Log In · Register

 
 
Closed TopicStart new topic
Stuck. Dx, Layout isn't going anywhere.
fairytale-magic
post Dec 7 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #1


SNOW TACO.
***

Group: Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 2007
Member No: 603,770





I've got that.

And then I'm stuck.

I don't know what I want to do with it. ;_;

It was supposed to be a MySpace layout but I drew a blank about where I wanted the content and navigation to go.

Help?
 
schizo
post Dec 7 2008, 05:40 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 2,435
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 506,205



Moved to Graphics Help.
 
manny-the-dino
post Dec 7 2008, 10:58 PM
Post #3


Senior Member
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,629
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 498,468



Well it's really plain right now. Also the text placement could be better. Maybe moving it out of the way would look better. As far as your blending goes, it isn't working, tbh. It looks like you blended 3 images, correct? Try actually blending them using the eraser instead of the gradient tool. Maybe if you add something to the background it wouldn't look so plain. Just try looking at the layouts here to get some ideas/inspiration. Or really analyze your images & see how you want to edit them.
 
ForgiveTheSinner
post Dec 8 2008, 12:47 AM
Post #4


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 488,341



If you're lazy and don't want to edit the picture anymore just add a white box underneath the banner for the textarea and navigation.

I see it all the time, IMO it's lazy but whatever you want to do...
 
fairytale-magic
post Dec 8 2008, 09:22 AM
Post #5


SNOW TACO.
***

Group: Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Dec 2007
Member No: 603,770



QUOTE(ForgiveTheSinner @ Dec 7 2008, 11:47 PM) *
If you're lazy and don't want to edit the picture anymore just add a white box underneath the banner for the textarea and navigation.

I see it all the time, IMO it's lazy but whatever you want to do...


I'm not that lazy, I'm just stuck.

I'll edit it more, if you have any suggestions, but I don't know exactly what I want to do to it.

Manny:
Manny, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. x_x;

I DID use the eraser tool. I don't use the gradient tool for the pictures.

I use PaintShop, not PhotoShop. .___.

I was planning on adding something to the background, fading the image into it, but I didn't know how I wanted to do it.
 
Mikeplyts
post Dec 8 2008, 04:37 PM
Post #6


Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 6,371
Joined: Aug 2008
Member No: 676,291



Uhh..I would reconsider moving the text around a bit and resize the text too. As for the "dissapear" part, I would make it fade into a lighter color instead of making it fade to where it becomes transparent. I would also use some kind of border effect around the banner.

Oh, and btw, manny-the-dino's name is Natalia. _smile.gif
 
manny-the-dino
post Dec 8 2008, 06:28 PM
Post #7


Senior Member
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,629
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 498,468



QUOTE(sillylittle-fairytale @ Dec 8 2008, 06:22 AM) *
Manny:[/b] Manny, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about. x_x;

I DID use the eraser tool. I don't use the gradient tool for the pictures.

I use PaintShop, not PhotoShop. .___.

I was planning on adding something to the background, fading the image into it, but I didn't know how I wanted to do it.

Lol. You have no idea what I'm talking about in general or what?

Hmm, did you set the eraser's hardness to zero? Try setting it to 100 & blend the images together. Because right now it just looks awkward with so much going on. Don't be afraid to make your canvas bigger to spread your images out.
 
NaShae
post Dec 8 2008, 07:12 PM
Post #8


-N[dot]Shae-
***

Group: Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 668,276



Hmmm. I'd play with the placement of the text. And the dimensions of the image. . .it just seems awkward.
The whole idea seems cool. . .. As far as where to place your content and nav. . .Ummm. The nav could go at either side of the picture. And content? I dunno, I'd use two-three columns.
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: