Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Forum banners
1angel3
post Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM
Post #1


Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,925
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 427,774



I've made a couple of banners for my online friend Crissy for her forum site Illusion Of Magic. The link is located in my signature if you'd like to check it out. Take a look! These are simple.

1. Banner One

2. Banner two

3. Banner three

4. Banner four

5. Banner five

I link them all because they're pretty big. So what do you think?
 
digitalfragrance
post Dec 20 2007, 02:30 PM
Post #2


Adobe Addict
******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 1,237
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 113,043



I really like the first and the third one :) The last one is my least favorite - the blue just seems really bright.
 
MissHygienic
post Dec 20 2007, 03:44 PM
Post #3


Resource Center Tyrant
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,263
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,306



Banner one: I'm not liking the font very much; very obstructive to the background.
Banner two: It's decent, but it really depends on the background on which the banner will be used.
Banner three: DING-DING-DING. Winner.
Banner four: Not banner material.
Banner five: Not my taste at all.
 
superstitious
post Dec 20 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #4


Tick tock, Bill
*******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 8,764
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 333,948



1 - The black on the top is throwing me off and I don't get the words/brushy thing you used on the left. I'm also not sure what to make of the red candy cane looking situation (also on the left). Overall I do really like the colors you used and the simple texture used throughout. The font is ok. Here's my thing with the font. It just doesn't jibe with "Illusion of Magic." I think you should have used something more otherwordly or some type of fantasy themed type font with a title like that. I think it's too grungy.

2 - Again, font doesn't match the banner. (I'm super picky about fonts, sorry lol). I like the simple use of pink and white, that works. I think it's fine really, albeit a bit simple. But you know what, that's ok because some people really prefer simple.

3 - This one is lovely. The straight font you used works in perfect contrast with the background. The colors blend nicely together as well.

4 - Oh honey. This looks like you spent about 5 minutes in PS or PSP , whatever you use and slapped some words on top of a generic background. The blue looks horrid against the grey. The large capitals are bizarre as well.

5 - The scribbly thing. I know some people really dig it. I am not among them. The one positive thing I can say is that the whimsey of it does go with "magic", just in a very childlike way.

I hope to see more from you. =)
 
1angel3
post Dec 20 2007, 07:02 PM
Post #5


Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,925
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 427,774



Wow thanks guys I appreciate your comments. Keep them coming. Oh yeah, on some of them I did spend like 5 min on some of them. Crissy is a simple kind of girl.

Thanks for the tips superstitious. I keep that in mind.
 
pandora
post Dec 20 2007, 07:12 PM
Post #6


i did your boyfriend
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 3,335
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 4,071



theyre all a tad pedestrian if you ask me. i don't like any of the fonts either.
 
Xerofour
post Dec 21 2007, 02:06 AM
Post #7


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 594,887



QUOTE(1angel3 @ Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM) *
I've made a couple of banners for my online friend Crissy for her forum site Illusion Of Magic. The link is located in my signature if you'd like to check it out. Take a look! These are simple.

1. Banner One

2. Banner two

3. Banner three

4. Banner four

5. Banner five

I link them all because they're pretty big. So what do you think?



what color are her forums what dose the forum look like, it hink you should make one that matches with the color of her forums
 
Stumbleine
post Dec 21 2007, 02:24 AM
Post #8


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 226
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 593,106



Banner three is my favorite.
 
1angel3
post Dec 21 2007, 03:45 PM
Post #9


Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,925
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 427,774



QUOTE(Xerofour @ Dec 21 2007, 12:06 AM) *
what color are her forums what dose the forum look like, it hink you should make one that matches with the color of her forums


She have themes. So she edited her forum layouts to match the banners. So they match. Are you talking about the "New topic" buttons? They won't let us edit those, well, that's what Crissy said anyway.
 
Jennifer
post Dec 22 2007, 04:57 AM
Post #10


<3
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,369
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 539,187



I love the colors in the first one, but the font strikes a bit off.
The second, is actually pretty cute.
The third one I'd say is the best, if we're talking strictly graphically, but does it match a topic of "magic"?
The fourth one, simple but effective, yet a bit too bland in this case.

And the fifth? You basically put together a graphic including everything on the list of "RogueVanity's graphic hates" Sorry, had to think of a way to put it :)
 
1angel3
post Dec 22 2007, 06:33 PM
Post #11


Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,925
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 427,774



^ Thanks for your honesty
 
speakerboxx123
post Dec 22 2007, 08:33 PM
Post #12


im with the marching band
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 740
Joined: Dec 2006
Member No: 491,167



banner 3 hehe.gif
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: