you are 'projecting.' If I want to get laid, of course I'm going to tell a woman whatever she wants to hear!

..I'll be creating the cure for cancer since I'm the educated one, you piece of shit!"

Slow down, genius, you're going to need get past the 6th grade level of education you are operating on (I can tell). (In reality, you'll just end up popping out some puppies from 3 different fathers & work at Wal-Mart.:)

How do you explain standardized testing? How is it women score just as well as men on the ACT and SAT? Is there some secret society where women are given all of the answers? Because, as a mooching member of society, I'd love to get ahead of the competition in any way possible (even if it means bribing the test administrator)

And hate to disapoint you, but I don't read any of those magazines on the blog. I enjoy activities other than shopping (writing, reading ohmy.gif & theatre) and gossiping about other girls.

If they're going to insult every person who challenges their opinion (and not just the ones who insulted them first), then is there really any point of posting a controversial blog? Obviously, not everyone is going to agree.

reality2008
post Aug 20 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #23

QUOTE(xoxo_proud @ Aug 20 2008, 06:38 PM) *
Sorry but I can't take anyone who says things like this seriously
How do you explain standardized testing? How is it women score just as well as men on the ACT and SAT? Is there some secret society where women are given all of the answers? Because, as a mooching member of society, I'd love to get ahead of the competition in any way possible (even if it means bribing the test administrator)

And hate to disapoint you, but I don't read any of those magazines on the blog. I enjoy activities other than shopping (writing, reading ohmy.gif & theatre) and gossiping about other girls.

If they're going to insult every person who challenges their opinion (and not just the ones who insulted them first), then is there really any point of posting a controversial blog? Obviously, not everyone is going to agree.

Simple, dear, my father has been working in the educational system since 1963, first as a high school teacher for 25 years & then now is still teaching as a professor at a major university... and he's been explaining to me for 15 years now how ALL of the educational standards have been lowered to accomodate girls & minorities. Don't even take his word for it- you've got to stop being so tiny minded and realize that the U.S. ranks very, very low in education on an international scale!

The U.S. has become a joke because of all of the scoial engineering. Our high schools, colleges, & universities have become nothing but a hollow shell of themselves- nothing more than propaganda centers- churning out 22-year olf females with worthless liberal arts degrees that get them nowhere in the real world, thus the high rate of secretaries & office assistants. Trust me, I live in a college town & i meet them everyday (& work with them- unfortunately- they all have FU attitudes & a false sense of superiority with no substance or any corresponding intelligence to the world in which they live- they know nothing, except political correctness) You're never going to hear any of this anywhere in the media, because the news always has to be P.C. & someone (just like you) is going to become 'offended' by the truth. God, what a miserable world we now live in.

You're willing to bribe a test administrator just to get ahead? Well, there you go- there are your morals & that is so typical, and thus why so many are so dumbed down.

So then what do you read? iVillage? Enlighten me.

brooklyneast05
post Aug 20 2008, 08:40 PM
Post #24

I'm Jc

^lol wow

QUOTE(reality2008 @ Aug 20 2008, 05:21 PM) *
Goddamm, just how pathetically stupid would someone have to be to actually think daycare is good for a child as opposed to staying at home during the day with their mother? Anyone with just basic common sense would know what's better. If you're that retarded, I'm surprized you can even read and write. I suppose it could also be your brainwashing- I read a lot about how people your age are so dumbed down they can't even leave mommy's house. Still live with mommy, don't you?

no, i actually live about 1,500 miles from my mother, thanks.

Rogue_Ewok
post Aug 20 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #25

Flamebow

The U.S. has become a joke because of all of the scoial engineering. Our high schools, colleges, & universities have become nothing but a hollow shell of themselves- nothing more than propaganda centers- churning out 22-year olf females with worthless liberal arts degrees that get them nowhere in the real world, thus the high rate of secretaries & office assistants.

Actually, the better a society does is based on how equal minded the sexes are. take the Scandanavian countries for instance, their government, education, and work standards are rated in the top 5 out of the whole world. This is because the sexes are treated almost perfectly equal, mom and dad share the same gender roles. if we raised our children to be this way there would be no more bigotry from men towards women, we'd all respect one another.

Also, reality2008, you keep mentioning the media and how its dumbiong down America. You are absolutely right! The women you see on tv do not represent real women at all. Real women are not dumb or ditzy, or all bitchy and catty.

One day women will be equal, with all the great jobs you keep saying we dont want (We want them but the dominant men in society keep using their resources to keep us from climbing the ladder of success. Ever heard of the glass ceiling?) and you will have to shut up and take it. So why dont you go back to b or something you troll.

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: