Log In · Register

 
I Need Some Help w/ Linux & Toshiba, Toshiba Satellite A105 S4104
fameONE
post Sep 8 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #1


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



I'm becoming more and more of a Linux fanatic. On three systems, I have Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Fedora. Right now, I'm trying to install Kubuntu ona Toshiba Satellite and this bastard refuses to boot the OS from the disk. I've also tried from a flash drive and it wouldn't let me do that, either.

Any ideas?
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
sdgdfgdfgdfgdfg
post Sep 10 2008, 05:04 PM
Post #2


Senior Member
***

Group: Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Aug 2008
Member No: 675,652



Does the BIOS boot order have CD as the first option? Some computers have the hard drive first and don't even check the cd drive.
 
fameONE
post Sep 12 2008, 01:53 AM
Post #3


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



QUOTE(meloco32 @ Sep 10 2008, 04:04 PM) *
Does the BIOS boot order have CD as the first option? Some computers have the hard drive first and don't even check the cd drive.


It does, but the computer isn't reading the .iso file on the disk.
 

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: