Log In · Register

 

Debate Rules

Here are the general forum rules that you must follow before you start any debate topics. Please make sure you've read and followed all directions.

Debate.

23 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Is masturbation a sin?, i herd it was im not sure
Is maturbating a sin?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 1054
Guests cannot vote 
vehvih
post Aug 25 2005, 12:00 AM
Post #401


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,133



^It's written in the 10 Commandments .. my sister said. That yeah, masturbating is a sin. But I'm not sure which one it is.

Whatev. I'm going to hell tongue.gif
 
*mipadi*
post Aug 25 2005, 12:33 AM
Post #402





Guest






QUOTE(vehvih @ Aug 25 2005, 1:00 AM)
^It's written in the 10 Commandments .. my sister said. That yeah, masturbating is a sin. But I'm not sure which one it is.

Whatev. I'm going to hell tongue.gif
*

I don't think there's a "Thou shalt not masturbate" commandment.
 
*RiC3xBoy*
post Aug 25 2005, 12:39 AM
Post #403





Guest






QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 24 2005, 10:33 PM)
I don't think there's a "Thou shalt not masturbate" commandment.
*

Yea there isn't, but MAN WOULD THAT BE INTERSTING.....
 
vehvih
post Aug 25 2005, 01:52 AM
Post #404


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,133



There isn't "Thou shall not masturbate" commandment but there is "Thou shall not commit adultery" which is the 7th commandment.
 
*mipadi*
post Aug 25 2005, 10:02 AM
Post #405





Guest






QUOTE(vehvih @ Aug 25 2005, 2:52 AM)
There isn't "Thou shall not masturbate" commandment but there is "Thou shall not commit adultery" which is the 7th commandment.
*

Adultery and masturbation are not nearly the same thing, however.
 
racoons > you
post Aug 25 2005, 10:44 AM
Post #406


Another ditch in the road... you keep moving
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 6,281
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,152



^

it really isnt... i mean, thinking about it, one is like the alternative to the other
 
Tiffany_Prep_Gir...
post Aug 25 2005, 10:55 AM
Post #407


coolest prep in CB
***

Group: Member
Posts: 67
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 202,836



ok, c'mon!
hi, well, i'm sorry for stay posting in da boys' locker, but I need to tell u, masturbation is a sin.

but really, I think so If nobody is perfect, so masturbation is normal, it's not a terrible sin like kill someone, but it's a little sin, but it's not no problem, millions of people masturbate, so what's the problem?

I don't masturbate, but I think so If a lot of boys do it, you can do it too.
 
*mipadi*
post Aug 25 2005, 10:57 AM
Post #408





Guest






QUOTE(Tiffany_Prep_Girl @ Aug 25 2005, 11:55 AM)
ok, c'mon!
hi, well, i'm sorry for stay posting in da boys' locker, but I need to tell u, masturbation is a sin.

*

Why is it a sin?
 
*danielle_x3*
post Aug 25 2005, 12:13 PM
Post #409





Guest






i have no idea. i don't see why it would be a sin though mellow.gif
 
yummy_delight
post Aug 25 2005, 12:38 PM
Post #410


Lauren loves YOU.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,357
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 32,793



It is, according to my teacher at Sunday School a couple years ago.

According to God, masturbation is "sex to one's self". The act of sexual intercourse is SUPPOSED to be done only to bring new life into the world. Therefore, the use contraception and masturbation are sins because they encourage sexual pleasure without the product of a child.
 
ParanoidAndroid
post Aug 25 2005, 01:27 PM
Post #411


Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,444
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,066



One time my mom forced me go to this Jesus camp and in there there was a lot of talk about making big decisions...

Masturbation (mentioned by the person who was directing the camp) is a great sin as said by God (However, the sad things is, I don't believe in God).

I really asked what is wrong with Masturbation...

the guy said, "Masturbation is touching one's self or the other in an un-pure way for selfish pleasures. It is not sanitary and something someone should do."

I don't believe all that crap. But if I did, I would think about it and say, "almost everything we do is sinning. So there is really NO way to go to heaven. Even if you repent for them you're still going to sin unconsciously and consciously. So it's pretty useless. And if you're going to be "pure and good" just to go to heaven, it's considered sinning because you're doing good for a selfish reason. You do good because it's what the faith is not to get a reward."
 
*mipadi*
post Aug 25 2005, 01:37 PM
Post #412





Guest






QUOTE(yummy_delight @ Aug 25 2005, 1:38 PM)

According to God, masturbation is "sex to one's self". The act of sexual intercourse is SUPPOSED to be done only to bring new life into the world. Therefore, the use contraception and masturbation are sins because they encourage sexual pleasure without the product of a child.

*

Where exactly is it written that God said that?
 
ParanoidAndroid
post Aug 25 2005, 01:51 PM
Post #413


Don't worry guys, size doesn't matter...to lesbians
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,444
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,066



QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 25 2005, 1:37 PM)
Where exactly is it written that God said that?
*


It was mentioned in the bible but it was interpreted differently..i 4got where

QUOTE(mipadi @ Aug 25 2005, 10:02 AM)
Adultery and masturbation are not nearly the same thing, however.
*

aˇdulˇterˇy ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-dlt-r, -tr)
n. pl. aˇdulˇterˇies
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

In other words, it means sleeping with someone who isn't your wife/husband.
 
*mipadi*
post Aug 25 2005, 03:12 PM
Post #414





Guest






QUOTE(andromeda_90 @ Aug 25 2005, 2:51 PM)
It was mentioned in the bible but it was interpreted differently..i 4got where
aˇdulˇterˇy    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (-dlt-r, -tr)
n. pl. aˇdulˇterˇies
Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a partner other than the lawful spouse.

In other words, it means sleeping with someone who isn't your wife/husband.
*

Right, but masturbation isn't sleeping with someone who isn't your wife or husband.

I'd like to know where in the Bible God forbids masturbation.
 
vehvih
post Aug 25 2005, 04:05 PM
Post #415


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,133



Wait, I'm doing my research.. I found this website yesterday but yeah.. I lost it.

edit:// I couldn't find that website .. instead, I found this click here

Well I'm not Catholic anymore.
 
ichigofan
post Aug 25 2005, 04:23 PM
Post #416


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,098
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 143,687



Well According to religious freaks.. it is a sin although its not mentioned any where in the Bible or the commandment [ from what I have read]. My personal opinion on masturbation is that its normal and everyone sooner or later does it cuz people get horny.. its a fact =D. I think that you shouldnt worry about it being a sin because just remember this.. During the Jesus/Prophets age People would marry their siblings,Parents,Uncles,Aunts,ETC.. so no religious freak should be looking down on something so natural as Masturbation is +D
 
vehvih
post Aug 25 2005, 06:20 PM
Post #417


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 604
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,133



^It is not mentioned literally*.. but if you are going to think about it.. What do you mean Jesus/prophet age? Yeah sure they married their siblings. But that was the old testament. In the coming of Jesus.. in the New Testament .. he had to render the old laws old.

*Many people do interpret the Bible in literal ways .. which I think is crap. Interpretations of the Bible can only be done by professionals, I think. And as for me, I would stick in to what I believe in. And that is, masturbation is normal.
 
DrEaMgUy2K1
post Aug 25 2005, 07:34 PM
Post #418


F**k me Beautiful
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,126
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 30,124



yes, if u masturbate 5 years along the road ur penis will fall off. trust me elba knows.
 
rCa22
post Aug 25 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #419


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 19
Joined: Feb 2004
Member No: 2,541



if masturbation is a sin, i would be burning in hell.

claimed.
 
lilmissphat04
post Aug 27 2005, 10:53 AM
Post #420


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 13
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 205,211



QUOTE(craziplaya21 @ Jun 3 2004, 7:32 AM)
ha, if masturbation is a sin, then everybody is goin 2 hell.
*


hahaha~ i agreed w. dat; tongue.gif
 
latinprep12
post Aug 27 2005, 11:14 AM
Post #421


M.a. x.
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,913
Joined: Jun 2005
Member No: 148,641



No i dont think touching your self is a sin....so yeah no its not
 
racoons > you
post Aug 27 2005, 02:30 PM
Post #422


Another ditch in the road... you keep moving
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 6,281
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 85,152



^

well.

that was unneccessary
 
OhXiet_ItzDonnA
post Aug 27 2005, 05:01 PM
Post #423


I love you more than sex appeal.
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,045
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 52,932



I think it is...I'm not really sure.
 
ichigofan
post Aug 28 2005, 03:00 AM
Post #424


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,098
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 143,687



QUOTE(vehvih @ Aug 25 2005, 7:20 PM)
^It is not mentioned literally*.. but if you are going to think about it.. What do you mean Jesus/prophet age? Yeah sure they married their siblings. But that was the old testament. In the coming of Jesus.. in the New Testament .. he had to render the old laws old.

*Many people do interpret the Bible in literal ways .. which I think is crap. Interpretations of the Bible can only be done by professionals, I think. And as for me, I would stick in to what I believe in. And that is, masturbation is normal.
*


Well what I mean by Jesus/Prophet age is basically around the First Century. Well from what I was taught marrying your family was never a law- and I didnt say it was, I said it was the practices of that era. Well isnt the bible for Spiritual people so it can be interpreted by anyone and in many ways. And as for me, I think that we will never truly know what the Bible says because it has been edited and revised so many times that who knows if it is even the words of jesus christ. And I agree with you lols Masturbation is normal as I stated in my last post...

/sorry if My post didnt relate to the topic... Feel free to delete it if necessary
 
b-boymatt
post Aug 28 2005, 03:57 AM
Post #425


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Aug 2005
Member No: 203,891



masturbation is pleasuring yourself, you might also be pleased when you get a good gift for your birthday, or go to a theme park. pleasuring yourself is not a sin, so i don't think masturbation is either.
 

23 Pages V  « < 15 16 17 18 19 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: