Hosting for Rails application |
Hosting for Rails application |
Jul 5 2008, 06:06 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Senior Member ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Administrator Posts: 2,648 Joined: Apr 2008 Member No: 639,265 |
Can anyone recommend a host that offers support for Ruby on Rails and also allows at least one subdomain?
|
|
|
|
![]() |
Jul 5 2008, 07:09 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() This bag is not a toy. ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Staff Alumni Posts: 3,090 Joined: Oct 2007 Member No: 583,108 |
surpasshosting.com is relatively inexpensive and supports add-on domains as well as additional subdomains for each. Out of the hosts I'm familiar with (meaning I've dealt with them before), it's the only one that explicitly states that it offers support for Rails unless I just didn't look hard enough. I'm sure there are others, but this is a host I've used before, and I wouldn't feel comfortable recommending something I've never used. xD Worth checking out, though - this is the link to their shared hosting page:
http://www.surpasshosting.com/hosting-shared-features.php Oh, also, I'm not sure if you remember the former LJ staffer jordanriane, but I believe she either owned or was involved with this hosting company which also seems to support Rails: http://holdfire.net/shared/ |
|
|
|
mipadi Hosting for Rails application Jul 5 2008, 06:06 PM
fixtatik it really depends on your budget and how fast and ... Jul 5 2008, 09:32 PM
mipadi I just need it to host my blog, so I'm not too... Jul 6 2008, 07:59 AM
libertie I did a simple shopping cart application a couple ... Jul 6 2008, 10:00 PM
mipadi QUOTE(libertie @ Jul 6 2008, 11:00 PM) I ... Jul 6 2008, 10:27 PM
mipadi Incidentally, I decided to go with A Small Orange,... Sep 28 2008, 05:27 PM
manny-the-dino Topic Closed, and Moved to Resolved Topics. Please... Apr 2 2010, 01:00 PM![]() ![]() |