Log In · Register

 
 
Closed TopicStart new topic
Can sum1 break the tutorial down..., 2 kindergarten terms?
dreamsbecomereal...
post Jul 12 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 666,978



every1, again i'm new n the tutorial given about the div needs 2 b broken down simpler 4 me. can sum1 help me? plz. ermm.gif
 
fredatemespleen
post Jul 12 2008, 10:46 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 351
Joined: Jul 2007
Member No: 543,127



i think this is much easier to learn from.
http://atomicaffliction.com/coding3.php

i learned from that and i made my very first div in less than an hour.
_smile.gif
 
dreamsbecomereal...
post Jul 12 2008, 10:59 PM
Post #3


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 666,978



QUOTE(dreamsbecomereality @ Jul 12 2008, 10:37 PM) *
every1, again i'm new n the tutorial given about the div needs 2 b broken down simpler 4 me. can sum1 help me? plz. ermm.gif
ok i'll give it a try. thnx
 
karmakiller
post Jul 12 2008, 11:05 PM
Post #4


DDR \\ I'm Dee :)
*******

Group: Mentor
Posts: 8,662
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 384,020



I think that the one here is pretty basic. I suggest reading over it once and then the second time, try making your layout as you follow the steps. If you get stuck at one of the steps, post it in this topic and someone will explain.
 
dreamsbecomereal...
post Jul 12 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #5


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 666,978



Second:

Customizing your profile.
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84325

I suggest using the 3rd one down, it explains what all parts do and such.
But mostly all you need to do is do the background color, scrollbar colors, border colors.
and link colors and text properties.

k i'm confused about this step. can sum1 help me out? rolleyes.gif
 
karmakiller
post Jul 13 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #6


DDR \\ I'm Dee :)
*******

Group: Mentor
Posts: 8,662
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 384,020



This topic breaks down what all those codes mean.

Make sure that you put <style> before your codes and </style> after them.

For changing the background color use this:
CODE
body {
background-color: ######;}
You can find color codes at places like this.

To change your scrollbar, use this:
CODE
scrollbar-arrow-color:000000;
scrollbar-track-color:000000;
scrollbar-shadow-color:000000;
scrollbar-face-color:000000;
scrollbar-highlight-color:000000;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:000000;
scrollbar-3dlight-color:000000;
Again, change the zeros to the colors you want.

Here's what each part of the code changes:


To add borders to your tables, use this:
CODE
table table { border: 0px }
table table table table{border:0px}
table, tr, td { background-color:transparent; border:none; border-width:0;}
table table table {border-style:solid;border-width:2px;border-color:000000;}
You can change the thickness of the border (1 being the thinnest and up from there.)

The text and CSS is explained in the topic I linked, but just incase.

QUOTE
Orangetext15: About Me and Who I'd Like to Meet text
Whitetext12: Interests, Contacting, Details, and Schools text.
Lightbluetext8: General, Music, Movies, Television, Books, Heroes, Status, Here for, Hometown, Ethnicity, Zodiac Sign, Smoke/Drink, Education, and Occupation
Text: Your headline, Age, that stuff.
Blacktext12: Date on comments
Blacktext10: Extended network text.
Redtext: Amount of friends and number
Redbtext: Has # friends and name's latest blog entry.


For the links:
CODE
a:active, a:visited, a:link {color:######;}
a:hover {color:######;}
a.navbar:active, a.navbar:visited, a.navbar:link {color:######;}
a.navbar:hover {color:######;}
a.redlink:active, a.redlink:visited, a.redlink:link {color:######;}
a.redlink:hover {color:######;}


And what those do are as follows, in the order of the lines above.
Regular Links
Regular links when you hove them
Navigation bar links
Navigation bar on hover
"view all friends"
"view all friends" hover.

You can also edit the text and so on in the links, I just didn't include that because it's a lot to type. But here's an example:
a.link{font:normal 9px arial; color:######; font-weight:none; border:0px; text-transform: none; line-height:12px;}

Hopefully that helped. Took me a while to type out.


 
iSbl
post Jul 13 2008, 04:55 AM
Post #7


"Because destiny, John, is a fickle bitch."
**

Group: Member
Posts: 14
Joined: Dec 2007
Member No: 596,907



Is there a tutorial on how to make a div overlay on your cB profile? If so, could I have a link to it? Thanks.
 
karmakiller
post Jul 13 2008, 01:33 PM
Post #8


DDR \\ I'm Dee :)
*******

Group: Mentor
Posts: 8,662
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 384,020



Can't stress checking the pinned topics first enough.

http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=142922
 
dreamsbecomereal...
post Jul 13 2008, 06:16 PM
Post #9


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 90
Joined: Jul 2008
Member No: 666,978



ty karma. it makes more sense now.
 
karmakiller
post Jul 13 2008, 07:32 PM
Post #10


DDR \\ I'm Dee :)
*******

Group: Mentor
Posts: 8,662
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 384,020



No problem. I'm going to go ahead and close this, but if you have any more questions you can PM me (and I can either help you, or re-open this topic.)
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: