Log In · Register

 
7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
mac or windows?, choose one
mac or windows?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 64
Guests cannot vote 
*mipadi*
post May 18 2006, 08:13 AM
Post #151





Guest






QUOTE(xmy_sweet_revengex @ May 18 2006, 9:07 AM) *
Macs are the biggest pile of crap ever, they cant do half the things windows can. even half the software refuses =P

That's the biggest pile of crap ever. There are only a few things that Macs don't do: run the latest games (and if you want to play games, buy a console), and run MS Access. But MS Access is a piece of junk anyway.

I mean, seriously, it's one thing to not like a system, but spreading lies and misconceptions doesn't really help your case a whole lot.
 
*This Confession*
post May 18 2006, 10:57 AM
Post #152





Guest






windows.

macs are okay though
i was thinking about getting one.
probably still may..
&shrugs;
 
magicfann
post May 18 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #153


CB's Forum Troll
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,142



QUOTE(mipadi @ May 18 2006, 9:13 AM) *
That's the biggest pile of crap ever. There are only a few things that Macs don't do: run the latest games (and if you want to play games, buy a console), and run MS Access. But MS Access is a piece of junk anyway.

I mean, seriously, it's one thing to not like a system, but spreading lies and misconceptions doesn't really help your case a whole lot.

you're the biggest pile of crap ever, and you smell the worst
please, computers will always be better than consoles for gaming and that new mac laptop has the same system specs as my dell which i bought like 2 years ago
 
marzipan
post May 18 2006, 06:15 PM
Post #154


Krista.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,380
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 391,319



i've only used windows, but i've heard that macs are so much better.
 
AceShadows
post May 18 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #155


"Go for it!"
****

Group: Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 265,997



Windows!
 
*mipadi*
post May 18 2006, 09:11 PM
Post #156





Guest






QUOTE(magicfann @ May 18 2006, 5:05 PM) *
you're the biggest pile of crap ever, and you smell the worst
please, computers will always be better than consoles for gaming and that new mac laptop has the same system specs as my dell which i bought like 2 years ago

To each his own. I just mean to say that, given the power of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, it's unlikely that one could efficiently build a system that was of comparable power. Both are pretty amazing pieces of computing machinery. I think the power and graphics of the 360 blow away anything a computer can easily produce. And with a console, one doesn't need to worry about constantly upgrading hardware or software to meet the demands of games, or dealing with incompatible device drivers and things of that nature. Consoles just work; computers generally don't.

In general, I don't focus on raw system specs when it comes to computers. Computing is a holistic experience that isn't easily defined using numerical figures. The choice of an operating system comes down to goals and personal taste.

But really, I just meant to say that claims that a Mac can't do anything, or that OS X is poorly written, or suffers from major security issues, isn't really accurate. Choosing an OS based on personal taste and experience is fine, but doing so because of misconceptions—and then spreading those misconceptions, without real knowledge or experience—generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
 
magicfann
post May 19 2006, 08:45 PM
Post #157


CB's Forum Troll
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,142



QUOTE(mipadi @ May 18 2006, 10:11 PM) *
To each his own. I just mean to say that, given the power of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, it's unlikely that one could efficiently build a system that was of comparable power. Both are pretty amazing pieces of computing machinery. I think the power and graphics of the 360 blow away anything a computer can easily produce. And with a console, one doesn't need to worry about constantly upgrading hardware or software to meet the demands of games, or dealing with incompatible device drivers and things of that nature. Consoles just work; computers generally don't.

In general, I don't focus on raw system specs when it comes to computers. Computing is a holistic experience that isn't easily defined using numerical figures. The choice of an operating system comes down to goals and personal taste.

But really, I just meant to say that claims that a Mac can't do anything, or that OS X is poorly written, or suffers from major security issues, isn't really accurate. Choosing an OS based on personal taste and experience is fine, but doing so because of misconceptions—and then spreading those misconceptions, without real knowledge or experience—generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

haha i left a bad taste in his mouth =D
 
Tribal J_Rome
post May 19 2006, 08:56 PM
Post #158


wut wut in the butt?
******

Group: Human
Posts: 2,108
Joined: Sep 2005
Member No: 227,723



QUOTE(Arjuna Capulong @ May 7 2006, 8:33 PM) *
Macs are supposed to be good for working with media stuff.
That's what I heard.

Yeah that's what I hear too, plus the high school I went to used all Macs for M.C.A[Media Communications Academy], newspaper, and yearbook.
QUOTE(mipadi @ May 18 2006, 7:11 PM) *
To each his own. I just mean to say that, given the power of the Xbox 360 and the PS3, it's unlikely that one could efficiently build a system that was of comparable power. Both are pretty amazing pieces of computing machinery. I think the power and graphics of the 360 blow away anything a computer can easily produce. And with a console, one doesn't need to worry about constantly upgrading hardware or software to meet the demands of games, or dealing with incompatible device drivers and things of that nature. Consoles just work; computers generally don't.

In general, I don't focus on raw system specs when it comes to computers. Computing is a holistic experience that isn't easily defined using numerical figures. The choice of an operating system comes down to goals and personal taste.

But really, I just meant to say that claims that a Mac can't do anything, or that OS X is poorly written, or suffers from major security issues, isn't really accurate. Choosing an OS based on personal taste and experience is fine, but doing so because of misconceptions—and then spreading those misconceptions, without real knowledge or experience—generally leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've seen the graphics for computer games and consoles. Example: Need For Speed Underground. Played it on Playstation and on computer at my friend's house once. The computer version's graphics were so poor, the game wasn't even any fun. CS graphics aren't that great either.
 
magicfann
post May 20 2006, 08:46 AM
Post #159


CB's Forum Troll
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,142



QUOTE(Tribal J_Rome @ May 19 2006, 9:56 PM) *
Yeah that's what I hear too, plus the high school I went to used all Macs for M.C.A[Media Communications Academy], newspaper, and yearbook.

I've seen the graphics for computer games and consoles. Example: Need For Speed Underground. Played it on Playstation and on computer at my friend's house once. The computer version's graphics were so poor, the game wasn't even any fun. CS graphics aren't that great either.

yeah but have you noticed that more ppl play cs than runescape? shhh
kill in console please
 
much2muse
post May 26 2006, 02:12 PM
Post #160


RJL<3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,194
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 71,019



i've never used a mac or linux so i wouldnt know. mellow.gif

but more software is available for windows, i think?
 
*Indiscriminate Soul*
post May 28 2006, 05:06 PM
Post #161





Guest






Windows almost has a monopoly. Most applications and software are made to be compatible with Windows. It's convenient to use.
 
ThunderEvermore
post May 29 2006, 10:28 AM
Post #162


Quincy
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 872
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 23,613



 
magicfann
post May 29 2006, 10:34 AM
Post #163


CB's Forum Troll
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,142



QUOTE(ThunderEvermore @ May 29 2006, 11:28 AM) *

:O~ GIVE ME CREDIT PUNK
 
lanbexx
post May 29 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #164


我爱台妹,台妹爱我
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 877
Joined: Sep 2004
Member No: 52,340



QUOTE(Tribal J_Rome @ May 19 2006, 8:56 PM) *
Yeah that's what I hear too, plus the high school I went to used all Macs for M.C.A[Media Communications Academy], newspaper, and yearbook.

I've seen the graphics for computer games and consoles. Example: Need For Speed Underground. Played it on Playstation and on computer at my friend's house once. The computer version's graphics were so poor, the game wasn't even any fun. CS graphics aren't that great either.



then u were playing it on a bad setting. jack up the detail as high as it can go, pray that the system can handle it, and it looks stunning
 
ms. independent
post May 31 2006, 05:07 PM
Post #165


maybe it's just a dream
****

Group: Member
Posts: 117
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 394,421



I've got Windows XP on my computer right now, but when I get my laptop, I'm probably going to be getting an iPad so it'll be a macintosh. I generally prefer macs to windows because, to me, they're easier to manipulate and have better programs available for them. also because it makes more sense to me with all the art programs that I use on a regular basis. I've used them on both formats, but I prefer the mac layout for it.

I wonder if they have a version of linux for laptops... it wouldn't be that hard to put it on one, would it? _unsure.gif
 
StrangeMagic
post May 31 2006, 05:09 PM
Post #166


I'm Peter Pan Watch Me Fly!
****

Group: Member
Posts: 113
Joined: May 2006
Member No: 413,768



WINDOWS OWNS!!! macs are sooooo slow!
 
magicfann
post May 31 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #167


CB's Forum Troll
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 926
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,142



QUOTE(StrangeMagic @ May 31 2006, 6:09 PM) *
WINDOWS OWNS!!! macs are sooooo slow!

:O~ winner
 

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: