Log In · Register

 
17 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Official Heroes Fan Club, Version IV
berrypop90
post Oct 20 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #151


Jooleeah <3
*****

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 687
Joined: Jun 2008
Member No: 662,481



Just watched the new episode. Hiro & Sylar = throb.gif
Mohinder's one crazy ass mofo. Poor Maya, girl can't get a break.
You know, not much got done in this most recent episode. It was really slow. Hopefully next week is better. Peter's powers got taken away by his horrible father! Bastard.
 
shanaynay
post Oct 20 2008, 09:39 PM
Post #152


Has a PhD in horribleness
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 866
Joined: Sep 2008
Member No: 686,301



I thought it was awesome. but mostly hiro getting hit a few times made me laugh.
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #153


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



Well. That explains a lot. No, I'm serious. Regarding Arthur Petrelli. It's safe to believe that Sylar and Peter and Nathan are really brothers.
 
Tung
post Oct 21 2008, 12:17 PM
Post #154


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



Only Sylar can stop Arthur Petrelli now!!!
 
superstitious
post Oct 21 2008, 12:31 PM
Post #155


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



QUOTE(hi-C @ Oct 21 2008, 12:16 PM) *
Well. That explains a lot. No, I'm serious. Regarding Arthur Petrelli. It's safe to believe that Sylar and Peter and Nathan are really brothers.

I never really questioned it. xD I love how Sylar is a momma's boy now. Actually, I just love Sylar period.


I was wtfing at Adam Monroe. He was one of my FAVORITES GODDAMMIT.

So I guess that makes Arty a Rogue type (from X-Men). Or the Anti-Peter?
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 12:38 PM
Post #156


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



That upset me too, I love David Anders!

I don't think that makes him the Anti-Peter. It's just... Peter's power, reinterpreted. Arthur is like Peter + Sylar, with the power absorbing and the destructiveness. Unless you mean "anti" like the whole foil thing. Hmmm... Sylar's still more of an anti-Peter than Arthur is, IMO.

Hey... if Sylar had figured out Peter's power, wouldn't that have made him lose his "hunger"? Or would he not need to figure it out since the two powers cancel each other out?

Edit: That's bullshit, how are they going to kill the unkillable man?

And does that make Peter completely normal or did Arthur just absorb the powers that Peter had learned, leaving his first power behind?
 
superstitious
post Oct 21 2008, 12:54 PM
Post #157


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



Oh I meant in the idea of anti being opposite (of Peter).

If he were to only absorb Peter's learned abilities and leave his inherent ability, than Adam would not have crumbled since he took Adam's inherent ability (of regen). So I think that he completely Rogue's it (absorbs all abilities) minus Rogue's life force absorption. lol I read too many comics. haha

I'm not sure if I've imagined this, but it seems like the clock ticking noise that accompanies Sylar sometimes has completely stopped and I could swear it played while Peter was on screen or something. I'll need to re-watch the last 3 episodes. If so, then I would say that Sylar has control over his hunger, perhaps due to him learning Peter's behavior and the empath has, in turn absorbed Sylar's ability with all it's grotesque side effects (the hunger).

So would that mean that Peter's pop would have that hunger? Because, that dude's an ass as it is. lol
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 01:18 PM
Post #158


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 21 2008, 01:54 PM) *
I'm not sure if I've imagined this, but it seems like the clock ticking noise that accompanies Sylar sometimes has completely stopped and I could swear it played while Peter was on screen or something. I'll need to re-watch the last 3 episodes. If so, then I would say that Sylar has control over his hunger, perhaps due to him learning Peter's behavior and the empath has, in turn absorbed Sylar's ability with all it's grotesque side effects (the hunger).
You're right, it's only been happening with Peter lately. You know, since Sylar killed Jesse. But he didn't do the brain-y thing with Peter. Whenever you see him now, he's sitting in whatever lotus-Indian style position. I think it's more like he's practicing meditation instead of learning Peter's powers _unsure.gif

I'm looking forward to learning why Arthur faked his death/was incapacitated.
 
Tung
post Oct 21 2008, 01:21 PM
Post #159


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



That's stupid how Adam Monroe died. Shouldn't his powers just be sucked, and he as no more abilities? Wouldn't Peter turn to ashes too then? Heroes need to stay consistent.
 
superstitious
post Oct 21 2008, 01:43 PM
Post #160


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



Well, except that Peter is still young. There's a bit of a Dorian Gray aspect to Adam's demise. Once Adam's powers were removed, he returned to the form that he otherwise would have been (without his regenerative powers) - ashes.

Because I'm not sure who may or may not be familiar with Oscar Wilde's The Picture of Dorian Gray, I'll give some sparknotes:
http://www.sparknotes.com/lit/doriangray/facts.html
QUOTE
major conflict ˇ Dorian Gray, having promised his soul in order to live a life of perpetual youth, must try to reconcile himself to the bodily decay and dissipation that are recorded in his portrait.

QUOTE
falling action ˇ Dorian descends into London's opium dens; he attempts to express remorse to Lord Henry; he stabs his portrait, thereby killing himself.


Essentially, by destroying the portrait that embodied his own personal decay, he destroyed himself.

So by Adam having his powers taken away, he was returned to his natural state, if he had never had powers - death.
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 02:30 PM
Post #161


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



Damn, Becks. Gettin' all insightful on us. I would've never made that connection (AND I was an English major!).
 
Tung
post Oct 21 2008, 02:55 PM
Post #162


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



Lol Rebecca, that made sense. How'd you find all that time to find those, when you're at work huh?!

Anyways, hi-c, what does being an English major have to do with it?
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 03:00 PM
Post #163


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



Dorian Grey, one of the great works of fin de sičcle English literature by one of my favorite writers ever. I had to read it my junior year spring semester.
 
Tung
post Oct 21 2008, 03:02 PM
Post #164


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



^ Ah I see. Wait, did you say you WERE an English major? What and why did you change?

Back on topic. Who thought the Claire thing was stupid? She was going to try to stop him with a stupid one shot tazer? LOL
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 03:05 PM
Post #165


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



"Was" because I graduated in May.

I try to ignore everything with Claire these days. Except for last week, because that black hole dude was interesting.
 
Tung
post Oct 21 2008, 03:09 PM
Post #166


٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,309
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,593



really? i pay very close attention to claire if you know what I mean
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #167


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



She's built so awkwardly though, like a gymnast. An inverted triangle. And she ain't got no tits.

Edit: Is there such thing as a butter body?
 
superstitious
post Oct 21 2008, 03:14 PM
Post #168


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



LOL That's because I'm an in the closet literature snob. :p

I also read A LOT and my reading covers a lot of territory - both classic and contemporary literature, as well as comic books. I've found that Heroes draws a lot from many sources, which is why I find the writing ultimately endearing (despite patches of the mundane and illogical at times).

I was on break, Tung. Yeah. BREAK!

I sort of tune out when it comes to Claire, although I LOVE Meredith. She's a very interesting character and I wish that they would delve into her history more. Haha. Nathan sure loves the blondies.

The black hole guy freaked me out. The scene at the carousel had me on the edge of my seat, even though I knew that Sylar wasn't going to die. I mean, let's face it. Sylar dies, the show dies. That's my opinion, at least.

lol@"she ain't got no tits"
 
hi-C
post Oct 21 2008, 03:16 PM
Post #169


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



QUOTE(superstitious @ Oct 21 2008, 04:14 PM) *
I sort of tune out when it comes to Claire, although I LOVE Meredith. She's a very interesting character and I wish that they would delve into her history more. Haha. Nathan sure loves the blondies.
Except his ex-wife, but that explains a lot.
 
superstitious
post Oct 21 2008, 03:17 PM
Post #170


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



QUOTE(hi-C @ Oct 21 2008, 03:16 PM) *
Except his ex-wife, but that explains a lot.

No kidding. Marry the dark haired intellectual and elitist dark haired beauty but f**k the blondes. Sounds like a typical politician. whistling.gif
 
AsHlEy-N-aNdReW4...
post Oct 22 2008, 09:21 AM
Post #171


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Oct 2008
Member No: 692,883



Hey people wats up? I just watched that show for the first time on monday!!!!!!!I raelly liked it!!!!!!!!And i think its kool how she cant die!!!!!!I hope im talkin about the right show!!!!!!!!LOL im kinda loopy right now!!!!!!!!!lol dont ask!!!!!!!!
 
Joanne
post Oct 22 2008, 11:03 PM
Post #172



*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,156
Joined: Feb 2005
Member No: 95,404



HOLY FREAKING HELL. I just watched the episode. It was awesome. omfg.



And I read half of the recent posts..... Arthur Petrelli didn't only take Adam's power, but he also dehydrated him (that's why Adam cracked and died). There was a guy with that power in the Heroes graphic novels.

Okay, I just read Rebecca's post. That explains a lot!!

Meredith was pretty cool in this week's episode. She usually bugged me because she would also show off her power with that cocky look on her face.
 
hi-C
post Oct 25 2008, 11:54 AM
Post #173


Amberific.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,913
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,772



QUOTE(kreios @ Oct 25 2008, 06:35 AM) *
And we only saw him take the lightning from Peter.
Just because we saw him take lightning from Peter doesn't mean that he hasn't taken Peter's other powers. Peter automatically absorbs powers from specials he encounters. For example, Peter had Sylar's power from the first season, he just hadn't known how to access it. The question is if he took Peter's original power, which he probably has.

But if that's the case, Arthur is probably going to give Peter that formula because he can't stand people being normal (i.e. Nathan).
 
superstitious
post Oct 27 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #174


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



Ok, someone at NBC seriously needs to fire Hayden Panettiere. She's an utterly dreadful actress and is just killing the show for me right now.

I don't know what's worse, her lack of talent or the gallon of bleach they must have poured on her hair prior to filming tonight's episode.
 
Gryffindor-Girl
post Oct 27 2008, 09:03 PM
Post #175


An original Harry Potter fan
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,469
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 552,023



Wow all I have to say is that I HATE Arthur Petrelli!
 

17 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: