Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Satanisim, Whats your opinion
sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 03:49 PM
Post #126


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 728
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 495,803



QUOTE(ursedonah @ Feb 10 2007, 9:47 AM) *
I wouldnt be rude to you if I hadn't told you countless times already that we dont worship satan. you just dont get it.


I never said I didn't get it, I just don't believe it. That is my own opinion and you can't be rude towards an opinion since that is free to do here, give opinions and debate =] It's kinda like me trying to explain to you there IS a God and you not believing it, I believe it to be true but you do not and then me getting mad at you because you don't get it. It goes both ways.
 
sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 04:26 PM
Post #127


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 728
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 495,803



QUOTE(xlinh @ Feb 10 2007, 12:54 PM) *
i know someone whos a satanist. hes weird.
he paints his face white and goes to school that way. and wears fishnet under all his clothing...
i mean he reads the satanist book and whatnot.
im just saying.
thats the only satanist i know.


Interesting. lmao.
 
elaboratedream
post Feb 10 2007, 08:32 PM
Post #128


straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 523
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 112,415



QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 10 2007, 3:49 PM) *
I never said I didn't get it, I just don't believe it. That is my own opinion and you can't be rude towards an opinion since that is free to do here, give opinions and debate =] It's kinda like me trying to explain to you there IS a God and you not believing it, I believe it to be true but you do not and then me getting mad at you because you don't get it. It goes both ways.


You're the most close-minded agnostic I have ever met.

You have these preconceptions of Satanism from your Christian background and no amount of fact can change your mind.

I quoted the founder of the religion, and you seem to think you know better than him.

I dont have a problem with people who have different beliefs than me.
But this isn't something that you can have an opinion on.

ITS FACT.

Satanists are Atheists. That is FACT
Satanists do not believe in the Christian Satan. That is FACT.
Satan is a metaphorical, if not satirical symbol for Satanists. That is FACT.
Satanists do not worship Satan. That is FACT.

now, I dont have a problem with opinions. you can have your opinions about whether Satanism is right or wrong. I prefer you at least know something about the religion before you make judgments, but if you want to be close-minded, go ahead.

but to say its your opinion that Satanists worship Satan is like saying that its my opinion that Christians worship airplanes.

ITS NOT TRUE.

I'm sorry if I sound rude in this, trust me, I'm trying my hardest to refrain from doing so.
 
sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 09:33 PM
Post #129


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 728
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 495,803



QUOTE(ursedonah @ Feb 10 2007, 5:32 PM) *
You're the most close-minded agnostic I have ever met.

You have these preconceptions of Satanism from your Christian background and no amount of fact can change your mind.

I quoted the founder of the religion, and you seem to think you know better than him.

I dont have a problem with people who have different beliefs than me.
But this isn't something that you can have an opinion on.

ITS FACT.

Satanists are Atheists. That is FACT
Satanists do not believe in the Christian Satan. That is FACT.
Satan is a metaphorical, if not satirical symbol for Satanists. That is FACT.
Satanists do not worship Satan. That is FACT.

now, I dont have a problem with opinions. you can have your opinions about whether Satanism is right or wrong. I prefer you at least know something about the religion before you make judgments, but if you want to be close-minded, go ahead.

but to say its your opinion that Satanists worship Satan is like saying that its my opinion that Christians worship airplanes.

ITS NOT TRUE.

I'm sorry if I sound rude in this, trust me, I'm trying my hardest to refrain from doing so.


I'm not closed minded, I just believe what I believe and I respect what you believe. You have already told me what Satanism is and I have looked online, sorry it's just something I don't believe. Not everyone is going to follow your religion and understand it.

If you think Christians worship Airplanes, go right ahead, it's your opinion and it doesn't bother me. I am not agnostic anymore btw...i've decided i dont want a religion at all..it's pointless...i believe in god and that's all that should matter. Why label yourself? But anyways that's besides the point...

Ps: My misconceptions of Satan as you put it have nothing to do with my Christian background, I was only a Christian for a year and a half but ever since I was born I believed Satan to be evil, I was just brought up to think like that and I will continue to believe that.
 
elaboratedream
post Feb 10 2007, 10:28 PM
Post #130


straight as a rainbow and twice as colorful
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 523
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 112,415



QUOTE(Heath21 @ Feb 10 2007, 9:33 PM) *
I'm not closed minded, I just believe what I believe and I respect what you believe. You have already told me what Satanism is and I have looked online, sorry it's just something I don't believe. Not everyone is going to follow your religion and understand it.

If you think Christians worship Airplanes, go right ahead, it's your opinion and it doesn't bother me. I am not agnostic anymore btw...i've decided i dont want a religion at all..it's pointless...i believe in god and that's all that should matter. Why label yourself? But anyways that's besides the point...

Ps: My misconceptions of Satan as you put it have nothing to do with my Christian background, I was only a Christian for a year and a half but ever since I was born I believed Satan to be evil, I was just brought up to think like that and I will continue to believe that.


I dont care if you follow my religion or not. I dont have a problem with people who have different beliefs than I do. You can believe that Satanism is evil. I dont care.

I just have a problem with you saying all these things because you're convinced that Satanists worship Satan.
Its not true.

and I hate people who judge based on misconceptions.
especially when they're presented with facts and they deny them.
 
sweetangel2128
post Feb 10 2007, 10:37 PM
Post #131


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 728
Joined: Jan 2007
Member No: 495,803



QUOTE(ursedonah @ Feb 10 2007, 7:28 PM) *
and I hate people who judge based on misconceptions.
especially when they're presented with facts and they deny them.


Well, to me those are not facts, I am not judging you or your religion I just don't believe in what you say it truly is, it's my own opinion and beliefs. And to me it's not a misconception.
 

6 Pages V  « < 4 5 6
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: