Log In · Register

 

Resource Center Links

This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources

Submission Guidelines

 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
sunglass girl, vexel in progress
violini
post Oct 26 2005, 08:37 AM
Post #1


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



Finished Product:
happy.gif I especially like the ear



oh and I forgot to mention that the image is from vogued.nu/starway biggrin.gif






UPDATE:

almost done!





I think I like how this is coming out, especially the hair, any advice??

biggrin.gif

 
misoshiru
post Oct 26 2005, 08:40 AM
Post #2


yan lin♥
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 14,129
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 13,627



oh wow. i really like it even though it's not done yet. it reminds me of the song "sunglasses at night" by corey hart for some strange reason.
 
underworld457
post Oct 26 2005, 12:06 PM
Post #3


Major Cox is here
***

Group: Member
Posts: 66
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 53,859



looks good so far.
 
o0olaalaa
post Oct 26 2005, 02:33 PM
Post #4


ladybugs are hot <3
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,169
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 93,802



i love her sunglasses =)
 
*stephinika*
post Oct 26 2005, 03:19 PM
Post #5





Guest






wow, that looks so awesome so far! i can't wait to see it finished. i like her hair.
the original image is awesome too. _smile.gif
 
*mzkandi*
post Oct 26 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #6





Guest






Looks good and I love those sunglasses cool.gif
 
moorepocket
post Oct 26 2005, 03:37 PM
Post #7


Death is a promise given to us at birth
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,757
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 7,459



make edges more curve.
 
technicolour
post Oct 26 2005, 05:45 PM
Post #8


show me a garden thats bursting to life
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 12,303
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,987



can i give a bit of CC?

I think for the skin..you should attempt to make it a bit smoother/curvier?

The glasses look great and so does the hair, though. _smile.gif
 
violini
post Oct 26 2005, 06:06 PM
Post #9


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



I updated! unfortunately it's not much curvier because I didn't check here up till now... =(
 
*mona lisa*
post Oct 26 2005, 06:50 PM
Post #10





Guest






I think it's pretty good so far. What you need is more layers on the skin. There is too much contrast. Your shapes are a bit choppy; try to make them more smoother. Even though the image is pretty, this is a bad image to vexel because the shadows on the right side of her face mess you up badly. Don't forget to do the other side of the top lip. :)
 
violini
post Oct 26 2005, 07:17 PM
Post #11


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



QUOTE(mona lisa @ Oct 26 2005, 6:50 PM)
I think it's pretty good so far. What you need is more layers on the skin. There is too much contrast. Your shapes are a bit choppy; try to make them more smoother. Even though the image is pretty, this is a bad image to vexel because the shadows on the right side of her face mess you up badly. Don't forget to do the other side of the top lip. :)
*


about the top, lip well I can't see it in the picture so I'm not totally sure what to do about that pinch.gif and thanks! I'll definitely add more layers _smile.gif
 
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
post Oct 26 2005, 07:36 PM
Post #12


I love you more than sex appeal.
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,045
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 52,932



It looks pretty good so far. _smile.gif
Lovin the sunglasses. cool.gif
Cant wait to see when it's finished! thumbsup.gif
 
oXMuhNirvanaXo
post Oct 26 2005, 07:40 PM
Post #13


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,614
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,903



O man it looks like its going good keep up all the good work :-)
 
*mona lisa*
post Oct 26 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #14





Guest






QUOTE(violini @ Oct 26 2005, 8:17 PM)
about the top, lip well I can't see it in the picture so I'm not totally sure what to do about that pinch.gif  and thanks! I'll definitely add more layers _smile.gif
*

But that would just look really awkward. Finish the lip and make it a darker shade to show that it is shadowed. But transition one color to the next by using a gradient so it doesn't look bad side by side.
 
turbulent
post Oct 26 2005, 07:56 PM
Post #15


I intend to live forever-so far, so good.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,820
Joined: Mar 2005
Member No: 115,137



juss do it by eye [the top lip] lol you know what lips look like! you see em everyday tongue.gif
well juss a lil bit to much contrast in the skin. i like the picture you chose to vector, its pretty difficult one to do actually, but your handling it pretty well so far
 
KissMe2408
post Oct 26 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #16


Yawn
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 9,530
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 65,772



Hey! looking good! I really like the idea! Very unique :)
Only advice i would give you is just have this one word in your head before you finish this vexel: "Smooth" :)
It looks good! Keep working on it!
 
sprezzatura
post Oct 26 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #17


Peggy.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,508
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 214,025



GOODNESS your vexel is so realistic and this is a really hard picture to vexel.
 
Mulder
post Oct 26 2005, 11:11 PM
Post #18


i lost weight with Mulder!
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 4,070
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 79,019



its pretty good.

definitely add more layers. and about the lip. i have this problem all the time. just add a layer and fill it will white and lower the opacity until you can see the lip. i always have a "white" layer...on almost everything.

but its awesome. good job! i cant wait to see it when its finished.
 
violini
post Oct 28 2005, 07:57 PM
Post #19


blahblahblah.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 690
Joined: Nov 2004
Member No: 67,045



check out the update guys! i'm finally done, *sighs*
 
ecargnmyst
post Oct 28 2005, 08:25 PM
Post #20


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,584
Joined: Dec 2004
Member No: 70,748



i love the glasses!
 

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: