Log In · Register

 
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Alice in Wonderland, Tim Burton style
carriestar44
post Aug 3 2009, 07:59 PM
Post #101


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Jun 2009
Member No: 733,936



hes definitely going to put an interesting touch on this movie, i mean its already kinda dark and twisty so itll be interesting to see how he interprets and does this movie!
 
datass
post Aug 3 2009, 08:07 PM
Post #102


(′ ・ω・`)
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 6,179
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 72,477



i do agree the whole tim burton + johnny depp + helena bonham carter trio is a bit too much.
 
none345678
post Aug 3 2009, 08:10 PM
Post #103


Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll
*******

Group: People Staff
Posts: 5,305
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 596,480



I think those two actors work well together though. The fit perfect for Sweeny Todd
 
smash
post Aug 7 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #104


f your couch
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,089
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 491,301




this looks like it's going to be spectacular. but i don't think i'm pleased with the Cheshire Cat. i wonder what they've done with the caterpillar.
 
goth-nina
post Sep 9 2009, 05:31 PM
Post #105


don't call me shirley.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 193
Joined: Oct 2008
Member No: 689,028



Oh stop it. rolleyes.gif

I'm willing to watch it. Liked the way he changed the story a bit. I totally understand why people dislike his films, especially his partnership with Depp. I don't blame you one bit. But even you have to admit...it's pretty damn awesome their collaboration in films are very creative.
 
moorepocket
post Sep 9 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #106


Death is a promise given to us at birth
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,757
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,459



i wondered what rebecca think of this trailer.
 
itskamanstar
post Sep 9 2009, 10:49 PM
Post #107


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 91
Joined: Mar 2008
Member No: 633,509



Forgive me if this has been said since I skimmed the comments...

... but this movie is actually a sequel. Despite the title and pre-concpetions, it is a direct sequel to the original. Hence her being much older. She has to go back to Wonderland to go on a quest, to save everybody.
 
NoSex
post Sep 9 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #108


in the reverb chamber.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 4,022
Joined: Nov 2005
Member No: 300,308



QUOTE(schizo @ Jul 31 2009, 10:31 AM) *
And I hate people who can't step down from their high horse long enough to just sit back and enjoy a flashy movie with little substance once in awhile.


dude, i like john waters, sexploitation films, and pee wee's big adventure. don't make presumptions about my taste in cinema or how i watch movies, cause you just come out looking like you don't know shit.


QUOTE(schizo @ Jul 31 2009, 10:59 PM) *
I'm not afraid to admit that I'm somehow entranced by it every time.


you were "entranced" by planet of the apes?
 
xXxNekogalxXx
post Oct 4 2009, 12:33 PM
Post #109


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 534,790



tim burton is awesome.
he's gonna kick ass with alice.
i mean the original WD was crap :S
 
superstitious
post Oct 4 2009, 01:46 PM
Post #110


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



QUOTE(xXxNekogalxXx @ Oct 4 2009, 12:33 PM) *
tim burton is awesome.
he's gonna kick ass with alice.
i mean the original WD was crap :S

I am totally for differences in opinion, but I have to ask. Why exactly do you think Tim Burton is awesome, why do you think he would kick ass with Alice in Wonderland and why do you think the original "WD" (I'm not really sure what that is) is crap? Inquiring mind wants to know.
 
none345678
post Oct 4 2009, 02:27 PM
Post #111


Sex, Blood, & RocknRoll
*******

Group: People Staff
Posts: 5,305
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 596,480



I assume WD is Walt Disney? Which is bullshit because that movie was f*cking awesome.
 
superstitious
post Oct 4 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #112


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



QUOTE(IWontRapeYou @ Oct 4 2009, 02:27 PM) *
I assume WD is Walt Disney? Which is bullshit because that movie was f*cking awesome.

Oh. haha. That makes sense. Yeah, I thought that Alice in Wonderland was one of Disney's better animated films.
 
hypnotique
post Oct 4 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #113


Live long and prosper.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 5,525
Joined: Nov 2006
Member No: 478,024



QUOTE(superstitious @ Jul 31 2009, 04:03 PM) *
Eh, kind of have to side with Nate on this (minus hating sixteen year-olds, although I have met some pretty annoying ones haha). There are very few Burton films I enjoy, and it has nothing to do with the lack of content. I mean, I like Xanadu and Clash of the Titans, for goodness sake. I think that he has regurgitated his "material" and "style" so often that I can smell the vomit before entering a movie theater to see a film of his.

That and the whole casting incest he does gets flat out boring. I get it, he loves Johnny and Helena. Both of them, outside of Burton films I like. It's really odd. I also understand that he's not the only director to do this. Apatow constantly re-casts the fam. However, he at least mixes things up by changing lead roles and such. And on a side note, he's getting boring to me now as well for similar reasons. NEW MATERIAL, folks. Please.

I just wish that there would be an Alice in Wonderland, grounded in more realism than surrealism. That would make it actually creepy, instead of schtick-y. Lewis Carroll was sort of a creepy dude. We've already seen Alice in Wonderland done via zany. And must I remind people of the tragedy that was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? OH GOD.


ILY throb.gif
 
slipper
post Oct 5 2009, 01:21 AM
Post #114


Senior Member
******

Group: Human
Posts: 1,152
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 2,239



OMG! thats soooo cool. the pictures looks amazing on imdb.
 

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: