Log In · Register

 
105 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The girl next door
*Kathleen*
post Jun 6 2005, 12:40 PM
Post #201





Guest






Hmm...I never heard of this movie before, so I never thought of watching it. I was thinking about going to see that - perhaps I will now. I'll give you a review when I get back from it. Thanks, Roxi. happy.gif
 
MetalChick77
post Jun 6 2005, 03:06 PM
Post #202


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 394
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 93,231



I thought it was an excellent movie, i could kind of relate because im hispanic and i know people that live like that and everything.
 
*nightmare4taki*
post Jun 6 2005, 03:36 PM
Post #203





Guest






I was intending to go see this movie the first day it came out but If my memory is correct I opted to go to a club instead.

My cousin told me this was one of the best movies she has seen in a long time.



*Sidenote*
Being that Im a Ludacris fan, I wonder if he has acting skills.
 
miss barnes
post Jun 6 2005, 03:50 PM
Post #204


RiKACHANtEL
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 3,876
Joined: Sep 2004
Member No: 51,230



i saw it like 2 weeks ago. its really good

i like the part where loretta devine told that racist cop that her name and it was some stereotypical black name like shaniqua and he was..well i dont remember what he said but, i know he hung up on her
 
xo_jayden
post Jun 6 2005, 07:04 PM
Post #205


Member
**

Group: Member
Posts: 18
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 144,627



I saw it the night it was released and I thought it was AMAZING.
There were moments where you laughed out loud and moments that brought you to tears. It really made me think.

Not to mention Ludacris was surprisingly good in it.

I wouldn't think that the movie would promote or encourage racism in society. The movie just didn't attempt to provide a solution to the problem. Probably because it's something that's so deeply rooted in American culture. The movie left you to form your own opinions about all of the situations.

If someone, as a result of seeing crash, decides that they really don't like minorities, then they had those feelings in the first place.
 
*mzkandi*
post Jun 6 2005, 07:25 PM
Post #206





Guest






QUOTE(nightmare4taki @ Jun 6 2005, 4:36 PM)
*Sidenote*
Being that Im a Ludacris fan, I wonder if he has acting skills.
*


Hell yeah, he played that part really well, I was impressed.
 
sammi rules you
post Jun 6 2005, 07:58 PM
Post #207


WWMD?! - i am from the age of BM 2
*******

Group: Member
Posts: 5,308
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 8,848



well roxanne, looks like we like the same movies. :]

i saw crash twice.
 
Jus2s1mp13
post Jun 6 2005, 11:54 PM
Post #208


Um....Its meeee
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,218
Joined: Mar 2004
Member No: 8,264



Noo i havent seen it yet. I do want to go see it though.
 
xquizit
post Jun 8 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #209


wanderlust personified.
*******

Group: Official Designer
Posts: 7,515
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 797



*bump* Go see it, dag nabbit!
 
heyyfrankie
post Jun 8 2005, 09:08 PM
Post #210


This bitch better work!
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 13,681
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 28,095



QUOTE(Kathleen @ Jun 6 2005, 12:40 PM)
Hmm...I never heard of this movie before, so I never thought of watching it. I was thinking about going to see that - perhaps I will now. I'll give you a review when I get back from it. Thanks, Roxi. happy.gif
*

yeah, that's how i feel, too. i love movies like this. happy.gif i shall rent it with my netflix! tongue.gif
 
PurchasedRebelli...
post Jun 29 2005, 05:50 PM
Post #211


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 57,463



House season 1 will be released on DVD on August 30th! :)

And I hope this doesn't count as double posting since it's been a couple of months and no one else has posted but I just wanted to share the release date!
 
dahding
post Jun 29 2005, 07:44 PM
Post #212


whaaaaaaat?
******

Group: Member
Posts: 2,293
Joined: May 2004
Member No: 16,660



i love how cynical and sarcastic he can be, but still be so truthful and right. it's hilarious and it's a great show.
 
PurchasedRebelli...
post Jun 29 2005, 08:26 PM
Post #213


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 57,463



QUOTE(dahding @ Jun 29 2005, 7:44 PM)
i love how cynical and sarcastic he can be, but still be so truthful and right. it's hilarious and it's a great show.
*

Same here. He's a misanthrope and I love it.
 
*chaneun*
post Jun 29 2005, 08:35 PM
Post #214





Guest






I LOVE that show.
 
ichigofan
post Jun 29 2005, 09:27 PM
Post #215


Senior Member
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,098
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 143,687



I love that show My school is a premed based highschool so they use HOUSE to explain some of the stuff that we are learning atfirst I thought it was boring but then I just got hooked, It keeps getting better and better!!!!!
 
CrazayChristian
post Jun 29 2005, 09:35 PM
Post #216


The Texan
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 430
Joined: May 2005
Member No: 136,431



That is like MY FAVORITE SHOW!

House is awesome, my favorite so far is either the one with the nun or the one where he tells the stories to the new doc wannabes.

Awesome show.
 
glit_gal
post Jun 30 2005, 11:37 AM
Post #217


hi
******

Group: Member
Posts: 1,478
Joined: Apr 2004
Member No: 14,897



I love how they're doctors yet they do all these things like search people's houses and dig up cats in graveyards. They're basically doctors/detectives. Oh and did you know that Hugh Laurie has a british accent?
 
heyyfrankie
post Jun 30 2005, 11:39 AM
Post #218


This bitch better work!
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 13,681
Joined: Jul 2004
Member No: 28,095



no. i don't watch it and i HIGHLY doubt i will ever watch it. pinch.gif
 
aznxdarkricex
post Jun 30 2005, 02:00 PM
Post #219


there's no excuse at all...
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 318
Joined: Jan 2004
Member No: 1,520



i LOVE this show
 
PurchasedRebelli...
post Jun 30 2005, 03:14 PM
Post #220


Senior Member
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 833
Joined: Oct 2004
Member No: 57,463



Hugh is British.


The ONLY thing that bugs me about the show is that it might start to get old real fast. It's like this:

Patient comes in
Wrong prognosis/patient is dying (oh no!)
Yet another wrong prognosis/patient is almost dead
Ah ha! Right prognosis/patient is saved!

How much longer can they come up with obscure diseases/illnesses?
 
*danielle_x3*
post Jun 30 2005, 03:34 PM
Post #221





Guest






QUOTE(PurchasedRebellion @ Jun 30 2005, 3:14 PM)
Hugh is British.
The ONLY thing that bugs me about the show is that it might start to get old real fast.  It's like this:

Patient comes in
Wrong prognosis/patient is dying (oh no!)
Yet another wrong prognosis/patient is almost died
Ah ha!  Right prognosis/patient is saved!

How much longer can they come up with obscure diseases/illnesses?
*


i agree
 
sadolakced acid
post Jun 30 2005, 07:53 PM
Post #222


dripping destruction
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 7,282
Joined: Jun 2004
Member No: 21,929



house
hmm. i wonder what that thread is about...

i watch it. it's fun.
 
*mipadi*
post Jun 30 2005, 10:34 PM
Post #223





Guest






So is anyone else going to watch the season premiere of Degrassi: The Next Generation tomorrow night? It's gonna be a good one--I hear Emma becomes a real slut.

In preparation, my friend and I definitely watched the Every Episode Ever marathon last weekend for over twelve hours straight.
 
*xcaitlinx*
post Jun 30 2005, 10:38 PM
Post #224





Guest






ughhhh. degrassi. hmph. i watched that show when it first started, and i LOVED it. then each year more and more people would watch it and be like " OmGZZ...degrassi?!?? fUccc yes dat ShO is Daaa Besstt!1! " so i stopped watching it. the older episodes are so much better than the new ones.

damn you trendy people that watch it bc your friend's friend does!!! arrghhh...go watch something else and stay away from my television! wacko.gif
 
*mipadi*
post Jun 30 2005, 10:43 PM
Post #225





Guest






Degrassi's not a trend, it's a way of life, caytexo.
 

105 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: