studying abroad
karmakiller
post Jan 10 2010, 03:45 PM
Post #1

DDR \\ I'm Dee :)

Group: Mentor
Member No: 384,020

I was just curious how many of you have studied abroad, either in high school or in college. Or if any of you are interested in studying abroad and what steps you're taking to make that happen...

I'd just like to hear a little bit about your experience, since I'm interested in eventually studying abroad.

Start new topic
Replies
misoshiru
post Feb 19 2010, 01:20 AM
Post #2

yan lin♥

Group: Staff Alumni
Member No: 13,627

wait Tung, aren't you graduating??

i was in england for spring 09. one of the best decisions that led to some of the best times of my life. coming back was definitely difficult and i found it hard to settle into senior year at first. but, i've reconnected with friends at my home uni and working hard on my thesis. it's definitely tough, but you have to adjust. although, some people do change when they're abroad. for example, one of my closest friends before we both went abroad, now, just seems like a mere acquaintance.

one tip though, if you end up going abroad, is, don't hang out with only the people in your program, that gets boring fast. i don't think i would have loved england as much as i did, had i not gotten to know a lot of actual british students.

Posts in this topic

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: