Log In · Register

 
 
Closed TopicStart new topic
Does anybody know of any website hosts that..., PHP
theerinkal
post Aug 31 2008, 10:00 PM
Post #1


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



I would like to know if anybody knows about any sites that
have free hosting and use PHP to edit their sites.

I host my domain now at freewebs (link to my site below)
and it is exhausting having to go through each folder then to each coding just to put a layout code up.

So I would like to host my domain there for a year but edit it at a different site.
I am thinking about 000webhost.com but I don't know if that is better than a PHP host.

I will go back to a subdomain host if I have to.
I hate freewebs. I don't know what I was thinking.
 
nikx618
post Aug 31 2008, 10:22 PM
Post #2


asdfghjkl;
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 1,121
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 665,416



t35.com
000webhost.com

check here for ratings
http://www.free-webhosts.com/user_reviews.php
 
theerinkal
post Aug 31 2008, 10:56 PM
Post #3


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



QUOTE(nikx618 @ Aug 31 2008, 10:22 PM) *
t35.com
000webhost.com

check here for ratings
http://www.free-webhosts.com/user_reviews.php


Thanks I have the perfect place!! But I would still love to hear what's out there.
 
fixtatik
post Aug 31 2008, 11:27 PM
Post #4


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,237
Joined: May 2008
Member No: 648,123



i replied to your other thread saying you can use PHP on freewebs. you just need to do it differently.

instead of using:
CODE
<?php
  PHP CODE
?>

you use:
CODE
<script language="php">
  PHP CODE
</script>
 
theerinkal
post Aug 31 2008, 11:35 PM
Post #5


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



QUOTE(fixtatik @ Aug 31 2008, 11:27 PM) *
i replied to your other thread saying you can use PHP on freewebs. you just need to do it differently.

instead of using:
CODE
<?php
   PHP CODE
?>

you use:
CODE
<script language="php">
   PHP CODE
</script>


will it show up on every page? (if you wanted the php code to be a layout)
 
fixtatik
post Aug 31 2008, 11:37 PM
Post #6


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,237
Joined: May 2008
Member No: 648,123



it works the same way as if you were using traditional PHP coding. it looks like javascript, but when you use <script language="php"></script> it doesn't show up to your users.
 
theerinkal
post Aug 31 2008, 11:43 PM
Post #7


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



QUOTE(fixtatik @ Aug 31 2008, 11:37 PM) *
it works the same way as if you were using traditional PHP coding. it looks like javascript, but when you use <script language="php"></script> it doesn't show up to your users.


so if I did that with only a code will I be able to add text just by adding pages and using < h4 > and things like that.

What I am trying to ask is if I did that for a code.htm page would that code show up on my index.html page?

------------------------------------------

I just tried it and It isn't showing the bottom of my layout.

I will keep it like that so you guys/gals can help me.
 
fixtatik
post Sep 1 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #8


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,237
Joined: May 2008
Member No: 648,123



actually, i think i'm taking back what i said. sorry =/
it may have been their old servers that had PHP installed on them, but they removed it.
 
theerinkal
post Sep 1 2008, 11:05 AM
Post #9


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



^^ that's ok
 
manny-the-dino
post Apr 2 2010, 01:00 PM
Post #10


Senior Member
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,629
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 498,468



Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please PM a moderator if you would like this reopened.
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: