Log In · Register

 
 
Closed TopicStart new topic
Code for blocking pop-ups?
Birt
post Apr 25 2006, 07:00 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 84
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 323,797



For some reason, my Xanga causes a lot of pop-ups to appear whenever I view it. A particular one pops up that says "Click to run an ActiveX control on this webpage." This one also appears on other people's sites and doesn't let the music play. Is there a code or another way to get rid of this?
 
talcumpowder
post Apr 25 2006, 09:16 PM
Post #2


You'll find me in your dreams.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,010



ActiveX is the reason I stopped using IE. You can disable ActiveX somehow, but I don't remember.
The music thing, their URLs are probably broken if you're seeing pop-ups about it.
 
Vexx
post May 12 2006, 09:28 PM
Post #3


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 1
Joined: May 2006
Member No: 405,899



Fishcake - what do you use to view Xanga then? I try to use firefox, it doesnt have the ActiveX popups as I would get from IE but it also doesn't load a lot of stuff (like snowing on some xanga).
 
gelionie
post May 13 2006, 02:35 AM
Post #4


say maydayism.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,447
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 26,344



^ I believe she uses Firefox.

And Vex, please don't bump up old topics unless you are the topic starter.
 
talcumpowder
post May 13 2006, 11:25 AM
Post #5


You'll find me in your dreams.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 8,536
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 114,010



Reili uses Mozilla (which is NOT Firefox, but I won't say anything). mellow.gif There's no point in that crap that lags your xanga anyways... It can add security loopholes in some cases probably. As a trade off for no pop-ups I get the occasional page that I have to load in IE... But my Mozilla is so customized now that I don't care.
 
gelionie
post May 13 2006, 11:52 AM
Post #6


say maydayism.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,447
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 26,344



Oooops, sorry. sweating.gif
 

Closed TopicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: