Log In · Register

 
I Need Some Help w/ Linux & Toshiba, Toshiba Satellite A105 S4104
fameONE
post Sep 8 2008, 06:09 AM
Post #1


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



I'm becoming more and more of a Linux fanatic. On three systems, I have Ubuntu, Kubuntu and Fedora. Right now, I'm trying to install Kubuntu ona Toshiba Satellite and this bastard refuses to boot the OS from the disk. I've also tried from a flash drive and it wouldn't let me do that, either.

Any ideas?
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
mipadi
post Sep 8 2008, 06:31 AM
Post #2


Senior Member
******

Group: Administrator
Posts: 2,648
Joined: Apr 2008
Member No: 639,265



Bad disk? Did you verify it?

Also, pardon me for asking, but why install both Ubuntu and Kubuntu on the same machine? Why not just install Ubuntu, and then install KDE? You can still select which desktop environment you want to use when you log in.
 
fameONE
post Sep 8 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #3


^_^
*******

Group: Staff Alumni
Posts: 8,141
Joined: Jan 2005
Member No: 91,466



QUOTE(mipadi @ Sep 8 2008, 05:31 AM) *
Bad disk? Did you verify it?

Also, pardon me for asking, but why install both Ubuntu and Kubuntu on the same machine? Why not just install Ubuntu, and then install KDE? You can still select which desktop environment you want to use when you log in.


I'll create another install disk and give it a shot tonight. I'm in the process of removing Norton, so I can re-attempt the boot.

Oh, and I don't have Ubuntu and Kubuntu on the same machine. They're on two different ones. My personal computer that I use for everday usage has Ubuntu because I actually do like Gnome. Kubuntu is on my travel laptop and Fedora is on my desktop.

I never seem to have a problem with installing Linux on machines, but Toshiba has been giving me trouble.
 

Posts in this topic


Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: