Log In · Register

 
I don't understand.
theerinkal
post Dec 17 2008, 11:59 AM
Post #1


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



I submitted a really good layout but It was rejected. The person (I forgot their username lol) said that the image quality was a little low and that the links were not userfriendly.



That is the layout but if you would like to see it live just go to my site. I'm using it on there.

For the image, do I need to host it some place other than photobucket? like Imagshack?

For the links, Does the person mean change the color? or what? I don't understand that part.

I messaged the person asking them those exact two questions.

Thanks for the help in advance! :)

[[erin]]
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
synapse
post Dec 18 2008, 06:11 PM
Post #2


Live long and prosper.
********

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 10,142
Joined: Apr 2007
Member No: 514,926



Your best advice in this situation, as well as future situations, when you recieve something back from a mod, in this case, your layout was rejected by a design staff member, reply back to the PM that you received and ask them to further their explanation of why it was rejected. For me, the colors of the layout and the editing done to the image don't compliment each other very well, and it makes the layout look very unappealing. As for the links, I don't think they meant to use the word user friendly, as they are easy to use, and not hard to find. But there is hardly any editing done to them, just some html editing.
 
theerinkal
post Dec 19 2008, 01:26 PM
Post #3


Irrisistable Cabbages.
*****

Group: Member
Posts: 549
Joined: Nov 2007
Member No: 589,355



QUOTE(divergent @ Dec 18 2008, 05:11 PM) *
Your best advice in this situation, as well as future situations, when you recieve something back from a mod, in this case, your layout was rejected by a design staff member, reply back to the PM that you received and ask them to further their explanation of why it was rejected.


i did that and now i'm talking to him. I'm not that stupid, GOSH!

QUOTE(divergent @ Dec 18 2008, 05:11 PM) *
For me, the colors of the layout and the editing done to the image don't compliment each other very well, and it makes the layout look very unappealing.


Ok like i said I'll change them.

QUOTE(divergent @ Dec 18 2008, 05:11 PM) *
As for the links, I don't think they meant to use the word user friendly, as they are easy to use, and not hard to find. But there is hardly any editing done to them, just some html editing.


What else can I do to them?-I'm using HTML and that's all I'll EVER use.-I mean I can change the color (which is what I was planning to do after I got my domain name up) and add a background but why add a backgruond color that will just look weird on this layout.

_______________________________________________________________________

Everyone on the forums needs to take a chill pill and realize that not everyone is as good as a designer as they are. They should compliment the good things in the layouts or graphics instead of dragging the people down with the bad things that they did. Everyone here is just too uptight and is never nice to people like me who may not have as much expeirence in website design or creating any graphic or layout. You guys are so mean sometimes.
 

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: