f**king serious? |
![]() ![]() |
f**king serious? |
May 13 2008, 09:42 PM
Post
#101
|
|
![]() ;) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Duplicate Posts: 2,374 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 3,760 |
Blind follower? I think not. It's more like I know which battles to choose. And as for you being hypocritical -- maybe you should look at the bigger picture. Your penchant for throwing around, "it's just the internet!" type phrases versus your need to "advocate change" on just the internet are exceedingly hypocritical. Excuse me, but advocating change is something that I do. I do this in every aspect of my life - when there's something wrong, I try to fix it. If I see a problem with something, I'll bring it up. Yeah, this is just the internet, but for the most part, I use that phrase when people are getting extremely offended or angry as a way for them to put things in perspective. That said, I don't see the point in deciding to just follow whatever rules, however outdated or dumb they are, because this is just the internet. I challenge rules in school, life, classes, society, so why I can't I do it on the internet? The way I use my two ideas coincide and you're the one twisting them. |
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 03:00 PM
Post
#102
|
|
|
GD. <3 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 1,222 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 198,566 |
Regardless of its intent of use or context -- throwing around that it's just the internet implies that you don't take the internet that seriously.
If you weren't aware of that, maybe you should acquaint yourself with the implications of statements before you use them. Hence, throwing around that statement with the aforementioned implication and then advocating change regardless of whether it's what you do here, irl, in general, or on Sundays is a moot point -- you can't advocate change for something you don't take seriously or care about. And that was all pretty straight logic. No twist or turns involved. Pick one. |
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 03:18 PM
Post
#103
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 3,645 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 4,975 |
I like cheese.
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 05:16 PM
Post
#104
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
touchy
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 05:21 PM
Post
#105
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 3,645 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 4,975 |
f**k outta here
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:32 PM
Post
#106
|
|
![]() ;) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Duplicate Posts: 2,374 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 3,760 |
Oh, Anisha.
QUOTE you can't advocate change for something you don't take seriously or care about. Perhaps you're taking my "advocating change" a little bit too seriously. Advocate -(n) person supporting an idea or cause publicly. (v) to support idea or cause publicly. So yes, I do support change. I am all for change. I think change is something that progresses society and leads to new and wonderful thing. Yes, the internet is stupid and nobody should ever take it seriously. But what's the harm in pointing out rules that are outdated, make no sense, and do more harm than good? If somebody brings up a problem and calls for a change (which somebody has), and if I agree with what they say, of course I'll support them. It doesn't matter if this is regarding an issue in the Middle East, organized religion, gay rights, or even "just the internet." When I say "just the internet," I'm employing my right to do whatever the f**k amuses me within - and perhaps a bit over - the boundaries of the rules. I used it in defense of myself when someone told me I shouldn't do or say shit just because it amuses me, and I responded that nothing I say or do here will ever affect anybody or the world, which I still stand by. I used it to mean that there's really no deep, dark purpose for my existence on cB other than to have myself a good time. So maybe you should stop generalizing things I say and realize that words are usually spoken or written within a certain context. If you were talking about the color of clothes and said "I hate blacks," I wouldn't turn around and tell you that the term is generally noted as a racist remark and that you should be ashamed of yourself. That said, cB is a playground, just as the park two streets down is a playground. I don't give a shit about the park, but if there was a stupid rule like "do not jump," I'd probably question it's validity. If I learned that it was a rule that was written a million years ago when the world was flat and jumping would tip the earth over, leading to the deaths of all its inhabitants, and if people were still reinforcing said outdated rule and handing me warnings for jumping, I'd be pretty pissed. I don't have a problem with however you decide to choose your arguments, but I do have a problem with being called a hypocrite as well as being told that I should just sit down and accept stupid, out-dated rules. That said, I'm going to go with the option of "Anisha's dumbass logic, words, and points don't really matter to anybody except herself" and leave. Later, babe. |
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:34 PM
Post
#107
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
Regardless of its intent of use or context -- throwing around that it's just the internet implies that you don't take the internet that seriously. God you're damn annoying. Trying to own people with your intellect is actually getting quite old; we get enough from James. Just shut the fuck up already. You claim that you don't take stuff seriously, but then you come in and start a riot out of nowhere. Pin the blame on others all you want, but you do the same damn thing. You aren't the shit, nor are any of us. Give it up for once and let us do as we please. We don't criticize you for every minute thing you do, unless you bring something up that we do wrong.If you weren't aware of that, maybe you should acquaint yourself with the implications of statements before you use them. Hence, throwing around that statement with the aforementioned implication and then advocating change regardless of whether it's what you do here, irl, in general, or on Sundays is a moot point -- you can't advocate change for something you don't take seriously or care about. And that was all pretty straight logic. No twist or turns involved. Pick one. Uh, do whatever, Rebecca. I'm to lazy to reply to your PM. |
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:34 PM
Post
#108
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
Resolution: all of you should go get laid. and stay off your computer for a week. |
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:36 PM
Post
#109
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:38 PM
Post
#110
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
^ 2 weeks for you spencer you're going to suffer withdraw
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:40 PM
Post
#111
|
|
![]() ;) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Duplicate Posts: 2,374 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 3,760 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:40 PM
Post
#112
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
I never made claims to leave.
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:41 PM
Post
#113
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:42 PM
Post
#114
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
So, if I said that you should just stay off cB, would you accept my suggestion?
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:43 PM
Post
#115
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
^_^ because it was followed by a derrogatory comment. i didn't pay any mind to it the first time
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:43 PM
Post
#116
|
|
![]() Tick tock, Bill ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Administrator Posts: 8,764 Joined: Dec 2005 Member No: 333,948 |
Feedback discussion please
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:44 PM
Post
#117
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:46 PM
Post
#118
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:47 PM
Post
#119
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:49 PM
Post
#120
|
|
![]() Keep going...or be left behind. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 300 Joined: Feb 2008 Member No: 623,863 |
go to the lounge :P there's a topic waiting for you
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:49 PM
Post
#121
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 4,095 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 171,080 |
You'll get yours soon.
|
|
|
|
May 14 2008, 06:51 PM
Post
#122
|
|
![]() Tick tock, Bill ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Administrator Posts: 8,764 Joined: Dec 2005 Member No: 333,948 |
Well, the issue that was presented when the topic was created has been resolved. I didn't mind discussion, but it's now just spam time.
Closed/Moved to Resolve Spencer - PM me if you want this reopened for some reason. (Also, for those who might be curious, I did PM Spencer about closing this thread) |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |