Log In · Register

 
centering a myspace div layout
wok
post Jul 29 2008, 02:23 PM
Post #1


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 537,947



Hey guys, this topic is about myhappyending's Tokyo layout. Note that I did PM him first, and he responded saying that he was on vacation and didn't really have time to help. I don't know what else to do other than post on the forum, so sorry if I'm breaking forum rules.

Anyway, the layout is aligned left by default. A lot of layouts are like this, and I've generally been able to fix them by inserting <center> tags or through some other basic method, but I've spent hours trying everything I can think of, including joespace's tutorial and searching online, and I've come up with nothing that works. It's driving me crazy. This is partially because my CSS knowledge is pretty limited. Does anyone know how I can center align the entire layout, specifically in Firefox and IE? Thanks in advance.
 
 
Start new topic
Replies
wok
post Jul 29 2008, 02:59 PM
Post #2


Newbie
*

Group: Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 2007
Member No: 537,947



Alright, I've managed to align the text and contents of the div to center using the left:%50 tip, which is more than I accomplished before. Unfortunately I can't get it to line up correctly with the backgroud. This seems to be the line of code that affects the position of the background.

CODE
.image {height:562px; width:700px; top:100px; left:0px


I tried changing left:0px; but adding any %# seems to give me the same result which is misaligned with the text. I think this relates to what Anarchy said about margin-left:-#px, but I'm not sure where to place it.
 

Posts in this topic


Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: