Forum banners |
This Month's Contests | Hosts Looking for Hostees | Hostees looking for Hosts | BigBookofResources
Submission Guidelines
Forum banners |
Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM
Post
#1
|
|
![]() Naomi loves you. Y'all may call me NaNa ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Official Designer Posts: 2,925 Joined: Jun 2006 Member No: 427,774 |
I've made a couple of banners for my online friend Crissy for her forum site Illusion Of Magic. The link is located in my signature if you'd like to check it out. Take a look! These are simple.
1. Banner One 2. Banner two 3. Banner three 4. Banner four 5. Banner five I link them all because they're pretty big. So what do you think? |
|
|
|
![]() |
Dec 20 2007, 06:41 PM
Post
#2
|
|
![]() Tick tock, Bill ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Group: Administrator Posts: 8,764 Joined: Dec 2005 Member No: 333,948 |
1 - The black on the top is throwing me off and I don't get the words/brushy thing you used on the left. I'm also not sure what to make of the red candy cane looking situation (also on the left). Overall I do really like the colors you used and the simple texture used throughout. The font is ok. Here's my thing with the font. It just doesn't jibe with "Illusion of Magic." I think you should have used something more otherwordly or some type of fantasy themed type font with a title like that. I think it's too grungy.
2 - Again, font doesn't match the banner. (I'm super picky about fonts, sorry lol). I like the simple use of pink and white, that works. I think it's fine really, albeit a bit simple. But you know what, that's ok because some people really prefer simple. 3 - This one is lovely. The straight font you used works in perfect contrast with the background. The colors blend nicely together as well. 4 - Oh honey. This looks like you spent about 5 minutes in PS or PSP , whatever you use and slapped some words on top of a generic background. The blue looks horrid against the grey. The large capitals are bizarre as well. 5 - The scribbly thing. I know some people really dig it. I am not among them. The one positive thing I can say is that the whimsey of it does go with "magic", just in a very childlike way. I hope to see more from you. =) |
|
|
|
1angel3 Forum banners Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM
digitalfragrance I really like the first and the third one :) The ... Dec 20 2007, 02:30 PM
MissHygienic Banner one: I'm not liking the font very much;... Dec 20 2007, 03:44 PM
1angel3 Wow thanks guys I appreciate your comments. Keep t... Dec 20 2007, 07:02 PM
sweetasphyxia theyre all a tad pedestrian if you ask me. i don... Dec 20 2007, 07:12 PM
Xerofour QUOTE(1angel3 @ Dec 19 2007, 09:12 PM) I... Dec 21 2007, 02:06 AM
1angel3 QUOTE(Xerofour @ Dec 21 2007, 12:06 AM) w... Dec 21 2007, 03:45 PM
stacygreen Banner three is my favorite. Dec 21 2007, 02:24 AM
RogueVanity I love the colors in the first one, but the font s... Dec 22 2007, 04:57 AM
1angel3 ^ Thanks for your honesty Dec 22 2007, 06:33 PM
speakerboxx123 banner 3 Dec 22 2007, 08:33 PM![]() ![]() |