Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Colourization<3, ft. Nicole Richie
xosteffanator
post Jan 8 2006, 01:55 PM
Post #1


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



.....The bits under the hair still have a bit of pink I know, but otherwise I think it's pretty good =]
Original
http://www.elegancepixelfied.com/Models/R/...e_nicole001.jpg
Colourization
[thumbed]

Constructive critism =]
 
Elleusion
post Jan 8 2006, 02:02 PM
Post #2


:D
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 337,031



I don't like the pic, and I think there is too much blue, you should have colorized it to be another color. You have good colorization, that is wonderful, but I don't think that the picture that you colorized was the best to colorize.
 
PrincessAda
post Jan 8 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #3


the name is ada.
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,688
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 334,608



^^ Yeah the dress should be like red or something..it matches her more.But I like it though! I love your colorizations.
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 8 2006, 02:11 PM
Post #4


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



QUOTE(xbabyboo @ Jan 8 2006, 3:10 PM)
^^ Yeah the dress should be like red or something..it matches her more.But I like it though! I love your colorizations.
*

Thankyou, but the dress was previously pink and I wanted it to be a bit more of a challenge so I chose blue
QUOTE(guilinger123 @ Jan 8 2006, 3:02 PM)
I don't like the pic, and I think there is too much blue, you should have colorized it to be another color.  You have good colorization, that is wonderful, but I don't think that the picture that you colorized was the best to colorize.
*

Yeah I agree with you that the picture isn't the best to colourize but I was trying to give myself a challenge =]
 
Elleusion
post Jan 8 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #5


:D
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 530
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 337,031



Well you did do really good!
 
ecargnmyst
post Jan 8 2006, 05:36 PM
Post #6


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,584
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 70,748



its too small to see the details =\ so i cant really tell..but i agree the color of the dress doesnt match her
 
*digital.fragrance*
post Jan 8 2006, 05:52 PM
Post #7





Guest






Wow - you even changed the eyes - way to be detailed!
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 8 2006, 06:10 PM
Post #8


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



^Thankyou =D
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 8 2006, 06:31 PM
Post #9


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



^Thanks =]
 
turbulent
post Jan 8 2006, 08:29 PM
Post #10


I intend to live forever-so far, so good.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,820
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,137



yeah, it does look pretty realistic. the dress is a lil too saturated. but the colorization part is really good considering the size
i wish i could see all the detail tho haha
 
m.ar.i.a
post Jan 8 2006, 11:20 PM
Post #11


^ignore. read> Maria.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 710
Joined: Dec 2005
Member No: 323,799



it is too small to see the details but there is red on her arm and hair. other then that, looks great... the eyes are too saturated though.
 
miszSERENiTY
post Jan 9 2006, 12:23 AM
Post #12


Take advantage of me.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 912
Joined: Aug 2004
Member No: 43,792



Small pic, but it looks nice
 
Rachel
post Jan 9 2006, 03:27 PM
Post #13


i've never wanted anything rationale.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,449
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 19,045



QUOTE(digital.fragrance @ Jan 8 2006, 4:52 PM)
Wow - you even changed the eyes - way to be detailed!
*

Umm...most people (well at least good people) change the eyes.


I agree with mizz_americaz. While it looks good, it is hard to see if you missed spots, over-coloured, ect. ect.

Try working with bigger pictures.
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 9 2006, 03:31 PM
Post #14


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



^actually before it was bigger but imageshack some how resized it.
 
maryissa
post Jan 9 2006, 10:21 PM
Post #15


Are You Kidding?
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,714
Joined: Sep 2005
Member No: 237,747



Thats cool. I like the skin color.

Imageshack resize it probably because u checked the resize button.
 
sprezzatura
post Jan 12 2006, 12:22 AM
Post #16


Peggy.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,508
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 214,025



I don't like the picture but you have good colorization skills.
 
Jeng
post Jan 12 2006, 04:05 PM
Post #17


Senior Member
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 7,149
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 213,509



pretty good..
use a different color on the background or change the dress color
too much blue as they said.
but its good
 
*reflection*
post Jan 13 2006, 11:14 AM
Post #18





Guest






you didn't color the hair or skin
be specific about what you colorized
what you did colorize looks ok
 
xxJess47
post Jan 13 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #19


I love you
****

Group: Member
Posts: 194
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 116,447



I like it. The skin color looks so real
 
Rachel
post Jan 13 2006, 11:45 PM
Post #20


i've never wanted anything rationale.
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,449
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 19,045



QUOTE(joizei__18 @ Jan 13 2006, 10:14 AM)
you didn't color the hair or skin
be specific about what you colorized
what you did colorize looks ok
*

Wow, I just realized that as well. I think all that was colourized was the eye colour and dress colour.
 
Gigi
post Jan 13 2006, 11:51 PM
Post #21


in a matter of time
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,151
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 191,357



Hmm, well. Keep in mind that Steffie (skp86) never said she colourized the whole thing, and I don't she implied or purposely misled us either. She even said that the bits under the hair were still pink...and that's from colourizing only the dress.

Let's not rush to conclusions, people! =p

Anyways, I think the dress, the light aqua blue part...it's a bit saturated. Also, I like a bit of contrast, and I think the darker blue part blends into the background too much. But it's pretty neatly done, from what I see.

Keep it up. =]
 
xosteffanator
post Jan 14 2006, 09:46 AM
Post #22


Senior Member
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,055
Joined: Jul 2005
Member No: 174,796



QUOTE(moo2u111 @ Jan 13 2006, 7:35 PM)
I like it. The skin color looks so real
*

I didn't colourize the skin.
And just to clear this up I did not colourize the whole thing.
I colourized the dress, eyes, and the lips.
 
sociallydsoryntd
post Jan 14 2006, 01:29 PM
Post #23


Senior Member
****

Group: Member
Posts: 254
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,811



I like the darker shade of blue, but the top lacy part seems too neon. A different hue or lighter shade would suffice.
 
emazing
post Jan 15 2006, 01:44 AM
Post #24


What a hypocrite.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,754
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 128,150



That's a really good colourisation, but a note of suggestion - maybe you should try making the aqua-lined colour of her dress a bit less.. bright?
_smile.gif Otherwise, it's realistic.
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: