Log In · Register

 
105 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The girl next door
voguelove
post May 1 2006, 08:39 PM
Post #501


i'm maggie =]
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,607
Joined: Jan 2006
Member No: 361,616



i thought it looked like the typical spelling bee plot. girl wins from school, girl studies her ass off, girl learns lessons, girl wins national spelling bee.

i kinda thought it looked stupid/ a little too predictable. so, i dont think ill be seeing it.
 
AngryBaby
post May 1 2006, 08:43 PM
Post #502


L!ckitySplit
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 4,325
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 129,329



i saw it, it was good. and kinda cool with the "50,000" coaches thing. and it doesnt go quite as you think applejuice
 
*Girthy*
post May 1 2006, 08:47 PM
Post #503





Guest






Is it like a nerd love story?
 
AngryBaby
post May 1 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #504


L!ckitySplit
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 4,325
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 129,329



more like a nerd porn with a spelling bee plot
 
*Girthy*
post May 1 2006, 09:09 PM
Post #505





Guest






So thats why you saw it.
 
AngryBaby
post May 1 2006, 09:13 PM
Post #506


L!ckitySplit
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 4,325
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 129,329



you think i saw it out of sheer interest!? laugh.gif MWAHAHAHA oh Kevin, your too much
 
*Girthy*
post May 1 2006, 09:25 PM
Post #507





Guest






I was talking about spelling bee plot.
 
*islandgirl4eva*
post May 1 2006, 10:39 PM
Post #508





Guest






It really isn't that predictable. It's very touching and there are little nuances in the film that kept me guessing...and giggling at the same time.

Nerd porn with a spelling bee plot? XD

Wait, ew.
 
KissMe2408
post May 2 2006, 02:08 AM
Post #509


Yawn
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,530
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,772



Okay, I really want to see this. no idea why...

It could be from
(a) Listening to the "25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee Original Broadway Soundtrack" for the last month or so.
(b) Watching the '95 Spelling Bee on Cheap Seats, haha.
© Because it looks like a feel good movie...

I want to see it, and all the critics gave it good reviews too.
So ha! lol. I do want to see this. I'll probably go by myself, my friends would make fun of me.
 
lalalaLANUH
post May 2 2006, 04:45 AM
Post #510


peace&love, earth flower
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 651
Joined: Apr 2006
Member No: 398,938



I want to see it. It does look like the kind of movies that would give you warm fuzzies.
Nerd porn with a spelling bee plot is a bonus.
 
*islandgirl4eva*
post May 2 2006, 12:53 PM
Post #511





Guest






QUOTE(KissMe2408 @ May 2 2006, 3:08 AM) *
Okay, I really want to see this. no idea why...

It could be from
(a) Listening to the "25th Annual Putnam Spelling Bee Original Broadway Soundtrack" for the last month or so.
(b) Watching the '95 Spelling Bee on Cheap Seats, haha.
© Because it looks like a feel good movie...

I want to see it, and all the critics gave it good reviews too.
So ha! lol. I do want to see this. I'll probably go by myself, my friends would make fun of me.


Don't go alone, Katie! I'll go with you! Let's hit it up, I mean, I'd totally see it again!
 
hollywoodpink
post May 2 2006, 06:33 PM
Post #512


courtneeeey :)
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 420
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 386,316



i was at the premiere!
i saw it a week before everyone else!
the governator (governor schwarzenegger) was there, laurence fishburne, angela basset, keke fisher, etc.
it surprised me because i thought it was just some screening. my friend had been in the statewide spelling bee and got tickets for herself and three other people.
it was reaaaaaaaalllly cool.
it didn't hurt that it was a pretty goshdarn good movie.
i liked it a lot. =333
 
meleonade
post May 2 2006, 08:10 PM
Post #513


meleon---
****

Group: Member
Posts: 267
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 112,680



this movie sounds retarded
 
Teesa
post May 2 2006, 08:48 PM
Post #514


crushed.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,432
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 20,026



^Care to explain?

One of my friends saw it the other day and loved it. I have a lot of interest in it because my family and I used to be completely involved in the Scripps spelling bee and stuff. I even won spelling bees in elementary school and stuff :) so I think will check it out soon.
 
juliar
post May 3 2006, 12:00 AM
Post #515


3,565, you n00bs ain't got nothin' on me.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 3,761
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 3,565



starbucks is taking over the world.

anyway, i have seen no actual commercials about anything it's about, but i've seen some reviews for it online and it's getting all these amazing ratings.
 
*islandgirl4eva*
post May 3 2006, 09:57 AM
Post #516





Guest






^^ When I saw that it was a Starbucks Entertainment Production, I freaked out. The hale?

It's one of those movies that people of any age can watch and enjoy.
 
much2muse
post May 5 2006, 03:01 PM
Post #517


RJL<3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,194
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 71,019



QUOTE
I just had to bump this topic back up.


me too. _smile.gif

This show is great!! Hugh Laurie makes the show, for me. I think House, the dr., is awesome and hilarious.

edit//

woah! hugh plays georges dad in Stuart Little! haha. Didn't know that til now.
 
JumpforJoy
post May 5 2006, 04:47 PM
Post #518


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Jan 2006
Member No: 362,920



QUOTE(xxamandajanexx @ May 5 2006, 4:01 PM) *
me too. _smile.gif

This show is great!! Hugh Laurie makes the show, for me. I think House, the dr., is awesome and hilarious.

edit//

woah! hugh plays georges dad in Stuart Little! haha. Didn't know that til now.

He's also in Sense and Sensibility and that character is kind of like House.. a misanthrope. And when I saw him in Flight of the Phoenix, I was like, WHAT?! Hahaha.
 
MrElsewhere
post May 5 2006, 05:38 PM
Post #519


Change Gon Come
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,286
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 18,822



House is just too interesting for me to resist.

i love how he handles patients in the clinic. :D
 
short_dark_hair
post May 5 2006, 06:45 PM
Post #520


Bada-bing, bada-boom.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 452
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 86,111



One of the best shows ever ever ever. LOOOVE sarcasm.
 
*My Cinderella.*
post May 5 2006, 09:27 PM
Post #521





Guest






House is a good show. It gets me thinking.
 
technicolour
post May 5 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #522


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



House pwns.
And I really wanted someone to die on the 2 part show. I'm sorry but..it should have been done.
But House's sarcasm is so hilarious.

The writers of this show should get like so many awards.
 
flc
post May 7 2006, 12:44 AM
Post #523


× Dead as Dillinger. ♥
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,527
Joined: Mar 2006
Member No: 384,615



I really do like this show. Hugh Laurie {I think that's the House's real name?} is awesome for this character. I ♥♥♥ how sarcastic but smart he is.
 
sarcastic biscui...
post May 7 2006, 08:09 AM
Post #524


delicious.
****

Group: Member
Posts: 163
Joined: Jan 2006
Member No: 349,989



QUOTE(Kristinaa @ May 5 2006, 11:03 PM) *
House pwns.
And I really wanted someone to die on the 2 part show. I'm sorry but..it should have been done.
But House's sarcasm is so hilarious.

The writers of this show should get like so many awards.

The cop died...? Hah, I think Foreman should have died. He was such an ass.
 
much2muse
post May 7 2006, 11:03 AM
Post #525


RJL<3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,194
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 71,019



QUOTE
And I really wanted someone to die on the 2 part show. I'm sorry but..it should have been done.

haha. me too. foremans a jerk.

anyone notice that his name is eric foreman.. like eric off that 70s show? lol.

if anyone wants to see some house icons i made..
http://www.createblog.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=133063
 

105 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: