EDWARD CULLEN!!!!!!!!!!, "What a sick, masochistic lion." |
![]() ![]() |
EDWARD CULLEN!!!!!!!!!!, "What a sick, masochistic lion." |
| *MyMichelle* |
Jun 23 2007, 08:03 PM
Post
#276
|
|
Guest |
I need to re-read Twilight so I can have an imaginary, perfect vampire boy.
|
|
|
|
Jun 23 2007, 08:22 PM
Post
#277
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 816 Joined: Jun 2007 Member No: 531,188 |
Age: 18
Hobbies: photography Contact: srslameh Favorite character BESIDES Edward: Jake Why you don't like Edward: 1.) Sure sure, Edward does all the lovely little things we all want our boyfriends to do. He kisses you and nuzzles you, he stops you from getting hungry all over the place, he saves you and cares about you and *gasp* he even confesses his love to you constantly. But for a vampire, Edward has very big and very human flaw. He is extremely emo. Ok, yes, bitch is a vampire. Yes, he thinks he hasn't got a soul and he has self worth issues, but God damn. Shut up and listen to your woman for once. Look at me! I'm Edward and I whine and moan constantly about how terrible it is to have a loving girlfriend and a loving adopted family. Oh golly. She tastes good, oh crap, let me cry for eight pages, only focusing on myself while vaguely remembering I'm supposed to be doing this for Bella. 2.) Bella around Edward is boring'zorgs. Yes, ah, love, passion, heart stopping fun bubbles that pop and burst with happy flowers of mushy wuv. If she gasps at his perfect face and loves melting into his cold, stony arms one more time I'm going to fling myself off a cliff too. Who ever enjoyed snuggling up to there boyfriend when he felt like a freezing pole? (Mmm, Darling, I love it when we touch. It's as if I am throwing myself onto an icy lake. NEVER LET ME GO). If he's so cold all the time why don't her lips just freeze to him like in the Christmas movie? Oh wait! No that would be horrible! Her heart would implode on the spot and he'd have no choice but to eat her. Sigh. But I'm being unfair. All the mooshy parts with Edward and Bella make me happy and warm sometimes too. But Jake Is what a REAL boyfriend should be like. He makes you laugh, and holds you in his arms, and thinks about you and making you happy. If your happy he's happy. A good boyfriend is selfless and caring and would never ever leave you no matter how much emo pain he has. Unless you asked him too, of course. Plus he's strong. Yeah, he's pigheaded, but so is Edward. And yeah, he's childish, but he's only sixteen and competing with some 80 year old emotional blargy. Give the boy some credit. Jake is just as strong as Edward is, if not more. Sure his temper is crap, but just as Edward controls his blood lust, so must Jake control his anger. [/end rant] |
|
|
|
Jun 23 2007, 09:12 PM
Post
#278
|
|
![]() *dazzle ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 357 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 43,071 |
^^ hahaha! okay, at that i had to laugh because wow.. you're right at some point. although edward only complains because being a vampire is not what he wanted, even if because of it he was able to meet the love of his dead/undead life. but in the end, he does complain a lot. oh well.. i still love that sexy beast.
i dont think i agree on jake being what a boyfriend should be. then again, everyone has different opinions. welcome to the club :] |
|
|
|
Jun 23 2007, 10:58 PM
Post
#279
|
|
|
Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 2 Joined: Jun 2007 Member No: 538,005 |
AMAZING book.
And of course the amazing, adorable, Edward Cullen doesn't take anything away from the wonderfulness =) But I also agree with yobaka3... There were moments where I got really fed up with the way the book was going. Just because it is...very emo. It's cute, and it makes you wish for your love life to be that way, but yeah. Understood completely. [Sorry, thought I'd drop in for a quick comment] |
|
|
|
Jun 23 2007, 11:19 PM
Post
#280
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 816 Joined: Jun 2007 Member No: 531,188 |
Hahaha, thanks guys ^___^
|
|
|
|
Jun 24 2007, 01:49 AM
Post
#281
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
Yeah, I agree with some of what Kayleigh said. Edward is awesome but Stephenie Meyer needs to work on the character development, especially for Edward and Bella. Hopefully that happens in Eclipse.
|
|
|
|
Jun 24 2007, 02:27 AM
Post
#282
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 816 Joined: Jun 2007 Member No: 531,188 |
I read a little of her book based on Edwards point of view (on her website) and I think she did a little better. Although I can't remember because it was so long ago.
Yeah I really do hope the next book makes me at least think of liking Edwards personality >.> |
|
|
|
Jun 24 2007, 03:55 PM
Post
#283
|
|
![]() *dazzle ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 357 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 43,071 |
i read midnight sun awhile back and she did do a lot better with edward's character development. it's a shame that it won't come out 'till who knows when.
|
|
|
|
Jun 24 2007, 07:49 PM
Post
#284
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
|
|
|
|
Jun 24 2007, 09:03 PM
Post
#285
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 299 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 457,013 |
^ The preview chapter, I think. I read it too. I can'r remember though...I think I remember thinking it was more detailed.
|
|
|
|
Jun 25 2007, 01:13 PM
Post
#286
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
Haha, all right then. It would be amazing if we could read the whole book now...but then again, I wouldn't want to read a leaked/illegal version. I want the book itself.
August 7th is how many days away? *Sigh* |
|
|
|
Jun 25 2007, 06:08 PM
Post
#287
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 299 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 457,013 |
^ That's when Eclipse comes out.
|
|
|
|
Jun 25 2007, 11:25 PM
Post
#288
|
|
![]() *dazzle ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 357 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 43,071 |
i think it's about.. 42 days away?
|
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 11:01 AM
Post
#289
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
Way too long, but at least I'll have Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to occupy the time.
|
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 11:11 AM
Post
#290
|
|
![]() roosternamedingo. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,211 Joined: Dec 2005 Member No: 333,926 |
^^
AHH. |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 11:48 AM
Post
#291
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 2,614 Joined: Jan 2005 Member No: 85,903 |
"BELLA?"
Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again. This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine—like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us. * * * I got this off of Stephenie Meyers page. This is interesting.. I mean what can be so important. I really can't wait till the next book comes out.-sigh- |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 12:39 PM
Post
#292
|
|
![]() Is it summer yet? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 817 Joined: Nov 2006 Member No: 477,032 |
Speaking of Harry Potter, I FINALLY pre-ordered a copy yesterday. YAY! :)
And while I was at Wal*Mart, they had a copy of the New Moon special edition. I was really tempted to buy it for the poster buttttttttt I refrained. Surprisingly. LOL. |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 03:15 PM
Post
#293
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 816 Joined: Jun 2007 Member No: 531,188 |
"BELLA?" Edward's soft voice came from behind me. I turned to see him spring lightly up the porch steps, his hair windblown from running. He pulled me into his arms at once, just like he had in the parking lot, and kissed me again. This kiss frightened me. There was too much tension, too strong an edge to the way his lips crushed mine—like he was afraid we had only so much time left to us. DRAMA. |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 09:33 PM
Post
#294
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
Speaking of Harry Potter, I FINALLY pre-ordered a copy yesterday. YAY! :) And while I was at Wal*Mart, they had a copy of the New Moon special edition. I was really tempted to buy it for the poster buttttttttt I refrained. Surprisingly. LOL. Hm...this isn't something I would do, but you could have been evil and slipped the jacket cover off. >_> |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 09:44 PM
Post
#295
|
|
![]() *dazzle ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 357 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 43,071 |
the only reason why i bought the new moon special edition was cause of the poster. :] haha so i have three books now.
ahhh harry potter!! the book and the movie! i really wanna read the last book though. |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 10:22 PM
Post
#296
|
|
![]() Is it summer yet? ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 817 Joined: Nov 2006 Member No: 477,032 |
Hm...this isn't something I would do, but you could have been evil and slipped the jacket cover off. >_> I was actually thinking of buying it and then returning my other one in place of the it. the only reason why i bought the new moon special edition was cause of the poster. :] haha so i have three books now. ahhh harry potter!! the book and the movie! i really wanna read the last book though. I want to read the book, too. But then I kind of don't because it'll mean it's the end. And I'm not ready for that yet. :( |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 10:28 PM
Post
#297
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Head Staff Posts: 18,173 Joined: Mar 2005 Member No: 108,478 |
I want to read the book, too. But then I kind of don't because it'll mean it's the end. And I'm not ready for that yet. :( I know! Exact same sentiments here. I thought that to myself immediately when I first heard that Deathly Hallows would come out in 2007. It'll be so weird when I finally have the book, because after this it's a world with no further books to look forward to. Sounds melodramatic but the HP legacy did last for several years. :/ |
|
|
|
Jun 26 2007, 11:02 PM
Post
#298
|
|
![]() *dazzle ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 357 Joined: Aug 2004 Member No: 43,071 |
i'm trying not to think that it will be the last book. maybe rowling will you know, write one in the future for old times sake? haha, like that would ever happen. it is a bit sad to see harry potter go like that..
i was never a fan when it came out though. but ever since i read order of the pheonix i got into it. and yeah i dont know how i caught up with what was going on. the movies helped a bit but i figured some stuff out by myself. |
|
|
|
| *MyMichelle* |
Jun 26 2007, 11:07 PM
Post
#299
|
|
Guest |
Age: 18 Hobbies: photography Contact: srslameh Favorite character BESIDES Edward: Jake Why you don't like Edward: 1.) Sure sure, Edward does all the lovely little things we all want our boyfriends to do. He kisses you and nuzzles you, he stops you from getting hungry all over the place, he saves you and cares about you and *gasp* he even confesses his love to you constantly. But for a vampire, Edward has very big and very human flaw. He is extremely emo. Ok, yes, bitch is a vampire. Yes, he thinks he hasn't got a soul and he has self worth issues, but God damn. Shut up and listen to your woman for once. Look at me! I'm Edward and I whine and moan constantly about how terrible it is to have a loving girlfriend and a loving adopted family. Oh golly. She tastes good, oh crap, let me cry for eight pages, only focusing on myself while vaguely remembering I'm supposed to be doing this for Bella. 2.) Bella around Edward is boring'zorgs. Yes, ah, love, passion, heart stopping fun bubbles that pop and burst with happy flowers of mushy wuv. If she gasps at his perfect face and loves melting into his cold, stony arms one more time I'm going to fling myself off a cliff too. Who ever enjoyed snuggling up to there boyfriend when he felt like a freezing pole? (Mmm, Darling, I love it when we touch. It's as if I am throwing myself onto an icy lake. NEVER LET ME GO). If he's so cold all the time why don't her lips just freeze to him like in the Christmas movie? Oh wait! No that would be horrible! Her heart would implode on the spot and he'd have no choice but to eat her. Sigh. But I'm being unfair. All the mooshy parts with Edward and Bella make me happy and warm sometimes too. But Jake Is what a REAL boyfriend should be like. He makes you laugh, and holds you in his arms, and thinks about you and making you happy. If your happy he's happy. A good boyfriend is selfless and caring and would never ever leave you no matter how much emo pain he has. Unless you asked him too, of course. Plus he's strong. Yeah, he's pigheaded, but so is Edward. And yeah, he's childish, but he's only sixteen and competing with some 80 year old emotional blargy. Give the boy some credit. Jake is just as strong as Edward is, if not more. Sure his temper is crap, but just as Edward controls his blood lust, so must Jake control his anger. [/end rant] YAY I AGREE WITH YOU ABOUT NO. 1! I didn't even read the rest of them (sorry haha). I feel that Twilight is not a good VAMPIRE book. It's a great romance novel, but, I mean, as vampires, they f**king suck. T_T |
|
|
|
Jun 27 2007, 04:17 PM
Post
#300
|
|
![]() Krista. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 4,380 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 391,319 |
Oh.....my gosh......
o.o I just finished reading twilight. and i think it is the most amazing thing ever. EDWARD is the most amazing thing ever. |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |