"I thought it was quite vain to say, I want to be a model.", - Kate Moss |
![]() ![]() |
"I thought it was quite vain to say, I want to be a model.", - Kate Moss |
Oct 10 2007, 09:49 PM
Post
#201
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
no wonder I couldn't find her in any shows. it's like RIRI walking for...was it dolce&gabbana this season? i don't remember.
|
|
|
|
Oct 10 2007, 09:58 PM
Post
#202
|
|
![]() Rhinestone Cowboy ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 159 Joined: Feb 2005 Member No: 99,249 |
Nice to see a topic of favorite models that DIDN'T come from America's Next Top Model.
Some of my favorites are: Kasia Struss : ![]() Elyse Taylor: ![]() and Anna Mikhaylik: ![]() I don't think modeling is all about beauty. Its the presence you bring to the run way that makes you well known. |
|
|
|
Oct 10 2007, 11:19 PM
Post
#203
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
ANTM doesn't produce any models
|
|
|
|
Oct 11 2007, 07:45 PM
Post
#204
|
|
![]() in a matter of time ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,151 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 191,357 |
^ The only successful ANTM model I can think of is Elyse from season 1. At least she gets print work without the help of CoverGirl or Tyra. She works almost entirely in Asia, though. Hong Kong, to be exact.
Also: Petra is overrated. Hello? Girl got caught in a hurricane. It's horrible and all, I know, but when did that become a prerequisite to be a successful model? |
|
|
|
| *Steven* |
Oct 11 2007, 07:47 PM
Post
#205
|
|
Guest |
My favorite model is the mirror
|
|
|
|
Oct 11 2007, 07:57 PM
Post
#206
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
I love Elyse. Okay, correct that, 99% of the time, ANTM does not produce models.
|
|
|
|
Oct 15 2007, 04:59 PM
Post
#207
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
babump.
I wanted to post this. Style.com's Top 10 S/S 08 Collections. ![]() ![]() Balenciaga Another master class in extreme cutting and exaggerated silhouettes—pronounced shoulders, tiny waists, abbreviated hems—from Nicolas Ghesquière, this time in lush, gorgeous florals. Wearable? Yes, for the brave. Others have only to wait a season or two until the designer's ideas trickle down, as they inevitably do. ![]() ![]() Dolce & Gabbana After last season's S&M romp, Dolce & Gabbana worked out the kinks, whipping up frothy, fifties-style tulle dresses hand-painted with abstract flowers. A fresh, sweet, and utterly covetable collection from the longtime practitioners of in-your-face sex appeal. ![]() ![]() Dries van Noten Dries Van Noten pushed his arty aesthetic a step further, layering as many as five different prints, mostly florals, onto one dress, jacket, or of-the-moment pajama pant. It made for a vibrant, Technicolor lineup, and one of his most accomplished collections ever. ![]() ![]() Lanvin In a season in which wearability often came second to fantasy or fetishism, Alber Elbaz turned out one light, easy, billowy reimagined goddess dress after another, and in polyester, no less. The tuxedos weren't too shabby, either. These were real-life clothes made really chic. ![]() ![]() Marc Jacobs Transparency, boudoir dressing, surrealism, footballers' wives—Marc Jacobs used those tropes and more in a collection that for all its kooky eclecticism was essentially about sex. And like his subject matter, it got everyone talking. imo: I hated Marc Jacobs and also what he did to Louis Vuitton. ![]() ![]() Marios Shwab This on-the-rise London designer turned out a collection that united two of the season's top trends: watercolor florals and sculptural silhouettes. But it takes a unique mind to dream up those viscerally beautiful body-heat-generated prints. ![]() ![]() Narcisco Rodriguez With a multimillion-dollar cash influx from Liz Claiborne at his disposal, Narciso Rodriguez was back on his game, infusing his precision seaming and exacting cuts with a fresh sportiness on the one hand—think "ninja" jackets—and a new sense of luxury on the other. Top marks for the violet finale dress scattered with caviar beading. ![]() ![]() Prada Miuccia Prada's collection of fairy-dusted pajama sets was one part Art Nouveau, another part seventies-era Ossie Clark and Biba, and an utter surprise after last season's strange treatise on the natural/man-made divide. But, then, that's what makes hers such an important, influential voice. ![]() ![]() Ralph Lauren Followed by a grand fête in Central Park's Conservatory Garden, Ralph Lauren's 40th anniversary collection touched upon many of his famous signatures without ever feeling like a rehash. It was full of bold colors, timely floral prints, and red-carpet numbers galore for his A-list fans. ![]() ![]() Rodarte With their reputation for breathtakingly romantic and exquisitely rendered evening dresses well established, Kate and Laura Mulleavy have started venturing into new territory. Their cobwebby sweaters and Coco-esque suits looked new, yet never strayed too far from their imaginative, utterly original aesthetic. |
|
|
|
Oct 15 2007, 09:53 PM
Post
#208
|
|
|
You can't keep running from what you're trying to find. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 5,030 Joined: Oct 2004 Member No: 54,096 |
Sometimes I think they just give designers a top 10 because they're popular. They are, in the end, clothes. I really don't like fashion as mainly art and expression, although I do see the meaning of it.
My favorites were Nina Ricci and Alberta Ferretti. ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
Oct 15 2007, 10:01 PM
Post
#209
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
I agree. I could not stand Marc Jacobs. And I can't believe that he butchered Louis Vuitton.
|
|
|
|
Oct 15 2007, 11:57 PM
Post
#210
|
|
![]() in a matter of time ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,151 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 191,357 |
I loved Lanvin. The colours! Oh, the colours...
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
Oct 16 2007, 09:37 PM
Post
#211
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
i cannot stand snejana. D:
and have you guys seen how weird sasha's thighs have looked lately? ![]() not to mention that the skin of so many models was so bad this season. |
|
|
|
Oct 16 2007, 11:15 PM
Post
#212
|
|
![]() in a matter of time ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,151 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 191,357 |
^ That is pretty weird. Maybe that girl has been working out?
Eh, I'm okay with Snejana, but she's definitely not one of my favs. God, I looked back on my Lanvin post, and I'm drooling over the purple dress. |
|
|
|
Oct 16 2007, 11:20 PM
Post
#213
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
and i don't see the appeal for Kat McNeill. I mean I think she's gorgeous, but she's...whatsthatword? i can't remember the word.
|
|
|
|
Oct 16 2007, 11:26 PM
Post
#214
|
|
|
!~@*&+;$ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,033 Joined: Oct 2007 Member No: 579,371 |
nothing can compare to how horrible chanel was. karl lagerfeld has done some amazing things to chanel, chloe and fendi but this collection, just what the fuck was he thinking. it made me want to cry just looking at it.
|
|
|
|
Oct 16 2007, 11:44 PM
Post
#215
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
OVERRATED THAT'S THE WORD.
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2007, 07:33 PM
Post
#216
|
|
|
You can't keep running from what you're trying to find. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 5,030 Joined: Oct 2004 Member No: 54,096 |
I know, what was with all that denim??
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2007, 10:44 PM
Post
#217
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
i needed to post this picture up again. posh at marc jacobs:
![]() when will marc jacobs understand that he cannot design LV the way he designs for his own line?! |
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 01:00 AM
Post
#218
|
|
|
<3 ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 455 Joined: Jul 2006 Member No: 445,104 |
|
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 01:48 AM
Post
#219
|
|
![]() in a matter of time ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,151 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 191,357 |
Cute! Although...at the same time, slightly unsettling.
God, I wish I was that stylish when I was a kid. |
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 01:56 AM
Post
#220
|
|
![]() I am not afraid, I was born for this. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 805 Joined: Aug 2007 Member No: 565,063 |
^ Haha me too!, the things my mother dressed me in.
Oh lord! |
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 12:18 PM
Post
#221
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
i wish that i was dressed like that as a little kid
|
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 05:31 PM
Post
#222
|
|
|
You can't keep running from what you're trying to find. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 5,030 Joined: Oct 2004 Member No: 54,096 |
I would totally buy that brocade jacket if it fit me
|
|
|
|
Oct 18 2007, 05:37 PM
Post
#223
|
|
|
:) ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 1,636 Joined: Jul 2004 Member No: 34,459 |
|
|
|
|
Oct 19 2007, 09:54 PM
Post
#224
|
|
![]() in a matter of time ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 7,151 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 191,357 |
I know, what was with all that denim?? I actually was quite impressed with how Karl Lagerfeld made one particular denim outfit look pretty elegant: If it wasn't for that colour, I would've never thought it was denim. |
|
|
|
Oct 19 2007, 10:08 PM
Post
#225
|
|
![]() yan lin♥ ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 14,129 Joined: Apr 2004 Member No: 13,627 |
i think gemma looks gorgeous lately. the fact that she's gained weight has given her boobs.
![]() ![]() natalia please stop walking now. look at the Posh shoes by Giambattisti Valli. ![]() makes me droooool |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |