Log In · Register

 
 
Closed TopicStart new topic
Transparency trouble
jabba
post Apr 10 2007, 02:01 PM
Post #1


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Apr 2007
Member No: 516,067



Hey everyone

Im using this code to make my tables transparent

CODE
<style>table table table td {
background-color:000000;
filter:alpha(opacity=60); -moz-opacity:0.60; opacity:0.60; -khtml- opacity:0.60; }
table table table table td {
background-color:000000;
filter:alpha(opacity=60); -moz-opacity:0.60; opacity:0.60; -khtml- opacity:0.60;}   </style>


Problem is all my friends and comments become transparent as well, is there anyway i can use transparent tables and keep all the content within them fully viewable?

Thanks for any help

http://myspace.com/ebonessence
 
freeflow
post Apr 10 2007, 02:17 PM
Post #2


t-t-t-toyaaa
********

Group: Official Member
Posts: 19,821
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 11,270



Nope I don't think its possible..
 
troy_boy_87
post Apr 13 2007, 01:22 AM
Post #3


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 2007
Member No: 516,755



I'm trying to figure out the same thing.

My friend has a profile that looks correct (table opacity, but pics and text are fine). He got his layout from one of those "pimp my myspace" places though. I tried looking at their code and don't even see the word "opacity" so I guess they are doing something different.

If anyone can provide any info I'd appreciate it.

http://www.myspace.com/troy_boy_87
 
troy_boy_87
post Apr 13 2007, 09:54 PM
Post #4


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 4
Joined: Apr 2007
Member No: 516,755



OK Here's the answer.............

Don't use opacity at all. Use a PNG file as your table background. PNG image files can be saved with a transparency (60%, etc). I have no idea how it looks in other browsers, but it seems ok on my IE. I can't take the credit though -- I just studied the code I mentioned in my previous post.

Very, very happy to finally get past this little roadblock. biggrin.gif
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: