Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Progressive Vector =D
blackxpearl
post Dec 16 2005, 12:42 AM
Post #1


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



I wasnt going to post this untill I'd finished the whole face but I wanted some comments and constructive critisism (preferrably the constructive critisism since I'm just starting out vectoring) before I do the rest. Just incase something looks weird I can fix it before it's too late. so uhmm... here it is so far, it's Penelope Cruz

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2667/vector2copy3qf.png
I can't stand the left side of the face, I MIGHT redo it...later

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/2739/vector2copy4lv.png
x.x the right side of the face is all weird =/ It's driving me nuts crazy.gif

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/3483/vector2copy3qn.png
The whole right side of the face is bad x.x

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/9170/vector2copy3ib.png
x.x, i know, the neck is bad. It doesn't help though that the picture is all weird around the neck so yeah...

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/867/vector2copy3wt.png
yes I know the neck sucks but whatever. It's the best I could do, It's f**ked up int eh picture too.


Lips look weird I know, i gotta redo under the eye but first I gotta put the finishing touches to it, like above the eye and the eyebrow before I even think about redoing anything.
 
*StanleyThePanda*
post Dec 16 2005, 12:33 PM
Post #2





Guest






I like it, it looks really good thumbsup.gif
 
Aoiro
post Dec 16 2005, 03:48 PM
Post #3


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,665
Joined: Apr 2005
Member No: 127,076



Pretty good, like it so far.
I really jope to see the finished product soon.
>w<
 
*mona lisa*
post Dec 16 2005, 05:18 PM
Post #4





Guest






Wow, that is awesome so far. It's so detailed and shaded really well.
 
seriouslynikki
post Dec 16 2005, 05:38 PM
Post #5


something more
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,468
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 8,808



That is perfect so far.
 
HelloSunshine
post Dec 16 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #6


High Voltage!∞
*******

Group: Official Member
Posts: 4,728
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 29,157



It's great so far.
You're so good at shading. ohmy.gif
I'm sure that in the end everything will turn out perfect.
 
ohmy_stars
post Dec 16 2005, 07:47 PM
Post #7


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Nov 2005
Member No: 307,366



it looks so real... great job!
 
*lolita kitty*
post Dec 16 2005, 08:02 PM
Post #8





Guest






So far so good. looks almost real :o
 
rochelley-o
post Dec 16 2005, 09:54 PM
Post #9


abooga.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 928
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 212,116



it looks so real! you`re great at shading. can`t wait to see the finished product.
 
*salcha*
post Dec 17 2005, 03:23 AM
Post #10





Guest






that must have taken forever >_>
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 17 2005, 02:02 PM
Post #11


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



^ not really. I loose track of time when I'm on the pc x.x. It seemed only a few hours on and off, but it was probably something like 10, but i kept stopping to give my eyes a break, I was sitting like this blink.gif for hours. I get migranes real easy so I gotta give myself a break for an hour or so. Although sometime I forget, like now. I've been playing the playstation for hours and I sorta got a migrane coming on sad.gif I had to stop and think "heyy, I only got this game today, I don't need to finish it". x.x. I'm diverting AGAIN. So yeah, I guess it did take forever lmao. Music helps =D
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 17 2005, 05:44 PM
Post #12


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



UPDATED

dun say anything bout the neck x.x I just started that bit, it'll look better I swear.
 
*mona lisa*
post Dec 17 2005, 08:33 PM
Post #13





Guest






May I ask what your technique is? Most people I've seen don't it little by little the way you do, but this looks much better.
 
Mulder
post Dec 17 2005, 08:41 PM
Post #14


i lost weight with Mulder!
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,070
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 79,019



im not sure what you're doing..

are you taking it in little sections? i usually start from the lightest shade...



its starting to look slightly posterized. i mean, it looks awesome..
it just sorta looks posterized.

im just jealous sweating.gif
 
CUTEBUNNY160
post Dec 17 2005, 11:07 PM
Post #15


who ma bitch? you ma bitch, bitch.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,920
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 55,278



can't wait to see it finished =)
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 18 2005, 02:05 PM
Post #16


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



QUOTE
May I ask what your technique is? Most people I've seen don't it little by little the way you do, but this looks much better


im not really sure, I just do whatever, I seem to have developed my own kinda technique. I read a few tuts and I got a baisic idea then it was just trial and error I suppose.

QUOTE
im not sure what you're doing..

are you taking it in little sections? i usually start from the lightest shade...



its starting to look slightly posterized. i mean, it looks awesome..
it just sorta looks posterized.

im just jealous sweating.gif


lol. VERY LITTLE SECTIONS. yah the posterized part is cworrying me. The neck looks a little weird in the picture though. I mgiht have to start it again.

hair scares me x.x
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 18 2005, 11:27 PM
Post #17


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



=O updated. it's crap I know...
Next I'm gonna do facial features. hair=last because I'm scared of it lmao.

edit/ infact, lips next then the rest of the face then the eyes then the clothes then the hair x.x
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 21 2005, 04:59 AM
Post #18


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



UPDATEDDD WOOO
sorry it took so long, I had to give myself a HUGEEE BREAK. The lips are kinda weird I know. The eye took ages. Together they probably took something like 7 hours to do. I'm on layer something lik e 2000 and something x.x
 
Gigi
post Dec 21 2005, 05:19 AM
Post #19


in a matter of time
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,151
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 191,357



I like how real it looks but it looks sorta...copied. I don't know, I don't really see a huge point in following posterizations EXACTLY if the vector turns out looking the same as the original...I think you can afford to be a little more creative.

However, kudos for the detailed-ness. =]
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 21 2005, 05:49 AM
Post #20


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



creative like add in makeup? manipulate the photo? any other ideas? I'll try that maybe after I finish this. It's only my second =/.
 
sweetxdork
post Dec 22 2005, 04:33 PM
Post #21


i`m da weird cambo chick
***

Group: Member
Posts: 47
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 135,200



i like it it`s really pretty
 
o0olaalaa
post Dec 22 2005, 10:21 PM
Post #22


ladybugs are hot <3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,169
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 93,802



i love it =)
 
Gigi
post Dec 23 2005, 09:32 AM
Post #23


in a matter of time
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,151
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 191,357



Oh, sorry for not clarifying...I hate it when I do that.

First I'll say that I think this is really REALLY good for a second. You're definitely on the right track, and you're sure to be one of the best.

I can't say I'm the best person to give you advice right now, because my vexels aren't even that great, but because I see that potential in you, I think that you could be much more. Have you been to http://www.vexels.net? That's a great site to get some inspiration and advice from.

I'm sorry to criticise when I can't even give you advice. sad.gif
 
blackxpearl
post Dec 23 2005, 09:39 AM
Post #24


Oreo Nazi >=)
****

Group: Member
Posts: 234
Joined: Oct 2005
Member No: 281,794



^yeah I go on vexels.net nearly everyday. Don't be sorry to criticise. As much as compliments are nice, it's the criticism that makes you better right?

Ugh I keep doing one part then getting bored then doing another. Hair=hard, I think I have no other option other than trial and error x.x
 
Annie5332
post Dec 23 2005, 10:56 AM
Post #25


Call me C.Annie
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 366
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,994



Its really nice. I like how its so realistic and detailed. Awesome job!
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: