Official Football [Soccer] Club, Version 1 |
![]() ![]() |
Official Football [Soccer] Club, Version 1 |
Aug 31 2006, 07:54 PM
Post
#326
|
|
![]() Krista. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 4,380 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 391,319 |
chikushou....i forgot about this thread.
*sigh*....now that I think about it, I only got really interested in soccer around the time of the World Cup.... |
|
|
|
Sep 3 2006, 10:37 PM
Post
#327
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 200 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 215,126 |
I miss watching World Cup. I also miss Fernando Torres.
|
|
|
|
Sep 4 2006, 02:50 PM
Post
#328
|
|
![]() Member ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 23 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 450,831 |
|
|
|
|
Sep 8 2006, 06:22 PM
Post
#329
|
|
|
Member ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 12 Joined: Sep 2006 Member No: 462,358 |
Could I join? I absolutely love soccer.
Ashley |
|
|
|
| *yrrnotelekktric* |
Sep 8 2006, 08:16 PM
Post
#330
|
|
Guest |
|
|
|
|
Sep 13 2006, 09:31 PM
Post
#331
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 200 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 215,126 |
Question. If I wanted to watch the World Cup in 2010, how much would it be? and how would you purchase it? like just one ticket to one specific game? or do you have to buy a bunch or something? oh and where would we buy them?
|
|
|
|
| *yrrnotelekktric* |
Sep 13 2006, 09:34 PM
Post
#332
|
|
Guest |
^ I have noooooooooooooooooo clue either.
And I would like to know too. |
|
|
|
Sep 14 2006, 05:03 PM
Post
#333
|
|
![]() holyshitthat'shot. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 126 Joined: Aug 2006 Member No: 452,213 |
Someone at school had a FIFA World Cup 2006 tshirt today.
I envy her like crazy. Edit:// My bad. |
|
|
|
Sep 16 2006, 06:04 PM
Post
#334
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 535 Joined: Nov 2005 Member No: 301,185 |
Question. If I wanted to watch the World Cup in 2010, how much would it be? and how would you purchase it? like just one ticket to one specific game? or do you have to buy a bunch or something? oh and where would we buy them? Well, it's in South Africa, so get your tickets quick, because as soon as they go on sale over there (probably a few months before it starts), they'll sell like crazy. |
|
|
|
Oct 1 2006, 01:03 AM
Post
#335
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 200 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 215,126 |
^ so like where do i get the tickets then? ticketmaster?
|
|
|
|
Oct 17 2006, 10:07 PM
Post
#336
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 200 Joined: Aug 2005 Member No: 215,126 |
soo can anyone answer my question?
Question. If I wanted to watch the World Cup in 2010, how much would it be? and how would you purchase it? like just one ticket to one specific game? or do you have to buy a bunch or something? oh and where would we buy them?
|
|
|
|
Oct 28 2006, 10:16 PM
Post
#337
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Duplicate Posts: 459 Joined: Nov 2005 Member No: 308,469 |
This post has been edited for security reasons.
|
|
|
|
Oct 30 2006, 10:30 PM
Post
#338
|
|
![]() oooh yeah. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,333 Joined: Feb 2006 Member No: 376,533 |
y'know, i don't know who to root for anymore. :x
This post has been edited by rawtheekuh.: Dec 23 2006, 02:24 PM |
|
|
|
Apr 13 2007, 02:44 PM
Post
#339
|
|
![]() Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 6 Joined: Dec 2006 Member No: 491,532 |
i'm a huge fooball freak, yes i call it football even though i'm american (well kind of american)...so can i join? please?
God, c. ronaldo is a sexy beast..sorry random.. |
|
|
|
| *yrrnotelekktric* |
Apr 15 2007, 05:39 PM
Post
#340
|
|
Guest |
End it like Beckham: international career could be over August 11, 2006 4:27 pm EDT LONDON (AP) -- England may never again rely on David Beckham's bending free kicks. Coach Steve McClaren on Friday left him off the squad that will face European champion Greece on Wednesday in an exhibition game. The coach has not completely shut the door on one of soccer's most glamorous and popular players, but Mclaren is trying to build a national team without the 31-year-old Real Madrid midfielder. "I spoke to David last Monday and notified him of my decision and said that I was planning for the future, looking to change things, and David wasn't included," McClaren said. "At the present moment I am looking to take this team in a different direction. It's a new beginning. It's a clean sheet of paper for everybody and that's why I decided not to pick David Beckham." The game against Greece is at Old Trafford, where Beckham scored some of his greatest goals for Manchester United and England. It was against Greece at Old Trafford that Beckham curled in a last-minute goal in 2001, putting England in the 2002 World Cup. "Having spoken to Steve McClaren this week I can fully understand that a new manager should want to make his mark on the team and build towards the next World Cup," Beckham said in a statement. "I'm proud to have played for England for 10 years and my passion for representing my country remains as strong as ever." England now must do without Beckham's free kicks and penalty kicks as well as his long passes of uncanny accuracy. It was Beckham's free kick in a 1-0 victory over Ecuador that got England through to the quarterfinals of the World Cup in Germany. "I have great respect for him, fantastic captain for England, a great player and still is a great player and he took the news very well," McClaren said. "Although he was disappointed. I got the reaction I wanted and the reaction was that he would continue to fight for his place and I will never close to the door." Beckham limped out of England's quarterfinal against Portugal with ankle and Achilles' tendon injuries and sat tearfully on the side as his team was eliminated in a penalty-kick shootout after a 0-0 tie. The next day he stepped down as England captain after 58 games, but said he wanted to keep playing for national team. Beckham's critics insist he should have gone long ago. His show-biz lifestyle, his high-profile marriage to former Spice Girl Victoria Adams and the wealth he gained through nonsoccer endorsements also prompted suggestions he was no longer interested in the game. His ability with his accurate right foot made him a name on the soccer field and even became a movie title, "Bend It Like Beckham." But his critics said it was his only skill. A right wing, Beckham doesn't dribble past opponents. He rarely gets into close-range shooting positions and the only goals he scores from open play are long shots. Although he has the stamina to run for 90 minutes, he no longer has much pace. He is also a poor tackler who regularly gets into trouble with referees for petulant behavior. It was his retaliatory kick at Diego Simeone that led to a red card against Argentina at the 1998 World Cup. England had to play for another 73 minutes with 10 players, eventually losing in a shootout. While playing for Manchester United, Beckham was blamed for England's elimination and jeered by rival fans. But he bounced back and became a favorite again, appointed captain of the national team. He inspired England to a 5-1 victory over Germany in a World Cup qualifier in Munich and guaranteed a spot at the 2002 World Cup with his last-minute free kick against Greece. But England didn't make it past the quarterfinals in South Korea and Japan, and Beckham was partly to blame again. Having just recovered from a broken left foot, Beckham jumped out of a tackle against Brazil, and the move led to a tying goal. Brazil won 2-1 and went on to capture its fifth title while England went home. His goals helped England reach the 2004 European Championship. But Beckham, by then a Real Madrid player, shot high and wide from the penalty spot in another shootout loss to host Portugal. Under Eriksson, Beckham stayed as captain and helped the team reach the 2006 World Cup. But he angered FIFA president Sepp Blatter when he deliberately fouled an opponent to get himself suspended from a World Cup qualifying game against Azerbaijan. He knew at the time he would miss the game because of injury. Beckham made 94 appearances for England -- he was captain for 58 -- and has long said he'd like to reach 100. Only now, it's a "new beginning." Oh my God. screw that, I say bend it like ronaldo. But seriously, I feel for Beckham. |
|
|
|
Apr 17 2007, 01:49 PM
Post
#341
|
|
![]() The kooks ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 499 Joined: Apr 2007 Member No: 516,563 |
I would like join this club as well. Soccer being my first sport and all.
Oh and Kaka kicks @ss. |
|
|
|
Apr 17 2007, 06:31 PM
Post
#342
|
|
![]() Eastcoast Andy ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 114 Joined: Jul 2006 Member No: 445,471 |
I would like to join.
Soccer is pretty much the only sport I watch. . . and the World Cup is still a touchy subject for me. *wipes a tear away* ugh. |
|
|
|
Apr 19 2007, 06:34 PM
Post
#343
|
|
![]() Newbie ![]() Group: Member Posts: 6 Joined: Dec 2006 Member No: 491,532 |
i made some icons, just two for now anyways:
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/blu...de/kisscopy.png http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e348/blu...pejeanscopy.png |
|
|
|
Apr 22 2007, 12:19 PM
Post
#344
|
|
![]() Krista. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Member Posts: 4,380 Joined: Apr 2006 Member No: 391,319 |
Ok, so I completely updated the thread.
To the new members: welcome! And cosmoxgirl, thanks for making some icons! I posted those. |
|
|
|
Apr 23 2007, 04:30 PM
Post
#345
|
|
![]() The kooks ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 499 Joined: Apr 2007 Member No: 516,563 |
I would like to join. Soccer is pretty much the only sport I watch. . . and the World Cup is still a touchy subject for me. *wipes a tear away* ugh. Why? Who do you support? I loved every moment of the world cup. My beloved Italy finally proved why they own the world cup. |
|
|
|
Apr 23 2007, 10:25 PM
Post
#346
|
|
![]() Eastcoast Andy ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 114 Joined: Jul 2006 Member No: 445,471 |
|
|
|
|
May 3 2007, 09:13 AM
Post
#347
|
|
![]() The kooks ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 499 Joined: Apr 2007 Member No: 516,563 |
Well I like both France and Italy but I guess last year I just really wanted France to win. That was an intense game though. I like France as well. There my 2nd fav team behind Italy. Yeah that game was intense. I can't believe what Zidane did though. He just lost the plot. |
|
|
|
May 3 2007, 07:16 PM
Post
#348
|
|
|
muhfucka yo mama's a bitch ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Banned Posts: 1,461 Joined: Feb 2007 Member No: 506,674 |
|
|
|
|
May 3 2007, 07:42 PM
Post
#349
|
|
![]() hai, Im Philjay ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 922 Joined: May 2007 Member No: 520,964 |
Today In my soccer club.
I pulled a calf muscle. By faking my self out. =] Can I join teh soccer club? =D |
|
|
|
May 3 2007, 07:49 PM
Post
#350
|
|
![]() ˇLa Reina del Mundo! ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 205 Joined: May 2006 Member No: 415,882 |
Ooh! Like many other members here, soccer/football is probably the only sport I watch with extreme enthusiasm. So might I join too?
During the World Cup I was rooting for England, but since they got out, I rooted for France (in the final with Italy). I'm still a fan of Beckham, even though he's now "americanized." But my favorite player is probably Fernando Torres. My favorite clubs are Liverpool, Real Madrid, and FC Barcelona. Speaking of which, did any of you watch the MU and AC Milan game yesterday? |
|
|
|
![]() ![]() |