Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
interracial marriages.
illriginal
post Feb 22 2008, 02:22 PM
Post #201


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 6,349
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 455,274



QUOTE(Spirited Away @ Feb 16 2008, 09:47 PM) *
I hate dating Viets, but that doesn't have anything to do with my parents. Viet boys are... boys most of the time even when they're 30. Not everyone of them, of course, but the ones who act their age are always taken.

I dated a filipino. Hot stuff, but he knew it and took a lot of liberties that weren't given to him.

Mature Black guys seem to really know how to take care of their woman. I like that.


What does their race have anything to do with how they take care of their responsibilities? o.O

 
pandora
post Feb 22 2008, 02:24 PM
Post #202


i did your boyfriend
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,071



obviously shes just making an observation
 
*Steven*
post Feb 22 2008, 02:25 PM
Post #203





Guest






QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Feb 22 2008, 01:22 PM) *
What does their race have anything to do with how they take care of their responsibilities? o.O

Stereotypes/generalizations exist for a reason. Are they absolute? No. Do they seem true more often than not? Yes. That's why they're stereotypes/generalizations.
 
illriginal
post Feb 22 2008, 02:28 PM
Post #204


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 6,349
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 455,274



QUOTE(Steven @ Feb 22 2008, 02:25 PM) *
Stereotypes/generalizations exist for a reason. Are they absolute? No. Do they seem true more often than not? Yes. That's why they're stereotypes/generalizations.



Yeah... I agree with you. What I don't agree with is the hypocrisy I keep reading.
 
pandora
post Feb 22 2008, 07:41 PM
Post #205


i did your boyfriend
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,071



QUOTE(pandora @ Feb 22 2008, 11:24 AM) *
obviously shes just making an observation

 
*Steven*
post Feb 23 2008, 09:57 PM
Post #206





Guest






Michelle's Chinese, and that's awesome :D
 
fameONE
post Feb 25 2008, 02:11 AM
Post #207


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



I'm good to her, she's good to me. We see eye to eye and we communicate. Sounds like success.
 
chrislagace
post Mar 9 2008, 05:00 AM
Post #208


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Mar 2008
Member No: 627,794



I'm for it because thats how my beautiful girlfriend came into existence.
 
Sumiaki
post Mar 11 2008, 12:23 AM
Post #209


NO WAI! R u Srs?
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,264
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 28,094



QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 29 2007, 08:46 AM) *
But if we became one "beige" culture, who would we blame for all the worlds evils and use as a scapegoat?

We already have cross-culture foods. McDonalds has asian salads, taco bell has authentic mexican food, pizza hut has authentic italian pizza. Thats Europe, Asia, and America right there, plenty of culture for one person!

I think this is the only part I could respond with a decent argument.
Eventually, however, the cultures would start to become more and more alike. When all the cultures started to merge, so would their ways of life and their ways of thinking. The different ways of thinking, which could be highly beneficial in worldly issues and problem solving scenarios, would eventually non-existent.


Fail. Can't believe you guys missed this. I nearly pissed my pants laughing reading this.

Cause you know... sweet and sour sauce with mandarin oranges makes anything asian. Taco Bell also serves Authentic mexican food such as chili cheese burritos, gorditas, and meximelts. /sarcasm

ANTI! We would be less diverse and our culture would be watered down.

On a side note: If a japanese person and a chinese person were to hook up... they would produce a Jinx. See now how would the world benefit from a Jinx?
 
EddieV
post Mar 11 2008, 12:29 AM
Post #210


cB Assassin
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 10,147
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,672



QUOTE(Sumiaki @ Mar 11 2008, 01:23 AM) *
On a side note: If a japanese person and a chinese person were to hook up... they would produce a Jinx. See now how would the world benefit from a Jinx?


OOH! I'm gonna hook a couple up so I an capture a Jynx!
 
RissyMel
post Mar 15 2008, 09:26 PM
Post #211


Marissaaaaa!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 188
Joined: Jan 2008
Member No: 612,652



You say we're all gonne be the same eventually.
But there's alottt of people in this world.
It's not gonna happen while any of us are living, so go for it!
(:
 
TaintedSakura
post Mar 21 2008, 08:36 PM
Post #212


hello.
****

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 2007
Member No: 513,566



I say we all start a mixin'
 
Stefanny
post Mar 27 2008, 06:51 PM
Post #213


chinky
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,566
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,437



My father told me that if I married an Indian man, he would hate me for the rest of my life.
 
foxx
post Mar 27 2008, 07:11 PM
Post #214


metalmouth hoee
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 566,794



I'm for it. thumbsup.gif
but god, my dad's like if you bring a mexican/black boy to my house, i'm going to kill you.
I was like, wtf? What about asians? He's like, they're okay.
It kinda made me annoyed _unsure.gif
 
illriginal
post Mar 28 2008, 04:50 PM
Post #215


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 6,349
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 455,274



QUOTE(Stefanny @ Mar 27 2008, 07:51 PM) *
My father told me that if I married an Indian man, he would hate me for the rest of my life.


So kill his racist ass, his hatred's gonna land him in hell in the end of it all anyways.
 
pandora
post Mar 28 2008, 05:55 PM
Post #216


i did your boyfriend
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,071



i told my mom my bf is black and she said "No."
 
Stefanny
post Mar 28 2008, 08:19 PM
Post #217


chinky
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,566
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,437



QUOTE(Tamacracker @ Mar 28 2008, 02:50 PM) *
So kill his racist ass, his hatred's gonna land him in hell in the end of it all anyways.
Well he has quite some Indian friends.

I guess it's different; when you don't mind a race, but you don't want that blood in your family line. blink.gif
 
brooklyneast05
post Mar 28 2008, 08:21 PM
Post #218


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



^huh?
 
Stefanny
post Mar 28 2008, 08:24 PM
Post #219


chinky
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,566
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,437



Ahaha, sorry. I can't seem to word it right.

It's different when you don't mind a person of a specific race, like in general as a peoples.
But you do care if they're mixed into your family. (considering the topic is about interracial marriages)
 
HoodNigga
post Mar 28 2008, 08:26 PM
Post #220


Yup thats my girlfriend.
*****

Group: Banned
Posts: 665
Joined: Mar 2007
Member No: 513,693



QUOTE(Stefanny @ Mar 28 2008, 09:24 PM) *
Ahaha, sorry. I can't seem to word it right.

It's different when you don't mind a person of a specific race, like in general as a peoples.
But you do care if they're mixed into your family. (considering the topic is about interracial marriages)

Hahahahahahahaahahahaahahaahahahaahahahaahahaha
 
brooklyneast05
post Mar 28 2008, 08:27 PM
Post #221


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



it's ok, i love soft racists, they are so cute.
 
Stefanny
post Mar 28 2008, 08:49 PM
Post #222


chinky
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,566
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 434,437



It's so hard to tell sarcasm online sad.gif

I wasn't trying to say that it was my point of view, though. I support interracial marriages.

GAHH. I'll just stay out of the debate forum. It confuses me too much. oro.gif
 
illriginal
post Mar 28 2008, 11:30 PM
Post #223


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 6,349
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 455,274



QUOTE(Stefanny @ Mar 28 2008, 09:19 PM) *
Well he has quite some Indian friends.

I guess it's different; when you don't mind a race, but you don't want that blood in your family line. blink.gif

Yeah but you shouldn't judge a person automatically by his race/ethnicity/origins etc... that's just foolish. And to hate another human because of something that they can't control... that just sucks.
 
HoodNigga
post Mar 28 2008, 11:51 PM
Post #224


Yup thats my girlfriend.
*****

Group: Banned
Posts: 665
Joined: Mar 2007
Member No: 513,693



Well I'll put it like this, if I had offspring I would rather them be with someone that will treat them right no matter their race, as opposed to someone of the same race as I am who treats them horribly.

I've actually heard of circumstances like these. I know one case where the parents didn't want their daughter to be with this black guy and so she turns around and marries a white guy and the dude beat the mess out of her.
 
Teesa
post Mar 29 2008, 12:27 AM
Post #225


crushed.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,432
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 20,026



i'm all for it. i'm indian and just absolutely cannot see myself with another indian man.
even though my parents think it's going to happen, i can assure you, it most likely will not. and my parents aren't racist, but i know that there are certain ethnic groups that they definitely "prefer" over others _dry.gif
 

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: