post Dec 9 2007, 10:29 PM
Post #126

Cornflakes :D

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 322,923

Hey Everyone,

The community guidelines have been updated with the following rules:
Making Multiple Accounts:

Creating multiple accounts without permission is NOT allowed. Depending on the severity of the situation, anyone who is caught doing this will receive punishment, which may include raised warning level, mod preview, disabled posting, or a banned account. All duplicate accounts will immediately be disabled.

Posting Pictures
If found posting pictures of other memebers in order to demean them, the image will be removed and you will have an increased warning and if needed put on mod preview.

A separate post should be give to explain spam. You can also find these definitions in the Forum Rules in the Lounge.
Spam is/are:
Spam in the Resource Center:
  • Anything not pertaining or contributing to the topic (i.e., "South Park is the bestest show ever, no?" in a topic about, say, Myspace codes)
  • Chatting --> Some is tolerated but personal conversations and chatspeak is in no way allowed. Use the chatroom. That's what it's there for.
  • Posting the same topic in more than one forum. Accidents happen but it's spam if it's done repeatedly. There is a place for everything.
  • N.B. It is fine if one or two word posts are made in response to yes or no questions but don't do this for the sake of being annoying.
Spam in the Community Center:
  • Anything not pertaining or contributing to the topic (i.e., "South Park is the bestest show ever, no?" in a topic about, say, Myspace codes)
  • Chatting --> Some is tolerated but personal conversations and chatspeak is in no way allowed. Use the chatroom. That's what it's there for.
  • Blatant ignorance of forum/topic rules (i.e., Member Photos: there's a rule that you must thumb pictures that stretch out the forums, and if you keep doing it after you're warned, it is considered spam, or warning-worthy)
  • Repetitive posts (i.e., in Introductions, copying and pasting "Welcome to cB, and enjoy your stay!" for each thread)
  • Posting the same topic in more than one forum. Accidents happen but it's spam if it's done repeatedly. There is a place for everything.
  • Double-posting --> Wait until someone makes a new post after yours before you make a reply in that same topic. If you wish to add on to your previous post, use the Edit link at the bottom of your reply.
Any rules and guidelines posted separately from the community guidelines (ie: pinned topics) are included as well.

Also please keep in mind that the By-laws have been removed.

Any questions please leave them here.

Posts in this topic
2 Pages V  < 1 2

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: