Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
interracial marriages.
jackie13xo
post Jul 30 2007, 09:56 PM
Post #126


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Feb 2007
Member No: 501,892



exactly danny! i totally agree
 
dannyordinary
post Jul 30 2007, 09:58 PM
Post #127


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,011
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 533,410



QUOTE(jackie13xo @ Jul 30 2007, 10:56 PM) *
exactly danny! i totally agree


heck yeah. boston people are smart!!!
=]
 
*Steven*
post Jul 30 2007, 10:18 PM
Post #128





Guest






But can anyone else at least propose some ideas that could be debated as to why interracial marriage is bad?
 
dannyordinary
post Jul 30 2007, 10:21 PM
Post #129


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,011
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 533,410



^ I would think that it would be bad because of just family diffrences
and i'm going to say something now, that might offend people.

This is just an example:

Asian people (older people), usually think that black people, or minorities steal. Recently though, in some parts of the countries, you would see asian girls with black guys, and I'm sure that their parents wouldn't agree (from the Asian side probably..but they make really cute babies, not gonna lie). So I think that would be a negative, because it would split you from your family
 
*Sandraaa*
post Jul 31 2007, 03:26 AM
Post #130





Guest






QUOTE(Steven @ Jul 31 2007, 05:18 AM) *
But can anyone else at least propose some ideas that could be debated as to why interracial marriage is bad?

Family issues; getting disowned, parents not attending weddings ...

I could come up with more but I'd be a raysist.

QUOTE
Asian people (older people), usually think that black people, or minorities steal

Asians ARE minorities so wtf?
 
*Steven*
post Jul 31 2007, 08:20 AM
Post #131





Guest






QUOTE(Sandraaa @ Jul 31 2007, 03:26 AM) *
Family issues; getting disowned, parents not attending weddings ...

I could come up with more but I'd be a raysist.

But that will all pass in time. Any issues outside of family? All that will pass with time, imo.

QUOTE
Asians ARE minorities so wtf?


Actually.. Asians make up more than half the world's population, and Orientals make up about a quarter of the world's population. Asians are minorities in certain areas but as a whole, they aren't.
 
*Sandraaa*
post Jul 31 2007, 09:08 AM
Post #132





Guest






In my family, it won't. I'd be the outcast with the bizarre kids, the one who spoilt the family name. The disgrace, the laughing stock. I could go on and on.
My opinion about interracial unions are quite, well, different. For instance, there are races that could pass in my family and others that are a no - no.

Interracial marriages cause too much trouble. Also, it doesn't quite promote the diversity everyone's fishing for.
 
1angel3
post Jul 31 2007, 02:08 PM
Post #133


Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa
******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 2,925
Joined: Jun 2006
Member No: 427,774



QUOTE(LovelyObsession @ Jul 30 2007, 07:21 PM) *
Asian people (older people), usually think that black people, or minorities steal. Recently though, in some parts of the countries, you would see asian girls with black guys, and I'm sure that their parents wouldn't agree (from the Asian side probably..but they make really cute babies, not gonna lie). So I think that would be a negative, because it would split you from your family


That's is because of movies. A lot of movies portrays black people to be gangsta and steal a lot and ghetto. And they're just stereotyping.
 
xKatt
post Jul 31 2007, 03:35 PM
Post #134


AttacKATTack!
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 697
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 536,660



QUOTE(LovelyObsession @ Jul 30 2007, 10:21 PM) *
^ I would think that it would be bad because of just family diffrences
and i'm going to say something now, that might offend people.

This is just an example:

Asian people (older people), usually think that black people, or minorities steal. Recently though, in some parts of the countries, you would see asian girls with black guys, and I'm sure that their parents wouldn't agree (from the Asian side probably..but they make really cute babies, not gonna lie). So I think that would be a negative, because it would split you from your family


Families aren't always racist. My family isn't racist. They said I can marry whoever I love regardless of race.

And if the family is racist, that's their problem and they chose to get themselves into it. Don't blame interracial marriages; blame ignorant people.
 
Jennifer
post Aug 5 2007, 05:59 AM
Post #135


<3
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,369
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 539,187



In my opinion, race shouldn't play a part in love whatsover..

I think everyone's raised a valid point, about the family issues etc.

But I find it hard to think of a reason why interracial marriage is such a bad thing. Some families may have strong beliefs on who they need to marry, and we should respect that. But to me, nothing should get in the way of love.

All in all I'm all for it..
thumbsup.gif
 
VaeVictis
post Aug 5 2007, 06:09 AM
Post #136


I'm like a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar
****

Group: Member
Posts: 158
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 555,605




There is absolutely nothing wrong with interracial marriage. =/

I don't understand how people could say there is. Yes, there are different cultures, and sometimes the customs upheld by those cultures can conflict with each other, but that's no reason to dislike interracial marriages - stuff like that can be overcome.
 
LoveDanceSoul
post Sep 6 2007, 05:26 PM
Post #137


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sep 2007
Member No: 570,981



Interracial dating is fine in my opinion. It wouldnt destroy diversity either. Its not like every person is going to date outside of their race, and there are also tons of different races that will blend. IF anything, there would be more diversity because there would no longer be just a set group of people. Look at the crayon box for goodness sake. It all started with Red, Yellow, and Blue. Then there was red, ORANGE, yellow, GREEN, blue, and PURPLE. Now there are tons of variations of different crayons. Also cultures wouldnt merge, because there is no set culture based on race. If you went to a school, you'd see preppy, punks, artsy people, hip hop heads, and so on. Love has no color. 99.99 percent of us wouldnt be here today if there wasnt wany interracial dating and marriage going on. No one has a pure white or pure black or pure hispanic background. Also the whole argument about blonde hair blue eyes not existing anymore...Just because its a recessive gene doesnt mean it wont occur anymore. There are tons of extremely fair skinned black people that arent biracial, where did they come from. What about my black friend who was born with fair skin, blonde hair, and green eyes? What about my Afro-Brazilian friend who was born with blue eyes? What about my black mother that was born with green eyes and red hair? Where did they all come from?
 
TaintedSakura
post Sep 21 2007, 08:24 PM
Post #138


hello.
****

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 211
Joined: Mar 2007
Member No: 513,566



Race should not be an issue!
Im for interracial dating/marriages.
In like 50 years well all be mixed anyway! lol
Personally, I tend to go for men outside my race... asian, hispanic, black.. idk
 
Joss-eh-lime
post Oct 3 2007, 11:36 PM
Post #139


tell me more.
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 2,798
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 35,640



for interracial marriage!

I HATE when I hear an parent or a peer saying
"I only date white people"
or any race in particular.

because first of all, that is sort of racist and secondly it limits your choices.
what if the perfect match for you is a different race that what is acceptable to you!
 
andrewexd
post Nov 1 2007, 06:41 PM
Post #140


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 177
Joined: Aug 2006
Member No: 458,417



1234567890
 
Moongirl1588
post Nov 6 2007, 07:49 PM
Post #141


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 588,267



Not against it for others and I've even been in one. However, I prefer to date black men. No evil stares from nosy people and I dunno...I just love my culture and my people.
 
Uronacid
post Nov 9 2007, 09:41 AM
Post #142


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,574
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 555,438



Hell, I prefer to date people who are about 25% Asian, and about 75% some other white skin (Holly). I guess it's just close to home for me. I mean, my mom and dad were white. I love that little bit of Asian. I don't know. It's just perfect for me.

Would it be morally wrong for my future daughter to date a black man? No, it would not. Would I be skeptical if my daughter dated a black kid? Yes, I would. He would have a lot of proving to do before I accepted him. Truth is, I can't help but feel that way. I don't trust black people as quickly as I trust white people. It sucks for them, but that's just what my life experience has taught me. I can't help the way I was treated by black people through-out the course of my life. I obviously don't believe that all black people are bad, but I can't help being extra cautious when they are around.
 
brooklyneast05
post Nov 9 2007, 09:48 AM
Post #143


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



^u can trust me josh


i'm for interracial marriages. i think black women have a bigger problem with interracial stuff than anyone, in my own personal experience. i can't count the number of times a black girl has made a comment about me dating other races.
 
Uronacid
post Nov 9 2007, 09:57 AM
Post #144


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,574
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 555,438



QUOTE(brooklyneast05 @ Nov 9 2007, 09:48 AM) *
^u can trust me josh
i'm for interracial marriages


I have to say, you have proven yourself. Maybe because you're an attractive young man, and you're also intelligent. I have worked my way past the color of your skin buddy. ;]

*writes in his book*

See, you're on the cool page.
 
brooklyneast05
post Nov 9 2007, 10:01 AM
Post #145


I'm Jc
********

Group: Mentor
Posts: 13,619
Joined: Jul 2006
Member No: 437,556



^score!
 
MissFits
post Nov 9 2007, 02:11 PM
Post #146


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,586
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 531,256



I think it's just fine. If I had a son and he was dating a black girl, I wouldn't mind. As long as she wasn't rude, bitchy, or stuck up. But, that goes for any race.

The people in my family are REALLY against it though. Sometimes I want to bring in the biggest meanest black guy I can find to a family function just to see how they would act. biggrin.gif
 
Uronacid
post Nov 9 2007, 02:12 PM
Post #147


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,574
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 555,438



QUOTE(MissFits @ Nov 9 2007, 02:11 PM) *
I think it's just fine. If I had a son and he was dating a black girl, I wouldn't mind. As long as she wasn't rude, bitchy, or stuck up. But, that goes for any race.

The people in my family are REALLY against it though. Sometimes I want to bring in the biggest meanest black guy I can find to a family function just to see how they would act. biggrin.gif


You should make sure he's packin' a "9" too.
 
MissFits
post Nov 9 2007, 02:14 PM
Post #148


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,586
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 531,256



Hahahaha!
I should also have him try to sell drugs to my family members.

I wonder if they would hold their tongue, or make me leave.
 
Uronacid
post Nov 9 2007, 03:47 PM
Post #149


Senior Member
******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 1,574
Joined: Aug 2007
Member No: 555,438



QUOTE(MissFits @ Nov 9 2007, 02:14 PM) *
Hahahaha!
I should also have him try to sell drugs to my family members.

I wonder if they would hold their tongue, or make me leave.


Get out of our house with that cave man!!! Take that shit to Giaco!
 
MissFits
post Nov 9 2007, 04:07 PM
Post #150


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,586
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 531,256



loool.gif
You slay me.
 

11 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: