Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
when people preach to you
chococat15
post Feb 15 2006, 08:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 299,326

does it annoy you when you say something that someone doesn't like and they preach to you about why it's bad? i said the word "hate" the other day, and this girl was like, " mad.gif hating is bad. don't say that. that means the same thing as saying you want to kill someone or cause harm to them." stubborn.gif ugh. we were in school and the teachers are all like, "don't talk about religion or preach in school." do people ever preach to you?

illumineering
post Feb 15 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #2

I love Havasupai

Member No: 163,878

No. I'll change the subject, tell the person that I respect their views, but don't share them or walk away. Life's too short to listen to stuff you don't want to hear.

Anielka
post Feb 16 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #3

mac & zee.

Member No: 376,265

They try. And when they finish I'm just like "Okay." and they're like "That's IT?!"

"Yeah."

NoSex
post Feb 16 2006, 04:39 PM
Post #4

in the reverb chamber.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 300,308

I actually enjoy people preaching to me. So long as they allow time for rebuttle.

laugh.gif

*Blow_Don't_SUCK*
post Feb 16 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #5

If someone who I think doesn't deserve my respect preaches to me, it gets irritating, but if it's someone I look up to and deserves my respect, I listen very carefully to the lectures and preaches.

*kryogenix*
post Feb 16 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(Acid Bath Slayer @ Feb 16 2006, 4:39 PM)
I actually enjoy people preaching to me. So long as they allow time for rebuttle.

laugh.gif

I agree with this.

*swtcherriipie*
post Feb 16 2006, 04:49 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(kryogenix @ Feb 16 2006, 5:48 PM)
I agree with this.

What he said.

o0olaalaa
post Feb 16 2006, 07:50 PM
Post #8

ladybugs are hot <3

Member No: 93,802

its funny when they do happy.gif

*ainami*
post Feb 16 2006, 08:38 PM
Post #9

It only bothers me when people specifically say things about what I have said to start something. People know I'm extremely argumentative, so they do it for their own amusement when I start explaining how I feel about what they said. Then they are like, "Dude, chill."

Which doesn't make any sense to me. I am indeed "chill" when I argue.

People are strange.

Paradox of Life
post Feb 17 2006, 05:58 PM
Post #10

My name's Katt. Nice to meet you!

Member No: 93,674

People always preach to me. My school is 99% Christian. There's one Jew in the whole school. And around 3 Atheists. Anyone that doesn't join in their religious practices (our school has been sued for having mandatory Christian assemblies) is a victim of preaching. I am preached to through my Xanga, in real life, pretty much everywhere and mostly because I refuse to take a religion (especially Christanity). How do I respond to it? If I'm in a good mood, I'll try to change the subject, ignore them, or ask them to stop talking to me. If I'm in a bad mood, I'll verbally and possibly physically maim them. Preaching without consent sucks, but there are those little hobos out there that have nothing better to do but try to 'spread their all-knowingness' to the world, and you just have to ignore them...

*iNyCxShoRT*
post Feb 17 2006, 06:00 PM
Post #11

QUOTE(illumineering @ Feb 15 2006, 10:27 PM) *
No. I'll change the subject, tell the person that I respect their views, but don't share them or walk away. Life's too short to listen to stuff you don't want to hear.
^ I second that. Sometimes, I guess I just take it and move on, ya know?

sheepy
post Feb 18 2006, 10:31 PM
Post #12

dizzy me up.

Member No: 11,139

well it depends on what they're 'preaching' about, if i think that what they're saying is only trying to benefit me and not trying to make me stupid i'll listen. and i think people should be open minded and see things from different perspectives anyways.

Mulder
post Feb 19 2006, 12:36 AM
Post #13

i lost weight with Mulder!

Group: Official Designer
Member No: 79,019

ive know some pretty funny comebacks, so bring on the preachin'.

its still really annoying though.

im not a "heathen" and I dont want to be "saved"

misoshiru
post Feb 19 2006, 08:43 AM
Post #14

yan lin♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 13,627

there used to be a lot of mormons in my area going around knocking on people's doors and preaching to them. i heard from my friend that they used to give people the mormon bibles as well. AND, they could speak in chinese, taiwanese and english, so it was really hard to get away from them.

*Weird addiction*
post Feb 19 2006, 09:30 AM
Post #15

What should we debate about?

Anyways, it's annoying.

aznxdreamer
post Mar 9 2006, 11:24 PM
Post #16

to hell with you

Member No: 16,506

if you see two dressed up men riding on bikes with little backpacks on, those are mormons that go door to door giving people bibles. its funny.

hangfire
post Mar 12 2006, 04:58 AM
Post #17

Member No: 381,827

QUOTE(Paradox of Life @ Feb 17 2006, 5:58 PM) *
People always preach to me. My school is 99% Christian. There's one Jew in the whole school. And around 3 Atheists. Anyone that doesn't join in their religious practices (our school has been sued for having mandatory Christian assemblies) is a victim of preaching. I am preached to through my Xanga, in real life, pretty much everywhere and mostly because I refuse to take a religion (especially Christanity). How do I respond to it? If I'm in a good mood, I'll try to change the subject, ignore them, or ask them to stop talking to me. If I'm in a bad mood, I'll verbally and possibly physically maim them. Preaching without consent sucks, but there are those little hobos out there that have nothing better to do but try to 'spread their all-knowingness' to the world, and you just have to ignore them...

Just like the university where i'm currently studying. Verrrryyyy Catholic and very discreet about everything that can possibly hurt their damn Catholic reputation:mad: the good thing is it's the student's choice whether s/he wants to attend mass or not, unlike highschool where i had to endure the deadly heat of the auditorium during mass. Not against Catholics or anything, just don't like it when they preach to people who are not Catholics. stubborn.gif

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: