interracial marriages. |
Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.
![]() ![]() |
interracial marriages. |
Mar 29 2008, 02:01 AM
Post
#226
|
|
![]() nicola ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 66 Joined: Mar 2008 Member No: 635,560 |
People should have the freedom to do whatever they want, so long as it is not infringing on anyone else's freedom or human rights.
Interracial marriage doesn't do either of these things, and it brings two different cultures together. Sounds fine to me. |
|
|
|
Mar 29 2008, 06:42 PM
Post
#227
|
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 16 Joined: Mar 2008 Member No: 635,733 |
Someone back there mentioned a lack of diversity. I don't think that will ever happen. Your culture is more than just your skin color or ethnicity. Where you grew up helps shape who you are. Color is just a built-in sunscreen. I see no harm in mixing. A lot of people call themselves african-american. That always bothered me. Africa is a continent, not a country. I'm no expert, but there are a lot of countries in Africa and I bet they're pretty diverse from one to another in culture. That would be like me saying I'm causasian rather than german and scottish. Why do people intermingle race with country? I guess my question is are we talking about race here or what country a person's ancestors come from?
I know a lot of families want to keep their gene pool "pure". I don't see that as racism necessarily. Not in the true sense. I think love has no color, and it's sad that some people marry someone who isn't their soulmate over something like this. I never look at color and could care less what race they are if I date them. I agree sometimes family can make things hard. I have no color preference. I love Denzel Washington just as much as Robert Plant. Sexiest men alive if you ask me |
|
|
|
Mar 29 2008, 07:04 PM
Post
#228
|
|
![]() I'm Jc ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Mentor Posts: 13,619 Joined: Jul 2006 Member No: 437,556 |
A lot of people call themselves african-american. That always bothered me. Africa is a continent, not a country. I'm no expert, but there are a lot of countries in Africa and I bet they're pretty diverse from one to another in culture. That would be like me saying I'm causasian rather than german and scottish. how are african americans supposed to be labeled according to where in africa they are from when we don't know. i guess you missed the memo, but we pretty much had all our culture forcefully stripped from us. so i don't really have the privilege of knowing where my ancestors are from specifically. lol. you desperately need your consciousness raised about some things. |
|
|
|
Mar 29 2008, 08:18 PM
Post
#229
|
|
|
muhfucka yo mama's a bitch ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Banned Posts: 1,461 Joined: Feb 2007 Member No: 506,674 |
|
|
|
|
Mar 30 2008, 04:11 AM
Post
#230
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 6,349 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 455,274 |
|
|
|
|
Mar 30 2008, 11:40 AM
Post
#231
|
|
![]() cB Assassin ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 10,147 Joined: Mar 2004 Member No: 7,672 |
Is a white guy from Africa considered African-American?
We all know here I'm not drawn towards Oriental Asian women. Doesn't mean I don't think some are pretty. I'm currently dating a Paki girl, and my family has no problem with it what so ever. I tend to be drawn towards brown/desi women, for their exoticness. Hispanic girls are in second place. |
|
|
|
Mar 30 2008, 12:49 PM
Post
#232
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 6,349 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 455,274 |
Is a white guy from Africa considered African-American? No. If he was born in Africa (assuming his white ass is from British decent) and most likely from South Africa, then his nationality would be South African and his ethnicity would be whatever the hell made his cracker ass a cracker ass cracker. |
|
|
|
Mar 30 2008, 06:33 PM
Post
#233
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 152 Joined: Mar 2008 Member No: 636,188 |
we need more flavors in the gene pool.....
its whats make us human being "SEXY" give us different traits. plain is 2 boring.. plus 50 years from now every1 is going to be mix like a bag of chex.. |
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 03:08 AM
Post
#234
|
|
![]() NO WAI! R u Srs? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,264 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 28,094 |
I like culture. Let's not all become mutts.
|
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 12:08 PM
Post
#235
|
|
![]() cB Assassin ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 10,147 Joined: Mar 2004 Member No: 7,672 |
|
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 12:22 PM
Post
#236
|
|
![]() yo yo yiggidy yo. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 1,606 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,591 |
i am for interracial marriages.
not only have i mostly dated hispanics, lol, but i think the idea of bringing two different cultures together is a good idea. plus my love is hispanic and i think its awesome how we're interracial. asians and hispanics always give us this weird look whenever we go out. HATE ON IT. plus some interracial couples make THE CUTEST babies. (: |
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 12:58 PM
Post
#237
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 6,349 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 455,274 |
|
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 01:11 PM
Post
#238
|
|
![]() cB Assassin ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 10,147 Joined: Mar 2004 Member No: 7,672 |
East Coast and West Coast doesn't seem to be a big problem when it comes to mixing. Central United States however is another story.
When it comes to the rest of the world, I can see countries which would mix quicker than others. (UK, Canada, etc.) |
|
|
|
Mar 31 2008, 01:19 PM
Post
#239
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 6,349 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 455,274 |
|
|
|
|
Apr 2 2008, 03:38 PM
Post
#240
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 2,223 Joined: Dec 2006 Member No: 485,356 |
I was for interracial dating, then against, now for. I'm dating a Spanish guy. LOL!!
|
|
|
|
Apr 10 2008, 01:08 PM
Post
#241
|
|
|
Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1 Joined: Apr 2008 Member No: 639,442 |
I am white. I was married to a white guy. I am currently dating a black guy. So obviously I think it's fine. I have friends (black and white) that have interracial children. My 3 and a half year old son is from my previous marriage so he is white, too. He has friends of all kinds of ethnicities and backgrounds. He did ask me if we were black. It gave us an opportunity to speak about race and what it means. My family is from Vermont as well as my ex-in-laws so it's a very close minded place with little to no diversity (from my experience). I want to teach him that people are not their race or sex or ethnicity, they are what's inside. And I think thus far I have been able to do that. I personally dont think my interracial relationship will have a negative effect on him because it's healthy. My ex husband and I fought and argued a lot and it was extremely volatile. I dont have that this time (and wouldnt be in such a relationship again). And no, I do not plan on having more children, not because of the race issue.
|
|
|
|
Apr 11 2008, 07:14 AM
Post
#242
|
|
![]() ;) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Duplicate Posts: 2,374 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 3,760 |
Hm. Going by natural selection, traits that are most likely to help an animal survive and, more importantly, reproduce are the ones that are passed down through generations. So, if the world truly does become mixed, the best traits of every race should prevail, meaning that... our great-great-great(x100)-grandchildren will be beautiful and smart as shit or something to that extent, right?
So really, I don't see why interracial marriages are such an issue. We should spend more time worrying about how to stop stupid people from reproducing. |
|
|
|
Apr 11 2008, 07:22 AM
Post
#243
|
|
![]() Ms. Granger ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 735 Joined: Jul 2005 Member No: 165,238 |
No. If he was born in Africa (assuming his white ass is from British decent) and most likely from South Africa, then his nationality would be South African and his ethnicity would be whatever the hell made his cracker ass a cracker ass cracker. Aren't you white? What are you? You look white. |
|
|
|
Apr 22 2008, 05:26 AM
Post
#244
|
|
![]() i did your boyfriend ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 3,335 Joined: Feb 2004 Member No: 4,071 |
He's hispanic, I believe.
|
|
|
|
Apr 22 2008, 03:26 PM
Post
#245
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 6,349 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 455,274 |
|
|
|
|
Apr 22 2008, 03:30 PM
Post
#246
|
|
![]() Melieized ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 1,372 Joined: Nov 2006 Member No: 478,715 |
i'm married to a black man and our daughter is puerto rican and black.
so i'm all for interracial marriages. |
|
|
|
May 30 2008, 12:39 PM
Post
#247
|
|
|
Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 2 Joined: May 2008 Member No: 653,812 |
|
|
|
|
May 30 2008, 12:43 PM
Post
#248
|
|
|
Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 2 Joined: May 2008 Member No: 653,812 |
i say there is nothin at all wrong with interracial couples or marriages...i don see why its people business how other people live there life...if you dont like it then stay out of it. if you were attracted to another race u wouldnt want people to be all up in your business would u?...no u wouldnt so if u dont like it o well...tuff luck just turn your head cuz its gona hppn wether u like it or not...
thats all i have to say |
|
|
|
Jun 9 2008, 12:39 AM
Post
#249
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 2,223 Joined: Dec 2006 Member No: 485,356 |
Yeah, and why is this still in Debate?
|
|
|
|
Jul 24 2008, 08:48 PM
Post
#250
|
|
![]() Fellatio. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 2,122 Joined: Mar 2007 Member No: 511,775 |
I remember this.
"twas the first time I was ever warned for bashing! |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |