Reply to this topicStart new topic
we ask for some sympathies...
xj_liana_tx
post Dec 11 2004, 04:05 PM
Post #1

Group: Member
Member No: 51,665

ok since there are a lot of posts like "oh man i didn't make blah blah blah", and "oh no, i tripped myself with a rock and i fell into a sewer and now i smell"... let's just put these all together here so we can demand sympathies legally(wth??).

yeah ok, so like we have finals next week right?? and that's my only bet for my first set of grades in high school, and i am really stressed out because i have 2 A-s currently and since A-s counts against my grade i need to get a lot of A+s to cancel them out,and i thhought that i was going to get A+ in french but then i am 2 points off and that means i ned to get 120 on my french final which is not really possible, and i thought i got A+ in history but i didn't because i am .5 off, and i think i have to write an essay on john locke's book to get some extra credit, and then i thought i got A+ in band but then NOOOO, we need 120 in that class to do it... and IF I DON'T HAVE ALL A'S I CAN'T GET 4.0!!!! AND I REALLY WANT TO PROVE TO MY PARENTS THAT I CAN DO IT AND SINCE MY BIRTHDAY IS RIGHT AFTER THE FINALS, IT GIVES ME PREVILEGE TO GET WAT I WANT!!!
also, i went to my first debate tournament today and everyone else has been doing debate for at lesat 3 times, and i didn't break because i won 2 and lost 2... i couldve been doing my essay for lit! i really wanteed to win!

sympathies for me please.

iheartsimba
post Dec 11 2004, 04:17 PM
Post #2

kristin

Member No: 3,985

i'm sorry? ermm.gif

*tweeak*
post Dec 11 2004, 04:18 PM
Post #3

how do you intend to get straight A's when you cant spell? blink.gif

emmalie
post Dec 11 2004, 04:46 PM
Post #4

love sucks...big time jessir..

Member No: 1,644

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 11 2004, 4:18 PM)

imaoo

HelloSunshine
post Dec 11 2004, 04:48 PM
Post #5

High Voltage!∞

Group: Official Member
Member No: 29,157

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 11 2004, 1:18 PM)

aww be nice, I have to get all A's too...i have a 4.0 GPA, then again I'm only in 6th and High School's much harder. It's hard to get a 4.0 i suggest just study alot....and that doesn't mean like day and night, so you don't have time to go on the computer tongue.gif but try your hardest...flowers.gif good luck! oh, happy early b-day!!

*tweeak*
post Dec 11 2004, 04:53 PM
Post #6

look, i was able to get stratight A's throughout elementary and middle school, but high school, as long as youre not taking like CP classes, is a whole lot harder. if you cant spell or write correctly, or even near correctly, youre skrewed. sure, if i took easier classes, i could get straight A's too, but alas, it does not work that way. im not being mean, im being realistic. if she is actually concerned about this 4.0, shes not improving her skills by typing like that.

xj_liana_tx
post Dec 11 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #7

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 11 2004, 4:53 PM)
look, i was able to get stratight A's throughout elementary and middle school, but high school, as long as youre not taking like CP classes, is a whole lot harder. if you cant spell or write correctly, or even near correctly, youre skrewed. sure, if i took easier classes, i could get straight A's too, but alas, it does not work that way. im not being mean, im being realistic. if she is actually concerned about this 4.0, shes not improving her skills by typing like that.

i know how to WRITE correctly, i just don't feel like going throu every single words and type correctly, i am not in CP if you mean college prep, i take all gifted

*tweeak*
post Dec 11 2004, 05:05 PM
Post #8

and youre in what grade? i understand not sometimes using abbreviations, but your posts are quite often unintelligable, and im sorry to say that i have a hard time believing that you take all gifted. honors, maybe, but gifted? thats a bit of a stretch

angel-roh
post Dec 12 2004, 08:17 AM
Post #9

i'm susan

Group: Official Member
Member No: 5,029

just try your best, don't think negatives too much. work hard. don't hangout with friends until you study your best.

yeseulx3
post Dec 12 2004, 10:39 AM
Post #10

Ah, mon Dieu !

Member No: 16,587

you have my sympathy.

sammi rules you
post Dec 12 2004, 11:05 AM
Post #11

WWMD?! - i am from the age of BM 2

Member No: 8,848

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 11 2004, 4:05 PM)
and youre in what grade? i understand not sometimes using abbreviations, but your posts are quite often unintelligable, and im sorry to say that i have a hard time believing that you take all gifted. honors, maybe, but gifted? thats a bit of a stretch

aren't they the same thing?

man i'm in all honors and we only have two honors classes..and there's no other thing..=/

and yea, sorry, but your posts seem as if you are not that intelligent offline. your online self should portray your offline self.

waccoon
post Dec 12 2004, 11:15 AM
Post #12

We are the cure.

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 1,456

QUOTE(Vaguely Aware @ Dec 12 2004, 11:05 AM)

man i'm in all honors and we only have two honors classes..and there's no other thing..=/

and yea, sorry, but your posts seem as if you are not that intelligent offline. your online self should portray your offline self.

Why should it?
There's a girl who sits behind me in english. She's smart, and when we were writing notes, she wrote 'lolz are u sure u shouldnt be a junior?'

*tweeak*
post Dec 12 2004, 11:34 AM
Post #13

QUOTE(Vaguely Aware @ Dec 12 2004, 11:05 AM)

huh? the thing in my sig is a quote, not an insult. i wasnt saying that youre not smart if youre not in honors or gifted either, by any means. but no, gifted and honors are not the same thing. and my online self not portaying my offline self? not really. there more than one side to people. the main difference is that im more modest offline. if my online self really doesnt reflect my offline self, how do you intend to tell, seeing as i dont know you offline?

oh wait, were you referring to lettterletter_liana_letterletter on the last part? i agree. i realize not all smart people are going to use full words, the person with like the 5th highest grades in my grade types like a moron sometimes, but at least her ideas and sentences were coherent

mirage
post Dec 12 2004, 01:12 PM
Post #14

Smile Like a Retard =D

Member No: 63,186

my school sucks. Half the school is in honor which means nothing, and there's no gifted programs of any kind. So shsat is my big break to get out of my school and finally have a better education. 4.0 um... it's pretty easy right now cuz i am in middle school, but i will probably drop so much when i go to high school. well, i feel sorry for you, hope you did good on your other subjects to pull your grade up. _smile.gif

Just_Dream
post Dec 12 2004, 01:53 PM
Post #15

durian

Member No: 3,860

I'll have to agree with tweak... xj_jiana_tx (right?), you shoudl type more coherently. I'm not saying you don't have the capacity to, because I believe you CAN be able to, but the way you post things would really confuse others. I'm starting to doubt your post as well.

Back in middle school I used to type "incoherently," but now it's high school. You realize that the more you type "in slang" and in abbreviations, the more it MIGHT affect your writing skills. I know some that what they type or write (in letters and whatnot) won't affect them, but I know plenty who have been affected. In essays, they might accidentally put "u" or "yooh." On accident.

And all A+'s? Um.. I don't think the scholarship marks would really affect yoru grades. On my progress report, any A+'s don't show, even though I have a 101.5+ % (percent) in AP Biology. Now maybe if you were in college, it might actually boost yoru grade up, I believe.

And xj_jiana_tx, what do you mean college prep? I thought all "CP" classes were "gifted." I mean, all my classes were gifted (there are some exceptions, such as spanish because we don't have gifted spanish, or gifted P.E. or gifted computer literacy), but next to the class subject, it either said HP or CP.

*tweeak*
post Dec 12 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #16

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Dec 12 2004, 1:53 PM)
And xj_jiana_tx, what do you mean college prep? I thought all "CP" classes were "gifted." I mean, all my classes were gifted (there are some exceptions, such as spanish because we don't have gifted spanish, or gifted P.E. or gifted computer literacy), but next to the class subject, it either said HP or CP.

i agree with everything else you said as well, but it was easier to take it out of the quote

in my school, CP classes are the lowest on the college bound diploma

tech (separate diploma) -> cp -> honors -> gifted, which you have to test into

all classes except electives have those levels, but gifted classes are pretty restricted, and sometimes, gifted kids dont get into the right classes just because theres not room

*x____duckii*
post Dec 12 2004, 02:01 PM
Post #17

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Dec 12 2004, 2:53 PM)
I'll have to agree with tweak... xj_jiana_tx (right?), you shoudl type more coherently. I'm not saying you don't have the capacity to, because I believe you CAN be able to, but the way you post things would really confuse others. I'm starting to doubt your post as well.

Yeah, I kind of have to agree. Her posts sometimes confuse me by the way she types.

xj_liana_tx
post Dec 12 2004, 03:50 PM
Post #18

ok sorry, i'll try to type more intellegently (i probably spelled that wrong)

Just_Dream
post Dec 12 2004, 03:52 PM
Post #19

durian

Member No: 3,860

QUOTE(tweeak @ Dec 12 2004, 3:00 PM)
i agree with everything else you said as well, but it was easier to take it out of the quote

in my school, CP classes are the lowest on the college bound diploma

tech (separate diploma) -> cp -> honors -> gifted, which you have to test into

all classes except electives have those levels, but gifted classes are pretty restricted, and sometimes, gifted kids dont get into the right classes just because theres not room

Gifted? Like.. gifted Seminar? I was in seminar for 6,7, and 8th grade (middle school. But since there wasn't really any room and I said that I didn't have a 99.9% on a test, they put me on a waiting list. I never got in because there's no room.. :[

*tweeak*
post Dec 12 2004, 04:04 PM
Post #20

QUOTE(Just_Dream @ Dec 12 2004, 3:52 PM)
Gifted? Like.. gifted Seminar? I was in seminar for 6,7, and 8th grade (middle school. But since there wasn't really any room and I said that I didn't have a 99.9% on a test, they put me on a waiting list. I never got in because there's no room.. :[

i dont know what seminar is, but in elementary school its called focus, and probe in middle school for us. you take some test and if you got in like the 99th percentile or something like that, you can be in the special classes or whatever. i got in in first grade, so i dont really know anymore. im only in gifted lit, and history now though, because spanish was full and i couldnt fit it into my schedual, and i make Bs in math and science, so they took me out of them

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: