Hosting for Rails application |
Hosting for Rails application |
Jul 5 2008, 06:06 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Administrator Posts: 2,648 Joined: Apr 2008 Member No: 639,265 |
Can anyone recommend a host that offers support for Ruby on Rails and also allows at least one subdomain?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 5 2008, 09:32 PM
Post
#2
|
|
|
Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Member Posts: 1,237 Joined: May 2008 Member No: 648,123 |
it really depends on your budget and how fast and reliable you want it to be (and of course how intense your applications are).
dreamhost has just recently started ruby on rails. how reliable they are depends on which server you get. people complain that they suck, but i still have a domain with them after two years and i'm running at 99.6% uptime. can't really go wrong. i believe it's $120 per year & promotional codes make it cheaper. ("50DREAMPROMO" gives you $50 off.) if you want fast, fast, fast, there's mediatemple. they're expensive ($20 / mo), but if you pay per year, i believe it's something like a 15% discount. there are some promotional codes floating around the net, none of which i've been able to find yet. |
|
|
|
mipadi Hosting for Rails application Jul 5 2008, 06:06 PM
libertie surpasshosting.com is relatively inexpensive and s... Jul 5 2008, 07:09 PM
mipadi I just need it to host my blog, so I'm not too... Jul 6 2008, 07:59 AM
libertie I did a simple shopping cart application a couple ... Jul 6 2008, 10:00 PM
mipadi QUOTE(libertie @ Jul 6 2008, 11:00 PM) I ... Jul 6 2008, 10:27 PM
mipadi Incidentally, I decided to go with A Small Orange,... Sep 28 2008, 05:27 PM
manny-the-dino Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please... Apr 2 2010, 01:00 PM![]() ![]() |